Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Some Clarification on Seats this Season

Just received an email from the Raves directed towards PSL owners. It said:

We thank you for the incredible patience and support you have shown our organization over the last four months, as we’ve all continued to adjust to the difficult effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on everyday life.

With much hope, we have been preparing for a 2020 season that will allow us the opportunity to play in front of fans at M&T Bank Stadium. However, if we are permitted under state and local government rules/regulations to have fans attend our games, it has become clear that a significantly reduced seating capacity is necessary.

Based on the social distancing guidelines and fan safety protocols developed by health experts, governmental officials and the NFL, we expect that the capacity – if fans are allowed – would be fewer than 14,000 seats per game.

Even if it is legally permissible to attend games this season, we also recognize that some PSL holders might feel uncomfortable doing so. For these reasons – and because of the unique circumstances currently surrounding each NFL community – we are taking the following actions that will impact all ticket purchasers in 2020:

• Final season ticket payments due on July 15 are no longer required. Remaining payment plan charges will not be made.
    • Season tickets for 2020 will be deferred to 2021.
    • All 2020 season ticket seat locations will be protected, and the same seats will be offered for renewal in 2021.
    • Credits for funds paid toward the 2020 season to date will be applied to accounts and can be used toward renewal for next season or toward future ticket purchases, or a refund can be requested.
    • Current 2020 single-game ticket sales will be discontinued, and refunds will be issued to fans who have already made purchases.

With over 62,000 season tickets already sold, there is no equitable way to accommodate in a limited stadium capacity all PSL Owners who are interested in maintaining season tickets for 2020.

Once an updated seating manifest is finalized, 2020 individual game ticket sales will resume, with PSL Owners receiving a priority opportunity to purchase in advance of any public sale. More single-game ticket information, including an on-sale date, will be made available at a later time.

If you have questions, a call can be requested from a Ravens’ ticket office representative by sending an email to ravens.ticketoffice@ravens.nfl.net or by calling (410) 261-RAVE (7283) and pressing option four (4) to leave a message. A member of our staff will call as soon as possible within normal business hours.

We truly appreciate your continued support and understanding amid these very unusual circumstances. While we are hopeful that fans will be able to attend Ravens games this season, we do not expect the uncertainty surrounding attendance at our games to end in the immediate future.

Though it is disappointing to send a message like this, particularly to our PSL Owners, we have an obligation to all fans and to our community to keep M&T Bank Stadium as safe as possible. We believe the steps we are taking will help us accomplish that goal.

Go Ravens!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

Re: Some Clarification on Seats this Season

Finally some actual information from the Ravens on this situation...thank you for posting this Fred. Should answer most to all of the questions in the other threads about this.

14K is higher than I thought...we will not be attending this season. Makes me sad because I'm not sure how many more seasons my dad (almost 70) has in him. Also makes me sad because I've gone to every game since 2003 and now that we finally have an exciting team with an MVP QB, we aren't going to be able to see it in person.

Alas, the public health situation is more important.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I just got the same e-mail. Hubby and I will try to go to a few games (hopefully Chiefs, Titans and Steelers). Otherwise, we'll host some home game tailgates at the house.

I got the same email as well. Debating whether to ask for a full refund or try to sell them. Perhaps limited supply causes prices to skyrocket for those who really want to go. I'm definitely not giving the ravens an interest free loan and allowing them to apply the funds I've already paid to next year's season tickets.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Credits for funds paid toward the 2020 season to date will be applied to accounts and can be used toward renewal for next season or toward future ticket purchases, or a refund can be requested.
    " refund can be requested" --- do it now! Have the Ravens seen the big wave of new coronavirus cases? Not in Maryland yet -- except the idiots running Federal agencies are now trying to order the staffs back into the buildings!!!!!

Prediction: every Ravens fan will enjoy the watching the team destroy its competition, again, through the 2020 regular season, from their sofas.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

My prediction is there won't be a season at all. How can they keep the fans away in the name of safety but have 50+ guys participate in a full contact sport every day of the week? Fans health worth more than players?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    My prediction is there won't be a season at all. How can they keep the fans away in the name of safety but have 50+ guys participate in a full contact sport every day of the week? Fans health worth more than players?
    There will be a season bet. Worse case a shortened one. It's easier to test 100 People then it is to manage 14k people in stadiums. You will probably see a similar protocol MLB will attempt to use. Players get tested every few days and isolate those who test positive. It's really going to be up to players and staff to stay isolated.

8. Re: Some Clarification on Seats this Season

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    I'm with you on this. As soon as you have one player test positive after a game, that means players from both teams were probably exposed and then it goes down hill from there.

I just don't see a safe and responsible way to make this season happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I got the same email as well. Debating whether to ask for a full refund or try to sell them. Perhaps limited supply causes prices to skyrocket for those who really want to go. I'm definitely not giving the ravens an interest free loan and allowing them to apply the funds I've already paid to next year's season tickets.
    I thought the same, that games like the Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, were going to go fast and be hard to find later, but then I said, are they really?

I'm not convinced they'll find 14k people who want to be around 14k other people right now, at least among the group of people that attends games. But, humanity has continued to surprise me during this pandemic, so maybe I am wrong.

The big thing is - I imagine Hogan would have to sign off on this and I'm not sure he will?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Not sure that selling is an option. If you are a PSL holder, you will not be getting ANY seats to sell. The Ravens will most likely use a lottery for PSL holders (like they have in the past for single game seats) to disperse tickets. Any left after that will go to the general public.

Thanks for posting this. Their plan makes sense, I'm not sure they could do it any other way.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Not sure that selling is an option. If you are a PSL holder, you will not be getting ANY seats to sell. The Ravens will most likely use a lottery for PSL holders (like they have in the past for single game seats) to disperse tickets. Any left after that will go to the general public.
    I think he is referring to buying the tickets in the PSL pre-sale they mentioned and then selling them afterwards. I assume you can do this, not sure how they would prevent it. Seems like a risk to me given we have no idea what the demand is going to be right now.
    back on twitter