Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But I thought you were about to explain how Deshaun Watson is a better QB than Lamar??

Is it the way he throws INTs twice as frequently as Lamar?
    The way he takes sacks 50% more frequently than Lamar does?
    The way his stats get inflated by throwing 50/50 balls to DeAndre Hopkins?

Is it the way he's got the same number of SB rings as Lamar?
    The same number of conf champship appearances as Lamar?

Is it the way he's less accurate on 3rd-down throws to the sticks than Lamar is? (65.6% vs 62.2%)

What is the aspect of playing QB that really showcases for us how Deshaun is better than Lamar?
    If you read my OP ....I said you can take Watson out and put LJ at 5. I have zero issue with that based on last year alone. Any higher and you’re just a homer.

And clearly I’m not the only one who thinks this outside of Lamarland. Otherwise he wouldn’t be 6 on this list.

I’m sure you could make an argument why Lamar should be number 1 on any QB list. Sorry. I’m not a homer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    One playoff win, apparently. BFD.
    You say that now. What if it’s 0-5 when his rookie deal is up? Still team losses ...but he’s the one getting to HUGE check.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But I thought you were about to explain how Deshaun Watson is a better QB than Lamar??

Is it the way he throws INTs twice as frequently as Lamar?
    The way he takes sacks 50% more frequently than Lamar does?
    The way his stats get inflated by throwing 50/50 balls to DeAndre Hopkins?

Is it the way he's got the same number of SB rings as Lamar?
    The same number of conf champship appearances as Lamar?

Is it the way he's less accurate on 3rd-down throws to the sticks than Lamar is? (65.6% vs 62.2%)

What is the aspect of playing QB that really showcases for us how Deshaun is better than Lamar?
    Damn. Jzc going for the jugular tonight.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees at this point in their careers are definitively not better QB's than Lamar. Rodgers is much better than Drew, and is much more limited by his situation, but is clearly in a decline (from like potential GOAT status, so there's a lot of decline to be had); most notably, he played extremely timidly last year, and cannot create the same magic he used to be able to on a fairly regular basis. There is no way Rodgers' arm and mobility, at this point, provide more value and pop than Lamar does.

Drew can't throw a ball past 20 yards at this point, and the only explosion they get out of that position is when they sub Taysom Hill in there, so...also, if playoff wins really matter to you, how has Drew been doing the past couple years, a veteran with one of the best playcallers, one of the best O-lines, and a top 3 WR? Hmm.

Watson takes way too many sacks, throws too many interceptions, and doesn't even have the prolific stats argument going for him in the way even a Stafford or Matt Ryan do. Watson gets an inordinate amount of praise because he is A) young, and B) makes really cool highlight plays.

Lamar was simultaneously one the league's most efficient passers and deadliest rushing weapons in the entire league, and even that summary description sells Lamar's impact short. And again, Lamar doesn't have a receiver on the level of the guys ahead of him (perhaps Hollywood will come close). What would Brees be without Thomas, who is hiding a lot of Bree's declining accuracy? We will see what Watson is without Hopkins, but Hopkins similarly helped Watson look very good on some very difficult balls he had to go up and win. There is no way that after one of the single most impressive seasons in NFL history, Lamar should be any lower than #3 (I would argue #2, but whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    And clearly I’m not the only one who thinks this outside of Lamarland. Otherwise he wouldn’t be 6 on this list.
    The fact that other people are wrong is not exactly a strong supporting argument.

What's most striking is the fact that many of the people surveyed come from the exact same community who didn't think the 2019 MVP was worth a first-rd pick in 2018. The same group who valued Josh Allen over Lamar; maybe the same group who thought Lamar would be well served to work out at WR.

No: I'm not going to accept the results of this poll as truth delivered from on high.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’m sure you could make an argument why Lamar should be number 1 on any QB list. Sorry. I’m not a homer.
    You may think "automatically disqualifing the home-team players from any objective analysis" is something to brag about. I don't.

Blog Entries

is this like the power rankings?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yep, more opinions.

I saw the videos and they were fun, but... I really don't care. Lamar was unanimous MVP. Rankings are empty talk.

Seems to me based on what Fowler said that there's a gap in opinion between some NFL execs and others. Those execs who have him 10th or so are going to be embarrassed in a couple years.

I remember hearing Travis kelce breaking down lamar and our offense earlier this year (right after the super bowl I think) and basically just calling it a wing-t offense and not sure if it’s sustainable. Maaaan I wish I could find that interview.

If you make a list, analysis or ranking of players in the NFL that has Lamar outside the top 2 then something has gone wrong.

Maybe you lack imagination and can't concieve of success looking different than you're used to. Maybe you value yards too highly and efficiency and time of possession too low. Maybe you overvalue passing and undervalue rushing. Maybe you think playoff wins are a QB statistic. Maybe you're loyal to your bad pre draft take. Maybe you've inexplicably invented a higher injury risk for Lamar than any other QB. Whatever it is, you're doing something wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pretty much. Summer time is list season and these lists are always ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    If you make a list, analysis or ranking of players in the NFL that has Lamar outside the top 2 then something has gone wrong.

Maybe you lack imagination and can't concieve of success looking different than you're used to. Maybe you value yards too highly and efficiency and time of possession too low. Maybe you overvalue passing and undervalue rushing. Maybe you think playoff wins are a QB statistic. Maybe you're loyal to your bad pre draft take. Maybe you've inexplicably invented a higher injury risk for Lamar than any other QB. Whatever it is, you're doing something wrong.
    So a guy like Travis Kelce is wrong? I mean what could he possibly know about football? Clearly a bunch of fans on a hometown message board know waaay more than any NFL player or NFL exec.