Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bulletin Board Material

I guess I'll start out by saying that under LJ, this team has gotten far more respect in the national media than we ever did under Flacco. I get it, we're becoming one of the darlings of the NFL national media, and our coverage is mostly positive....but.

But.

I cannot adequately explain how much horsecrap this list is, and I cannot explain how excited I am that they made this, knowing the type of person Lamar is. They are going to see. Promise that.

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Hey, look, another one.

I'm sorry guys, I know Watson is impressive. He's being extremely overrated though.

I'm not buying that a bunch of GMs gave this guy a QB ranking list.

But if they did, it shows how many GMs are terrible at evaluating talent, even when they have a full year of NFL tape to watch.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Our GM doesn't have any doubts and that's the only thing that matters. As the Ravens like to say, everything else is just noise.

I mean I do get it somewhat. NFL history is littered with one year wonders. This time next year, you won't be seeing these things.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Our GM doesn't have any doubts and that's the only thing that matters. As the Ravens like to say, everything else is just noise.

I mean I do get it somewhat. NFL history is littered with one year wonders. This time next year, you won't be seeing these things.
    We thrive on disrespect in Baltimore. It's like one of the 4 basic food groups to this fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    We thrive on disrespect in Baltimore. It's like one of the 4 basic food groups to this fan base.
    Man, the Flacco years were always...fun, in that regard.

What’s wrong with the list? The only debatable one is Watson. Other than him the other top 4 are a lock in that order. So maybe ...you put Lamar at 5? Watson has something that LJ doesn’t ...a Playoff win. The other cats in the top 5 have Super Bowl wins.

No trophies for Second place guys. There also isn’t a parade for the Regular season winnner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    What’s wrong with the list? The only debatable one is Watson. Other than him the other top 4 are a lock in that order. So maybe – you put Lamar at 5?
    Lamar any lower than 2 is flat stupid.

Watson has something that LJ doesn’t – a Playoff win. The other cats in the top 5 have Super Bowl wins.
    So the fuck what?

• Joe Montana has 4 Super Bow wins. He's not better than Lamar now.
    • Mark Sanchez has four playoff wins. He has not been better than Lamar at any time.

Either accept that postseason wins are a team statistic, and sometimes a lesser QB has a better postseason record than a better QB; or explain to us in detail how Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Lamar any lower than 2 is flat stupid.

So the fuck what?

• Joe Montana has 4 Super Bow wins. He's not better than Lamar now.
    • Mark Sanchez has four playoff wins. He has not been better than Lamar at any time.

Either accept that postseason wins are a team statistic, and sometimes a lesser QB has a better postseason record than a better QB; or explain to us in detail how Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.
    I’ll simply say this Ann Arbor ....who “won” the regular season in 1997? 2007? 2017? Right ....who knows and who cares. It’s a team sport. The goal for EVERY player is the post season!!! Brady isn’t the GOAT w/o 6 rings. Period. Montana isn’t the GOAT without 4. Win or work harder. No one cares about your regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can anyone have doubts on a guy after he had a unanimous MVP season. You can have doubts if Lamar tried to do a 4 WR set with everyone running option routes like in New England, but to doubt him in general is just hating at this point. I'll paraphrase I believe Kurt Warner when he said after two super bowls that he wishes he was drafted because in the back fo GMs minds they still see an UDFA and think that his success has been a fluke. This quote and people doubting Lamar show that egos and stubborns are a killer for many GMs out there.

I’ll simply say this Ann Arbor – who “won” the regular season in 1997? 2007? 2017? Right – who knows and who cares. It’s a team sport. The goal for EVERY player is the post season!!! Brady isn’t the GOAT w/o 6 rings. Period. Montana isn’t the GOAT without 4. Win or work harder. No one cares about your regular season.
    But I thought you were about to explain how Deshaun Watson is a better QB than Lamar??

Is it the way he throws INTs twice as frequently as Lamar?
    The way he takes sacks 50% more frequently than Lamar does?
    The way his stats get inflated by throwing 50/50 balls to DeAndre Hopkins?

Is it the way he's got the same number of SB rings as Lamar?
    The same number of conf champship appearances as Lamar?

Is it the way he's less accurate on 3rd-down throws to the sticks than Lamar is? (65.6% vs 62.2%)

What is the aspect of playing QB that really showcases for us how Deshaun is better than Lamar?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    But I thought you were about to explain how Deshaun Watson is a better QB than Lamar??

Is it the way he throws INTs twice as frequently as Lamar?
    The way he takes sacks 50% more frequently than Lamar does?
    The way his stats get inflated by throwing 50/50 balls to DeAndre Hopkins?

Is it the way he's got the same number of SB rings as Lamar?
    The same number of conf champship appearances as Lamar?

Is it the way he's less accurate on 3rd-down throws to the sticks than Lamar is? (65.6% vs 62.2%)

What is the aspect of playing QB that really showcases for us how Deshaun is better than Lamar?
    One playoff win, apparently. BFD.