Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportat

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Not sure if you are serious or not w/that. Anyway, since it hasn't been done for so long, IMO that would do no good. I'd be in favor of raising it to say, $10/hr right now (which is where it should be) then every five years or so, check what the inflation rate has been and raise it again. Or, the CPI. Just do something. I really can't grasp why anyone that favors keeping it where it currently is would like to have had their own wages stay the same, while everyone else around them gets raises or at least gets a COL increase. Sorry, but I gotta give the ol' SMH to that thinking.
    Was absolutely being 100% serious.
    Even raising the MW 30% overnight to $10 would drastically reduce the quantity of MW jobs overnight as well as put thousands of small businesses out of business in these difficult times.

Now is perhaps the worst time ever to speak of increasing Minimum wage. Businesses small and big alike are barely still breathing...

Doubling minimum wage as Biden suggests, NOW, would completely cripple the economy and increase poverty massively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportat

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Not really sure how this helps make the case that poor people have to be fat because better foods are expensive.

Can't you simply eat less?
    Not saying they have to be. However there are more obstacles.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Even raising the MW 30% overnight to $10 would drastically reduce the quantity of MW jobs overnight as well as put thousands of small businesses out of business in these difficult times.

Now is perhaps the worst time ever to speak of increasing Minimum wage. Businesses small and big alike are barely still breathing...

Doubling minimum wage as Biden suggests, NOW, would completely cripple the economy and increase poverty massively.

MDs and Del mi wage is $11. Econ seems to be humming along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Tell that to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Tell that to Baltimore.
    Every state has an armpit.

6. Re: Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportat

Good points. I wouldn't recommend raising it to $10 overnight. However, some areas/states have done so or more. I still contend that the issue has been kicked down the road for so long, that something has to be done. I do agree that right now isn't great, but even a small increase is a start and if the clowns in DC can do their jobs for once, maybe some progress can happen. Even though I get what some are saying and respect their opinions on leaving it alone, I just can't grasp the logic behind it. The politicians have screwed up royally, IMO, on this. Now.....here we are.

Blog Entries

Every state has an armpit.

Maryland is a bit of an abnormality though because it's right beside DC and northern Virginia, which is home to a vast majority of US Government jobs, defense contractors, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Biden endorses Unity Platform, incuding Free Healthcare for Illegals, $15 Minimum Wage, Reparations, Halt to all deportation

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Good points. I wouldn't recommend raising it to $10 overnight. However, some areas/states have done so or more. I still contend that the issue has been kicked down the road for so long, that something has to be done. I do agree that right now isn't great, but even a small increase is a start and if the clowns in DC can do their jobs for once, maybe some progress can happen. Even though I get what some are saying and respect their opinions on leaving it alone, I just can't grasp the logic behind it. The politicians have screwed up royally, IMO, on this. Now.....here we are.
    Agreed that it is too low and has been. Constant baby steps are the answer, IMO. There should not be a year that MW doesn’t rise, this year included. But it should never jump by more than 10% in any year no matter what. Small, incremental increases allow businesses to slowly feel the effects and would play well with Inflation.

If we aren’t careful, there will be no jobs available to Hs and college kids because the entry level positions will all be handed to robots/computers like cashiers are at a rapid pace. I Was just in a Royal farms that has zero live cashiers. Only cooks and shelf stockers.

An actual, living, breathing adult over 18 has zero excuse to still be making minimum wage. Which actually brings up an interesting point. Why isn’t there different minimum wages for <>18. $10 for adults and $8 for minors would be reasonable today.

Last edited by jonboy79; 07-13-2020 at 05:52 PM.

MD is also the wealthiest state in the country... at least it was in 2017 according to census information.

Blog Entries

MD is also the wealthiest state in the country... at least it was in 2017 according to census information.

Median household income in Maryland as of 2019 was around $83-84K.

The average household income where I live in Maryland (New Market) is $126,000.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Median household income in Maryland as of 2019 was around $83-84K.

The average household income where I live in Maryland (New Market) is $126,000.
    White Privilege!! Lmao!

Blog Entries

White Privilege!! Lmao!

LMAO.

Hard work and smart buying privilege. We bought here in 2013 when things were still pretty bad in terms of property value. Values around me have gone up 20-25% in 6 years or so.