Can a local liberal explain something to me

I am curious. Seeing two things that happened today. Clearly, from my view, they are both political grandstanding. Just wondering if the liberals think these are serious moves to protect and serve all, of if you agree, these are both political moves to focus on party first

#1. NYC. The dem mayor of NYC decided to help paint black lives matter On 5th Avenue, right in front of the trump tower. Clearly, a divisive attack on the president. Hoping it would start a fight.

#2. While Marykand continues to see significant declines in COVID cases, hospitalizations, a deaths, the dem county counsel decided to make face masks mandatory in public. This has not been a requirement for the past few months, as cases continue to decline. Seems like a play to scare people into staying home, keeping schools closed, which would both crush the economy.

Neither of these two actions today can be viewed as helping the entire community. Both are very divisive. Can anyone justify either action without being completely political

Re: Can a local liberal explain something to me

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I am curious. Seeing two things that happened today. Clearly, from my view, they are both political grandstanding. Just wondering if the liberals think these are serious moves to protect and serve all, of if you agree, these are both political moves to focus on party first

#1. NYC. The dem mayor of NYC decided to help paint black lives matter On 5th Avenue, right in front of the trump tower. Clearly, a divisive attack on the president. Hoping it would start a fight.

#2. While Marykand continues to see significant declines in COVID cases, hospitalizations, a deaths, the dem county counsel decided to make face masks mandatory in public. This has not been a requirement for the past few months, as cases continue to decline. Seems like a play to scare people into staying home, keeping schools closed, which would both crush the economy.

Neither of these two actions today can be viewed as helping the entire community. Both are very divisive. Can anyone justify either action without being completely political
    So from what I understand, the masks are only required in crowds where you can't distance yourself... So basically what we had already.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So from what I understand, the masks are only required in crowds where you can't distance yourself... So basically what we had already.

It goes against common sense. And Hogan’s agenda.

It basically throws all sports out the door. My son plays lacrosse. They have been practicing for a month getting ready for agents. Glad most of the games are in DE. But the big tournament, with teams from all over the country, is in three weeks in Annapolis. Wonder if it will be cancelled now that players would have to wear a mask

1. It's the establishment democrats doing all of this pandering as opposed to actual things that would help black people. The establishment dems are gonna do what the establishment dems are gonna do. They needed to be voted out yesterday.

2. Dude, you need to get over wearing masks. Trump tweeted today about how Nordic countries have way fewer cases than we do. Guess what.....they all wear masks and have medicare for all

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    1. It's the establishment democrats doing all of this pandering as opposed to actual things that would help black people. The establishment dems are gonna do what the establishment dems are gonna do. They needed to be voted out yesterday.

2. Dude, you need to get over wearing masks. Trump tweeted today about how Nordic countries have way fewer cases than we do. Guess what.....they all wear masks and have medicare for all
    What does medicare for all have to do with the spread of the virus? If you have a medicare card in your wallet does that make you immune? Those folks Cuomo killed by the thousands in NY nursing homes should have kept their cards on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What does medicare for all have to do with the spread of the virus? If you have a medicare card in your wallet does that make you immune? Those folks Cuomo killed by the thousands in NY nursing homes should have kept their cards on them.
    You do realize a lot of people lost their jobs, which means they lost health insurance, which meant that a lot chose to fight the disease at home instead of getting real help.

Healthcare shouldn't be tied to your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It goes against common sense. And Hogan’s agenda.

It basically throws all sports out the door. My son plays lacrosse. They have been practicing for a month getting ready for agents. Glad most of the games are in DE. But the big tournament, with teams from all over the country, is in three weeks in Annapolis. Wonder if it will be cancelled now that players would have to wear a mask
    Yeah. I need to email the soccer club to find out how this impacts them before signing my daughters up.