Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

I made white bean and kale soup using Goyas Canneli, Navy and Small White Beans today.

When I was picking up onions and chicken stock I grabbed another big bad of Goya Jasmine Rice which we have had for about 2 months and was getting low. My daughter drinks Ginger Beer. Thinks it helps settle her stomach so I grabbed a liter of theirs. I had to cut the Goya label of as she is woke, lol. I tried it and it is very spicy in a good way. Would be great choice for a Moscow Mule. I also grabbed some of their Mojo Marinade and some chicken breasts. I am going to use that tomorrow and will let you know if it's any good. I am going to pick up a small shaker of Badias Adobo con Pimento seasoning as it has 50% of the sodium as Goya. The Goya Adobo con Pimento tastes good but is really, really salty. When I do the taste comparison with the Badia I'll let you know what I think here. If Goya's seasonings are sodium loaded ass I will say so. It's hard to f**k up Jasmine rice and canned beans and I've used those so will continue to do so.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-18-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I made white bean and kale soup using Goyas Canneli, Navy and Small White Beans today.

When I was picking up onions and chicken stock I grabbed another big bad of Goya Jasmine Rice which we have had for about 2 months and was getting low. My daughter drinks Ginger Beer. Thinks it helps settle her stomach so I grabbed a liter of theirs. I had to cut the Goya label of as she is woke, lol. I tried it and it is very spicy in a good way. Would be great choice for a Moscow Mule. I also grabbed some of their Mojo Marinade and some chicken breasts. I am going to use that tomorrow and will let you know if it's any good. I am going to pick up a small shaker of Badias Adobo con Pimento seasoning as it has 50% of the sodium as Goya. The Goya Adobo con Pimento tastes good but is really, really salty. When I do the taste comparison with the Badia I'll let you know what I think here. If Goya's seasonings are sodium loaded ass I will say so. It's hard to f**k up Jasmine rice and canned beans and I've used those so will continue to do so.
    It sounds like I need to take a trip by your crib for a Michelin meal

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    It sounds like I need to take a trip by your crib for a Michelin meal

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I like to cook. I like feeding people. Food is a great way to connect to people and cultures outside your own. It's a universal thing. I'm happy that for some reason that side of my personality has manifested itself in the last 5 years or so. Cooking is creating. It's building but with food. It's a great way to discover other cultures. It's intuitive that other cultures, particularly the older ones, will have accumulated a lot of sophistication and wisdom when it comes to food and spices. I feel like that is something that will sustain me as I get older.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

I use...

in making our salads, and do not intend to stop... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I use...

in making our salads, and do not intend to stop... Bc
    What’s the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

A chickpeas sitting down.

Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    That one works too.

I heard it
    “I’ve never seen anyone to pay to have a garbanzo bean on their face”

Last edited by jonboy79; 07-19-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    jonny, not a damn thing... Bc

LOL ow, now that's funny even thought it's "politically incorrect" (but physically correct)... Bc

I just bought Badia's Adobo Con Pimeiento and gave it a try in the car. Definitely less salty but they also added a citrus element that I'm not sure I'm crazy about since I'm already using a citrus marinade. I grabbed a flank steak and some of Goya's bitter orange marinade that I'm going to use on it. I grabbed some of their medium pico-de-gallo to see if it's any good and some of their adobo chipolte chillis in adobo in case I make salsa with my surplus of tomatos and garden fresh jalapeno. I also grabbed some of their yellow rice. Will let you know how the flank steak in bitter orange is.

Update: I'm not sure that bitter orange marinade is something appropriate just to dump on a flank steak. Maybe a oil, lime, onion, jalapeno and cilantro marinade is more appropriate. I think the mojo crillo that I used on the chicken might be better for just dumping on flank steak. This is a learning experience.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-19-2020 at 05:53 PM.

10. Re: Now they're calling for Goya beans boycott-how about Hollywood?

Introduce some Patron Tequila and all bets are off.

Okay, I had some chicken marinated in Goyas Mojo Criliollo Marinade. It was very delicious. I highly recommend it. They sell small bottles and it's just a citrus marinade that tenderizes and also seasons. It's decent stuff. I did NOT us the Goya Adobo con Pimiento as it's salty as ASS. Crazy Salt. Disgustingly salty. I used Badia's Adodobo con Pimento which has half the salt bu they added citrus which was totally unnecessary. Might want to make your own Adobo. If Goya had a low sodium version I would buy it its crazy fucking salty.

Their Ginger Beer is great.
    Their Jasmine Rice is great.
    Their Mojo Criollo marinade is very good.