Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Some dimwit actress called for the boycott because the CEO praised Trump. Gotta make sure I buy them.

Speaking of boycotts, there were 63 million of us for Trump in the last election and probably close to the same number this time.We control a lot of money because we work for a living.If even a goodly fraction of us got together, we could raise some real economic hell. Tens of millions of us acting together could burn Hollywood. No movies except free ones, no separate premium movie channels, no magazines, no Star Wars junk for the kids...nothing from them. I haven't spent a nickel for that stuff in years.

Tell me what good Hollywood really does this country anyhow. John Ford's dead, folks.

Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Some dimwit actress called for the boycott because the CEO praised Trump. Gotta make sure I buy them.

Speaking of boycotts, there were 63 million of us for Trump in the last election and probably close to the same number this time.We control a lot of money because we work for a living.If even a goodly fraction of us got together, we could raise some real economic hell. Tens of millions of us acting together could burn Hollywood. No movies except free ones, no separate premium movie channels, no magazines, no Star Wars junk for the kids...nothing from them. I haven't spent a nickel for that stuff in years.

Tell me what good Hollywood really does this country anyhow. John Ford's dead, folks.

This is simply for saying something nice about the president after he signed an executive order benefitting their customers. So they are trying to harm a hispanic owned business for that. Its ridiculous. I pointed that out on the main board and people got upset.

I like to cook. I'm a spice fiend. I have it all in my pantry. Indian spices, Chinese spices, dried chillis, whole spices, marinades etc..

Although we will do some of the pre-marinated meats at Trader Joes lately i.e. Carne Asada, Pesto chicken etc.. I generally tend to make my own rubs and marinades from scratch. However, I'm not above looking for shortcuts and have a handful of good spice blends I use when I want to add that little extra or take a short cut.

Enter AOC and Lin Manuel Miranda. They seemed to go out of their way to point out how to make your own Adobo con Pimiento seasoning. So I looked into it and am frankly surprised I did not discover it sooner. I think I'm going to grab some today and marinate some chicken breasts and maybe a flank steak to grill up tonight with some yellow rice and refried beans. I may also give some of their other spice blends a look as well. I would have had no awareness of it had they not singled it out for cancelling so I'm assuming it must be one of their most popular products.

I buy Goya beans and lentils for Soups and Chillis already. I also use their coconut milk for curries. As a result of this I may see if I can shortcut some of my recipes with some of their other products. It has to be good if they went out of their way to cancel it right?
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-11-2020 at 11:09 AM.

The wife and I decided yesterday that while we're not particularly fans of Southwest Cooking, that we will enjoy it at least twice a week now. Home cooked...

Goya is going to be Chick-Fil-A on steroids.

Their business is going to double as a result of the "boycott".

Blog Entries

The wife always buys Goya products. I see no reason to stop, actually we may double-down :

¡buen provecho! ... Bc

I stopped going to the movies years ago. Titanic was the last tine I recall going on a regular basis. Since then, I have been back twice.
    I cut off all premium movie channels. Cut off Netflix.

Conservatives could rule the world if they took a month off work to destroy others. But that seems to be a liberal mind set. Conservatives tend to want everyone to succeed. Liberals want people to fail. This explains why conservatives don’t protest or call for banning something because someone thinks different. Liberalism is a disease. Many liberals are just hateful people that can’t handle someone else having fun

So unfortunately, the chances of getting a bunch of conservatives together to hope someone else fails, isn’t likely to happen

7. Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This is simply for saying something nice about the president after he signed an executive order benefitting their customrs. So they are trying to harm a hispanic owned business for that. Its ridiculous. I pointed that out on the main board and people got upset
    Not much chance of that happening here. There's a different "clientele" here. We'll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Not much chance of that happening here. There's a different "clientele" here. We'll just leave it at that.
    Right. I would have pressed it but that's not a politics board. Best not to shit where you eat.

9. Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Right. I would have pressed it but that's not a politics board. Best not to shit where you eat.
    Feelings. It's all about their feelings. Tread lightly.

I grabbed an 8 oz Goya Adobo con Pimiento today when we were at the store picking up stuff for my daughters 18 b-day party (she's having friends over by the pool tonight). It basically tastes like garlic salt. Very very salty. If you use it an any significant proportion at all you won't need salt and could probably use it as a salt substitute. I'll probably sprinkle some on chicken and grill it tomorrow. They have an orange lemon marinade that is cheap and looks pretty good too. I think I'll make a recipe that is a combination of both.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-11-2020 at 04:49 PM.

I grabbed an 8 oz Goya Adobo con Pimiento today when we were at the store picking up stuff for my daughters 18 b-day party (she's having friends over by the pool tonight). It basically tastes like garlic salt. Very very salty. If you use it an any significant proportion at all you won't need salt and could probably use it as a salt substitute. I'll probably sprinkle some on chicken and grill it tomorrow.
    I had a few pours of a decent barrel strength Bourbon this afternoon, and for some reason it seemed like a great idea to buy $35 worth of Goya products at the local gourmet Grocer.

Which is tough to do when you are eating Keto.

But I feel like I need to do my part.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I had a few pours of a decent barrel strength Bourbon this afternoon, and for some reason it seemed like a great idea to buy $35 worth of Goya products at the local gourmet Grocer.

Which is tough to do when you are eating Keto.

But I feel like I need to do my part.
    Good for you on the bourbon and the keto. I would still do keto if I could. It is truly the easiest way to lose weight if you are disciplined about it. Beans are probably not too bad. You could also buy their marinades and seasonings and do some fajitas without doing the tortilla. I could see a nice meal with Steak, chicken or shrimp with some onions and peppers flavored with their seasonsings and some refried beans and sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro etc..