Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Clarification on Seats this Season

In news that is likely relevant to the Ravens plans given the proximity and closeness with which MD/VA/DC have worked during COVID - Washington Football Team says no fans at FedEx this season. Cue the jokes about that being no different than any other year, but sadly probably going to be the same for the Ravens.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

just play the games in empty stadiums if that's what it takes. Just play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

By the way, I'm sure we all know FedEx is in Maryland and the press release states they made this decision with input from the State of Maryland. I would expect the same from the Ravens any day to be honest - don't see how one could and the other couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This is what should and likely will happen for most if not all teams.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Ravens have submitted plans to the state and city for 7,500 fans to attend games. I still think that it's a long shot, but not impossible, that would be roughly 53 people per section if they open the club level or 77 people per section if they close the club level.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...at-home-games/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Ravens have submitted plans to the state and city for 7,500 fans to attend games. I still think that it's a long shot, but not impossible, that would be roughly 53 people per section if they open the club level or 77 people per section if they close the club level.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...at-home-games/
    8000~ is around what I originally predicted the cap would be if they had fans IIRC. I just don't know. Washington isn't having fans, Philly isn't having fans. We're sandwiched between them but going to have fans? I truly hope that we can have fans, but I will be really surprised if Jack Young and Gov. Hogan allow it.

We are on a downward trend with the numbers locally, we'll see, I guess. You know hosting fans = visiting fans coming in from other places so...ya. We'll see. I won't hold my breath, I'll just be happy if they allow it.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 08-13-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    back on twitter

Seriously. I like that they're trying but it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    8000~ is around what I originally predicted the cap would be if they had fans IIRC. I just don't know. Washington isn't having fans, Philly isn't having fans. We're sandwiched between them but going to have fans? I truly hope that we can have fans, but I will be really surprised if Jack Young and Gov. Hogan allow it.
    I don't think we will have fans, but one reason that they may let the Ravens and not the Landover team is Landover is in PG county which has the highest positivity rate in the state. The counties surrounding Baltimore seem to be going back down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Seriously. I like that they're trying but it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

First preseason game was supposed to be tonight

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wowwww

What a strange year

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I don't think we will have fans, but one reason that they may let the Ravens and not the Landover team is Landover is in PG county which has the highest positivity rate in the state. The counties surrounding Baltimore seem to be going back down.
    Baltimore City + County have had 1200 deaths, approaching double the PG County total.

I view the team's proposed plan to expose 64,000 fans to death via COVID-19 exposure eight times to be nothing more than a PR stunt. (That's 8 games times 8,000 fans = 64,000, for those who do math).

Probability of Hogan signing off at >1%.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Shit, you're right. Man this is so weird.

Blog Entries

AEW the wrestling company is starting to allow vetted fans (vetted as in they know someone, not vetted as in they were tested for COVID) back to their shows at Daily's Place in Jax, which is an outdoor venue. It's not apples to apples but this is the first "sport" I've seen to allow fans back (here in USA at least) and this is how they did it.

Is one row of seats separating fans enough? Are ushers or security going to crack down on the yoyos that don't wear the masks right IE guy in the blue shirt with basically his entire mask down or guy in pink shirt with his nose out? Is security going to force fans to stay in their assigned locations? A lot of questions here.

In general, no way I would attend if the team plans to clump this many people together in one section.
    back on twitter