Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportat

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    At a minimum should factor in cost of living index, rather than being a blanket number

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. My wife and I are considered upper-middle class in our area due almost entirely to her. We'd be slightly above median in some places.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportat

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And this is one of the highest cost of living areas in the country. Their $11/hour has the same buying power as &8/hour where housing, taxes, and everything else is cheaper.

A BJs in MD sells stuff for higher prices than a BJs in Ohio. Do you think the higher minimum wage has something to do with that?
    https://la.curbed.com/2018/9/14/1785...cost-of-living

This is due to the supplementary poverty measure (which leftists won't pay attention to because it uses data and not unicorn farts). Basically instead of saying everybody under X-amount of dollars is living in poverty, the SPM adjust for things such as child care, housing cost, price of goods and services, etc...
    https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...mo/p60-268.pdf

Page nine has all fifty states color coded with their poverty rates based on SPM
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Most of the illegals that are brought here are over the southern border. If you mean most come by other means that is true if you count overstays on visas that often leave within weeks or months past their visa.

But the ones that come and stay long-term are coming over our southern border. Most who are currently here illegally for the long term did so as well.

And we don't need them to do work Americans won't do. They are doing work FOR WAGES American won't do. If you want the lower end pay to go up forget the minimum wage, get rid of illegal workers.
    For once Greg .....I agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Re: Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportat

Most of the illegals that are brought here are over the southern border. If you mean most come by other means that is true if you count overstays on visas that often leave within weeks or months past their visa.

But the ones that come and stay long-term are coming over our southern border. Most who are currently here illegally for the long term did so as well.

And we don't need them to do work Americans won't do. They are doing work FOR WAGES American won't do. If you want the lower end pay to go up forget the minimum wage, get rid of illegal workers.
    I agree w/all your points, but the illegals aren't going anywhere anytime soon. We can sit here all day and write about why something is and what it should be. I'd agree w/it all, but would rather we can all collectively come up w/a viable, realistic plan. We've allowed ourselves as a nation to sit back (for decades, actually) and let the radical left, soccer moms, Karens, etc. infiltrate out schoolboards and our politics and here we are. Sorry if that offends (not much, though) but it's true. The illegals are not leaving. They are both future Dem voters and people that love all the free shit our gov't doles out. They take our tax money and effectively buy the votes. Pretty good scam, if I must say.

Blog Entries

PM your name so I can write you in come November.

Well then let's jack it to $100/hour then.

There is no value in raising the minimum wage to raise living standards. Getting rid of the excess labor of illegal aliens would push up lower end wages.
    I think you misinterpreted what I said. I am arguing it would lower standard of living in the short term because inflation would outpace wage increases for all but minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I agree w/all your points, but the illegals aren't going anywhere anytime soon. We can sit here all day and write about why something is and what it should be. I'd agree w/it all, but would rather we can all collectively come up w/a viable, realistic plan. We've allowed ourselves as a nation to sit back (for decades, actually) and let the radical left, soccer moms, Karens, etc. infiltrate out schoolboards and our politics and here we are. Sorry if that offends (not much, though) but it's true. The illegals are not leaving. They are both future Dem voters and people that love all the free shit our gov't doles out. They take our tax money and effectively buy the votes. Pretty good scam, if I must say.
    At this juncture I don't see any path out of this that doesn't involve some sort of path to legal status, due to cost. At least it's you provide the means to stay legally, you can get all the people on the books, which makes it tougher to underpay. Definitely disagree with a path to citizenship, at least for people who came as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    At this juncture I don't see any path out of this that doesn't involve some sort of path to legal status, due to cost. At least it's you provide the means to stay legally, you can get all the people on the books, which makes it tougher to underpay. Definitely disagree with a path to citizenship, at least for people who came as adults.

This has been the plan of the left all along.

Flood the country with potential leftist voters, and sunset them into citizenship.

What the left didn't count on is that latinos are generally Catholic, and tend not to care too much for high taxes and having social engineering shoved down their throats.

Honestly the Black community seems to be getting tired of it as well.

They may be the demographic groups that actually save this country from commie caucasians.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    This has been the plan of the left all along.

Flood the country with potential leftist voters, and sunset them into citizenship.

What the left didn't count on is that latinos are generally Catholic, and tend not to care too much for high taxes and having social engineering shoved down their throats.

Honestly the Black community seems to be getting tired of it as well.

They may be the demographic groups that actually save this country from commie caucasians.
    I've often thought that is why the Hispanic community - particularly those not here legally - have become the new target demographic for the left.

I can't think of a time where I have heard more highly visible Black Americans talk about how sick they are of leftist ideologies. I'm not saying everyone is "there" yet...but it's a lot more than it was. BLEXIT is for real in a lot of ways.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wha...unity-platform

"This is a bold, transformative platform for our party and for our country. And I am deeply grateful to Senator Sanders for working together to unite our party, and deliver real, lasting change for generations to come,” Biden said

So it looks like Trump by a landslide then.
    So, when Trump plays to the Republican base it’s good politics, but it is bad politics when Biden plays to the Democratic base? I doubt these positions matter much to Independents, but they will help increase turnout for Democrats. This election is going to be a referendum on Trump.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    So, when Trump plays to the Republican base it’s good politics, but it is bad politics when Biden plays to the Democratic base? I doubt these positions matter much to Independents, but they will help increase turnout for Democrats. This election is going to be a referendum on Trump.

I don't care about this tactics.

I care about his actions.

This isn't a game to me.