Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Bulletin Board Material

How many wins do these opinions count for?

/THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How many wins do these opinions count for?

/THREAD
    \THREAD

Actually, since these are the people who actually make NFL decisions, quite a bit. It's pretty clear some NFL execs/scouts are better than others.

LJ8 isn't a half bad QB for a running back. Ravens fly with LJ8.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Great post Jim.

Based on these results the whole survey is a waste of time. Are 'NFL personnel' really that stupid? They aren't being asked to project college players based on traits. They've been looking at NFL players actually performing in the league and they're still using their traits based approach, even in the face of, sometimes, years and years of evidence to the contrary (Mitchell Schwartz). To ignore evidence in favour of your own beliefs is just stupid. A few teams should be rethinking how they hire scouts.
    For me, in this case, it's not a thing of stupid or smart in the conventional sense. If anything, it's a thing of emotional intelligence; not being able to recognize the interior biases at work, and to see how they're clearly leading one to interpret the facts in a way that is totally divorced from reality/on-field production. This comes up a lot in politics too; people will ask if politicians are really that stupid (and some are, no doubt), and by and large the answer is more the fallibility of reason than just a lack of brute intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    \THREAD

Actually, since these are the people who actually make NFL decisions, quite a bit. It's pretty clear some NFL execs/scouts are better than others.
    They count for ZERO Ravens wins. I don't care about other teams.

This isn't a big deal and how you ask the question could vary the rankings quite a bit.

If you asked who you would want as your QB to put a team together Jackson is probably 2 on most everybody's list because he is young and will get better.

I would trade Jackson for Mahomes but none of the others. But I don't give a damn about this list as being some kind of snub.

And Mahomes is helped by having incredible receiving talent around him. I wonder what Jackson would do with that kind of weaponry.

And Mahomes is helped by having incredible receiving talent around him. I wonder what Jackson would do with that kind of weaponry.
    I think DeCosta plans to find out over the next few years. He's clearly trying to stockpile some playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think DeCosta plans to find out over the next few years. He's clearly trying to stockpile some playmakers.
    Given our history with WRs forgive me for being skeptical. I am hopeful, but I have been through Taylor/Clayton/Doss/insert the one you remember/etc.

Given our history with WRs forgive me for being skeptical. I am hopeful, but I have been through Taylor/Clayton/Doss/insert the one you remember/etc.
    All I said was DeCosta is trying. I wouldn't think there's anything particularly controversial about that.

I'm sure we're all over the map on how likely they are to succeed: hope, despair, and everything in between. But they're clearly trying.

They count for ZERO Ravens wins. I don't care about other teams.

This isn't a big deal and how you ask the question could vary the rankings quite a bit.

If you asked who you would want as your QB to put a team together Jackson is probably 2 on most everybody's list because he is young and will get better.

I would trade Jackson for Mahomes but none of the others. But I don't give a damn about this list as being some kind of snub.

That's not the point. If anything, it's good that a % of NFL people continue to underrate Lamar Jackson, it makes it easier for the Ravens to beat those teams.