Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    The wife and I decided yesterday that while we're not particularly fans of Southwest Cooking, that we will enjoy it at least twice a week now. Home cooked...

Goya is going to be Chick-Fil-A on steroids.

Their business is going to double as a result of the "boycott".
    So i cant understand why anyone would stop shopping at a shop because of political beliefs or similar and i doubt there is any person on the board who has done it in this instance.

So I'll go the opposite end and ask you why would you magically start shopping somewhere because of a boycott?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    So i cant understand why anyone would stop shopping at a shop because of political beliefs or similar and i doubt there is any person on the board who has done it in this instance.

So I'll go the opposite end and ask you why would you magically start shopping somewhere because of a boycott?
    Because we disagree with the boycott.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Because we disagree with the boycott.
    but why does that make you buy the product in question?

I think both are being silly.

but why does that make you buy the product in question?

I think both are being silly.
    Because I want to show support to a company that is losing money to a boycott.

I also participate in boycotts. I never eat at McDonald's or watch NBA games though my standards for starting a personal boycott are pretty high. McDonald's has glorified people who have killed cops and those who have attempted to kill cops. The NBA is supporting the human-rights abuses in China. If the CEO of Coke comes out and says they want Biden to be president, I'd still buy Coke over Pepsi.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

This guy started a Go Fund Me and will be using the profits to buy directly from Goya and have the food shipped to DC area food banks.

Here is the story.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nd-donate-goya

Here is the Go Fund Me link.

https://gf.me/u/yf5p38
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-13-2020 at 08:17 PM.

I generally don’t go in for boycotts. I’m a whoever is selling what I want at the best value, free market guy. But when there is an organized boycott over something I find this ridiculous, I’ll give that company some business if I can.
    You’d have to be pretty extreme in annoying me to boycott if I buy/watch your product already. For example if nfl players stand for the black national anthem and kneel for the actual national anthem, I’m not watching. We’ll see what happens with the nba and slogans on the jersey. But if someone wears free Hong Kong on their jersey, I’m going out of my way to watch him

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I generally don’t go in for boycotts. I’m a whoever is selling what I want at the best value, free market guy. But when there is an organized boycott over something I find this ridiculous, I’ll give that company some business if I can.
    You’d have to be pretty extreme in annoying me to boycott if I buy/watch your product already. For example if nfl players stand for the black national anthem and kneel for the actual national anthem, I’m not watching. We’ll see what happens with the nba and slogans on the jersey. But if someone wears free Hong Kong on their jersey, I’m going out of my way to watch him
    Agreed. I have a soccer Israeli soccer jersey in my closet from that team that changed their name to support Trump. I've never sat through an entire soccer match except for the girls soccer games back in college and that was for a very specific reason.
    ProFootballMock

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Oberlin College, one of the most whacko, libtard schools around did the same thing to a small family owned business. 3 students shoplifted there, then beat the crap out of an employee when caught. Students staged a mass boycott/protest for God knows what reason and the business decided to sue the college when it was apparent they were aiding the students boycott which was impacting their business.

Business sued and won an 11 million dollar settlement in a rare victory for the good guys.

As with Goya, folks were going out of their way to buy goods there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson...berlin_College
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 07-14-2020 at 07:29 PM.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ountry-n637480

(scroll to the bottom of the story)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Oberlin College, one of the most whacko, libtard schools around did the same thing to a small family owned business. 3 students shoplifted there, then beat the crap out of an employee when caught. Students staged a mass boycott/protest for God knows what reason and the business decided to sue the college when it was apparent they were aiding the students boycott which was impacting their business.

Business sued and won an 11 million dollar settlement in a rare victory for the good guys.

As with Goya, folks were going out of their way to buy goods there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson...berlin_College
    I remember that story and cheering for the bakery.
    ProFootballMock

The Goya Go Fund Me to feed the poor is at almost 240K right now. It was 125K last night.

https://gf.me/u/yf5p38

Blog Entries