Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Marriage

Re: Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Adam didn't have to sin himself in order to guide her in her sin. Though over time of being married to someone that is unequally yoked, it would fail. Think of two devout Christians marrying and then one of them loses their way.

The bible does not state that Eve repeated everything she heard from the serpent to Adam, btw. There really isn't any further detail about that dialogue besides "she gave to adam and adam also ate."
    Wouldnt you say Genesis 3:2,3 solidify that she heard and understood exactly what that tree meant?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Wouldnt you say Genesis 3:2,3 solidify that she heard and understood exactly what that tree meant?
    Yes but it is not mentioned that she repeated to adam her encounter with the serpent, though probable I'm sure.

Blog Entries

Romans 5 seems to indicate the fault was with Adam.

Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ
    12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
    13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Adam didn't have to sin himself in order to guide her in her sin. Though over time of being married to someone that is unequally yoked, it would fail. Think of two devout Christians marrying and then one of them loses their way.

The bible does not state that Eve repeated everything she heard from the serpent to Adam, btw. There really isn't any further detail about that dialogue besides "she gave to adam and adam also ate."
    Most of the things I've read interpret Adam as being there at the time, so she wouldn't have had to repeat it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Good grief. Don’t make me bring in the Lions boys! Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Most of the things I've read interpret Adam as being there at the time, so she wouldn't have had to repeat it.

You may be correct on this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Romans 5 seems to indicate the fault was with Adam.

Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ
    12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
    13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
    Yeah, I think this verse solidifies that if Adam hadn't eaten the fruit, both would have been saved. I think this just signifies what large responsibility men have in terms of leading their family in the right direction. We have a lot of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

If you get the chance to pass a couple of those sources to me, I would definitely appreciate it. In my head, the fact that Eve repeated her instructions back to the serpent means that Adam couldn't have been there, but I would like to hear others' perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    If you get the chance to pass a couple of those sources to me, I would definitely appreciate it. In my head, the fact that Eve repeated her instructions back to the serpent means that Adam couldn't have been there, but I would like to hear others' perspectives.
    I think it was from a devotional newsletter I get. I'll see if I can dig it out if my email tomorrow.