Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Some Clarification on Seats this Season

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Baltimore City + County have had 1200 deaths, approaching double the PG County total.

I view the team's proposed plan to expose 64,000 fans to death via COVID-19 exposure eight times to be nothing more than a PR stunt. (That's 8 games times 8,000 fans = 64,000, for those who do math).

Probability of Hogan signing off at >1%.
    It doesn't matter what the rates are where the venues are anyway since most of the fans come from other areas of the state anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Wowwww

What a strange year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

At least we have some entertaining Os games to hold us over. I'm actually glad I forgot to cancel my MLB subscription once the free trial was up cause there have been some great games this week.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    At least we have some entertaining Os games to hold us over. I'm actually glad I forgot to cancel my MLB subscription once the free trial was up cause there have been some great games this week.
    Definitely!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It doesn't matter what the rates are where the venues are anyway since most of the fans come from other areas of the state anyway.
    Or out of state entirely, which would be for me the bigger concern than people traveling in state to attend.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I believe the majority, or at least the plurality, of fans come from Baltimore County, which has the third highest infection rate in the State.

Regardless, even fans coming from less-infected Anne Arundel, Harford, Carroll, Pennsylvania, Eastern Shore, DC suburbs etc, still must navigate the druggies and panhandlers lining the sidewalks leading to the stadium.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Baltimore City + County have had 1200 deaths, approaching double the PG County total.

I view the team's proposed plan to expose 64,000 fans to death via COVID-19 exposure eight times to be nothing more than a PR stunt. (That's 8 games times 8,000 fans = 64,000, for those who do math).

Probability of Hogan signing off at >1%.
    Fixed that for you :

Probability of Hogan signing off is < 1%

Blog Entries

Welp, there it is.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Welp, there it is.

It's a bummer, but hardly unexpected. Would've been curious to see how 7,500 fans in the stands would've worked. That's barely 10% capacity. I'll bet those seats would sell like hotcakes (do popular things still sell like hotcakes?). I'd feel pretty safe sitting outdoors with less than 8,000 fans there. I guess the bathrooms would be a problem, though. As a non-drinker, I generally only make one or zero restroom visits during an average game, though, so that wouldn't be a big issue for me.

Will be interesting to see what the rest of the league ends up doing.

It's ridiculous that they are not coming up with a league-wide mandate on fan attendance at NFL games. You will have some teams with 15-25K fans at games and others like us with zero. Creates a system where some teams have a home field advantage and others do not. Not fair at all and gives big advantages to teams like Kansas City and Indianapolis that are planning on a good number of fans at their games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    It's ridiculous that they are not coming up with a league-wide mandate on fan attendance at NFL games. You will have some teams with 15-25K fans at games and others like us with zero. Creates a system where some teams have a home field advantage and others do not. Not fair at all and gives big advantages to teams like Kansas City and Indianapolis that are planning on a good number of fans at their games.
    Totally agree. It isn't fair and it's not a level playing field. Certain teams in the YOLO areas like Miami should not be able to host fans and enjoy whatever home field advantage the limited attendance can provide while others are essentially being punished because their local/state governments are taking COVID more seriously.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    It's a bummer, but hardly unexpected. Would've been curious to see how 7,500 fans in the stands would've worked. That's barely 10% capacity. I'll bet those seats would sell like hotcakes (do popular things still sell like hotcakes?). I'd feel pretty safe sitting outdoors with less than 8,000 fans there. I guess the bathrooms would be a problem, though. As a non-drinker, I generally only make one or zero restroom visits during an average game, though, so that wouldn't be a big issue for me.

Will be interesting to see what the rest of the league ends up doing.
    Yeah, not unexpected but still sucks. First time in 17 years I will not be in attendance for opening week. I think their plan was probably fine, logical, and would have kept people safe, but MD as a state and Baltimore City are just playing COVID extremely carefully at this point. There was no chance Hogan was signing off on allowing 7,500 fans per game.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, not unexpected but still sucks. First time in 17 years I will not be in attendance for opening week. I think their plan was probably fine, logical, and would have kept people safe, but MD as a state and Baltimore City are just playing COVID extremely carefully at this point. There was no chance Hogan was signing off on allowing 7,500 fans per game.
    I've never missed a home opener since they got here... It's going to be so strange with zero fans at M&T Bank Stadium. We all know how loud our place can get when the defense is rolling. Now opposing offenses will have no trouble calling audibles, hearing snap counts, etc.