Police Raid House of St. Louis Couple, Seizing AR15

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-couple.html

Hmmm... Police Seize weapons... have press conference announcing that homeowners are unarmed....

No charges filed.... (this will end well)

Re: Police Raid House of St. Louis Couple, Seizing AR15

So not only can't government be relied on to maintain order and safeguard your life and property, but they can be relied on to jeopardize it you choose to safeguard it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-couple.html

Hmmm... Police Seize weapons... have press conference announcing that homeowners are unarmed....

No charges filed.... (this will end well)
    I saw this story this morning and that was the same thought I had. This is a very fucked up situation. Armed marxists storm you property and threaten you. You exercise your rights and brandish your legally obtained firearms to send a message that you will fight back if attacked. This apparently sends a message some in government do not like. How dare you not be cowed by the mob. So they take your legally obtained weapons away. This is really creepy as F and I hope people can see that. All these people did was defend their home from trespassers. Something similar happened to a couple in Michigan lately but it was in a parking lot, not their home. I think they both had conceal carry permits though and they got arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I saw this story this morning and that was the same thought I had. This is a very fucked up situation. Armed marxists storm you property and threaten you. You exercise your rights and brandish your legally obtained firearms to send a message that you will fight back if attacked. This apparently sends a message some in government do not like. How dare you not be cowed by the mob. So they take your legally obtained weapons away. This is really creepy as F and I hope people can see that. All these people did was defend their home from trespassers. Something similar happened to a couple in Michigan lately but it was in a parking lot, not their home. I think they both had conceal carry permits though and they got arrested.
    I'm not generally hyperbolic... but this is the opening salvo of the totalitarian state's declared war on free citizens.

Defend yourself, and be subjected to summary "justice" outside the bounds of the law.

It's not going to go well from here.

I'm not generally hyperbolic... but this is the opening salvo of the totalitarian state's declared war on free citizens.

Defend yourself, and be subjected to summary "justice" outside the bounds of the law.

It's not going to go well from here.
    How do they have a search warrant if there aren't any sort of charges being pondered?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    How do they have a search warrant if there aren't any sort of charges being pondered?

Adherence to legal standards doesn't seem to encumber activist prosecutors much these days... but my guess is that they simply declared an investigation, and seized the weapons as evidence.

Blog Entries

Police Raid House of St. Louis Couple, Seizing AR15

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer Democrat voter. Or, possibly a former Democrat voter?

This guy and his wife are also attorneys.

Definitely alarming, but I would imagine they will get their weapon back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer Democrat voter. Or, possibly a former Democrat voter?

This guy and his wife are also attorneys.

Definitely alarming, but I would imagine they will get their weapon back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is actually quite the left-activist.

A routine and generous donor to Shareblue from what I understand.

Sometimes irony takes a steaming dump on your front lawn.

Blog Entries

He is actually quite the left-activist.

A routine and generous donor to Shareblue from what I understand.

Sometimes irony takes a steaming dump on your front lawn.
    This, lol.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Adherence to legal standards doesn't seem to encumber activist prosecutors much these days... but my guess is that they simply declared an investigation, and seized the weapons as evidence.
    A judge would have to sign off though, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    A judge would have to sign off though, no?

I would imagine that if it were done in accordance with traditional adherence to legal standards, that yes a search warrant (and hence a judge's approval) would be required.

But as we are finding with alarmingly frequency, it is becoming increasingly common to find activist judges to accommodate the desires of activist prosecutors... and even occasionally activist prosecutors who are sufficiently convinced of their political righteousness, that they don't feel the need to bother with such restraints on their actions.

Or is it your contention that the seizure of property without charges is justifiable if a judge approves?