Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Clarification on Seats this Season

Good decision by the Ravens. I'm not so worried about me. But people around me may not be comfortable with me going. Just credit/refund PSL money for 2020 and we'll come back in 2021 hopefully when a vaccine has been found.

The NFL is once again fortunate that the other sports leagues will be playing games before camps start. They will know something about how it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I think it's going to be extremely difficult to GET TO the season, much less play it, with the way this virus is spread.

You're seeing UNC, Ohio State, etc. stopping their offseason programs after clusters. Ivy leagues already called it.

If we get into August, and all of a sudden 40-50 players league wide are positive, a handful have significant complications, you're going to have players being like "NOPE".

They're only still just TALKING about going back, and you're seeing stories almost on the daily of players expressing serious concerns about what that looks like.

We'll see.

I want to see Baltimore win the Superbowl as much as anybody, but put it in the realest terms possible, if player(s) have to die to get it done (which statistically, they will), that is rough.
    Yup. And it's not like things are seemingly getting better in the US, like they are in Europe. Argh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A Dallas school superintendent was interviewed recently and said he doesn't think HS football will take place in Texas this fall.
    Can you imagine no HS football in Texas?? I can't imagine no football on Sundays but with each passing week the future is looking more bleak.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    A Dallas school superintendent was interviewed recently and said he doesn't think HS football will take place in Texas this fall.
    Can you imagine no HS football in Texas?? I can't imagine no football on Sundays but with each passing week the future is looking more bleak.
    Just saw that - WOW! Doesn't get much bigger than High school football in Texas and their Friday Night Lights.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    My prediction is there won't be a season at all. How can they keep the fans away in the name of safety but have 50+ guys participate in a full contact sport every day of the week? Fans health worth more than players?
    That's a great question. I don't have the answer. I've been watching pro wrestling dealing with that same issue with mixed success. They're still having matches but there are wrestlers refusing to participate. How would that work with a NFL team?

The NHL says it's starting on August 1 so that should be a good test for the NFL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    No High School Football in Texas?!!!!!!

High School Football is LAW in Texas.

Blog Entries

Man, that’s a hell of a job sanitizing that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I don’t often agree with you but I would totally go and scream my head off with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's do it!

Blog Entries

The commissioner of the Big Ten just said this on Big Ten Network: "We may not have sports in the fall. We may not have a college football season."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I don’t often agree with you but I would totally go and scream my head off with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And that is why I have always enjoyed sports - and the NFL in particular. Differing views can still rally together for the shared interest.
    The drink is on me if we catch up.
    Captain Offense

I did read this morning that if the Bengals have fans there will be no tailgating. If the Ravens do this it really takes the fun out of it.