Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. LJ8's ball security - year two.

One major improvement by Lamar from his rookie season to his sophomore season was ball security. I know he probably had at least 10 fumbles his rookie year when running the RPO.
    I can only recall one fumble lost last season and that was the one vs SF. Whatever he practiced to fix that issue was a Godsend.

2. Re: LJ8's ball security - year two.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    One major improvement by Lamar from his rookie season to his sophomore season was ball security. I know he probably had at least 10 fumbles his rookie year when running the RPO.
    I can only recall one fumble lost last season and that was the one vs SF. Whatever he practiced to fix that issue was a Godsend.
    His rookie numbers are slightly inflated from bad snaps. I'm counting 12 fumbles in 2018. I want to say that ~4 of those were snap issue with Skura (who got a lot better in 2019). It looks like only one of the others came during a handoff (vs. Pit, Q1, 13:27 with Edwards). I'm not going to go watch them all right now, but I can provide Game, Q, and Time if desired.

He had more than 1 fumble in 2019 too. I'm counting 11 (PFR only has 9; not sure which ones they're not counting). There were 2 botched exchanges with Ingram (both against Cleveland, oddly enough). A number of times, Lamar bobbled/dropped a snap, recovered it, and gained positive yardage. Examples include:
    • 4th and 1 sneak at PIT (Q3, 09:10)
    • the long run at LAR (Q2, 05:39)
    • a long run at CLE (Q3, 11:01)

I believe he only lost 2 fumbles: the SF play you mention (Q3, 12:13), and the botched exchange at CLE (Q1, 02:17). It also looks like he did not get strip-sacked (happened twice in 2018).

Something else to note here: Lamar touched the ball a lot more in 2019 than in 2018. His raw fumble total was roughly the same, but I'd bet he had at least twice the opportunities to fumble, if not more.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: LJ8's ball security - year two.

I remember the one against KC as a rookie that ultimately did us in.

4. Re: LJ8's ball security - year two.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I remember the one against KC as a rookie that ultimately did us in.
    Butker missed a FG as time ran out in Q4 after the strip-sack in the KC game.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

“Whatever it takes imo do it” - Lamar Jackson. You gotta love this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Butker missed a FG as time ran out in Q4 after the strip-sack in the KC game.
    Yea but we should have sealed the deal that drive IMO. Good field position, tucker, and plenty time.

7. Re: LJ8's ball security - year two.

Yea but we should have sealed the deal that drive IMO. Good field position, tucker, and plenty time.
    2nd down on our own 36 with 44 seconds to go, 1 timeout? Color me skeptical.

Yeah, but that was the year kc took off from playing defense

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

You question our MVP?

Chemistry between a QB and RB takes time. They wouldn't have had the reps to dedicate a lot of practice time to RO's when Flacco was QB1.

Between the snaps and that important piece of context, I still don't think it was as bad as people amde it seem.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

11. Re: LJ8's ball security - year two.

You question our MVP?
    In his 4th start, and with MM as his OC? Yes.

You question our MVP?
    He wasn't an MVP his rookie year.