Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage

Blog Entries

Re: Marriage

From a natural instinct that is in all of us and can be attributed to the fact that, at the end of the day, we're all animals...I don't think monogamy jives there.

Males have a natural instinct to bang out as many women as possible - why? Because it is an innate desire to want to produce as much offspring as possible.

Females have a natural instinct to bang out males they feel exhibit the most desirable characteristics - originally, this was physical characteristics. However, as we became civilized, hierarchy also came into play.

There are a lot of positives about marriage though...some that come to mind -
    1) Limits the spread of diseases - especially potentially STD's. It's a weird positive, but it is a positive because if you're banging anything that moves, you're more likely to spread some diseases inadvertently to a larger pool of people (example - Swingers are at a much higher risk of things like HIV).
    2) Creates social order.
    3) Creates stability both professionally and personally.
    4) Population control.

For me? I've been married 10 years this October to a girl that I've been with since 2004 and have been friends with/known since 2001. She's hands down my best friend. We actually joke about it quite a bit because we don't really have a lot of friends that we socialize with on a consistent basis. I probably talk to her dad more than anyone else other than my wife and our kids.

As many here know, I was active duty Navy for 8 years. I enlisted after I graduated college, so I was I think 25 when I was in bootcamp. I was older than a lot of the other guys I was in boot with. I observed A LOT of young folks getting married when they were like 18, 19, 20, etc. Most of those people are now divorced or separated. My best guess for this is because these folks got married too young. I don't think there needs to be or is a "right" age to get married, but when you get married that young and you have kids that young, you do miss out on a lot of things that most young adults get into - namely being promiscuous. I'm not advocating fucking around, but when you get married you should be monogamous and that's something a lot of young married couples may not consider.

I think one needs to factor in a lot of aspects before getting married.

1) Is this person someone that I am physically attracted enough to that I can be satisfied banging them for the rest of my life?
    2) Does this person share the same life goals, ambitions, and morals that I do? I don't mean political morals (although that does help), but things like "we both want 2 kids" or "neither of us spend money on dumb shit".
    3) Can I work with this person? What I mean here is if I am remodeling the bathroom, can I come to agreements with this person on the project, tasks, objectives. Or, can we raise kids together?
    4) Marriage isn't all about "love" - it's a partnership.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

a two-parent family between a MAN AND A WOMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Two in one day eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Two in one day eh?
    Didn’t earn a real comment so I figured The Dude was appropriate!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Didn’t earn a real comment so I figured The Dude was appropriate!

The Dude abides

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Christ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Christ
    For those that are religious, Jesus Christ should certainly play a role in the home.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    For those that are religious, Jesus Christ should certainly play a role in the home.
    As is their right.

Im taken a back at how at ease it seems it was to say that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    As is their right.

Im taken a back at how at ease it seems it was to say that
    Hey man, some people dont like "The Gays". ;-)

Me?...ehh...I dont really care. I say love who you want to love. Bang who you wanna bang.

I'd rather see a kid raised in a household with two people that are loving, stable, and supportive. That's the important thing.

Hey man, some people dont like "The Gays". ;-)

Me?...ehh...I dont really care. I say love who you want to love. Bang who you wanna bang.

I'd rather see a kid raised in a household with two people that are loving, stable, and supportive. That's the important thing.
    Thats were im at.

I dont personally like or understand a lot of things. But tear on, what you do and how you live your life has no bearing on me, be happy and I'll back your right to do whatever you want to do

Indeed. I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice on that note.