Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Clarification on Seats this Season

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I did read this morning that if the Bengals have fans there will be no tailgating. If the Ravens do this it really takes the fun out of it.
    You can't eat and drink through a mask. The plus is that it's outside but is that enough to counteract no social distancing and no masks? I sure wouldn't be tailgating this year even if it was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You can't eat and drink through a mask.
    Can't argue with the eating part, but I think I could figure out how to snake a bendy straw around through the side of a mask...maybe seal it with some bandage tape?

Yeah...that might work.

Blog Entries

It goes without saying, I think anyway, but I saw from NFL PR guy that it has been confirmed any fans in attendance at any stadium this season will be required to wear a mask.

I also saw Baltimore is closing indoor dining/bars again, which while we are still a month and half out and the stadium is outdoors, doesn't seem like a great sign for Baltimore and/or Hogan allowing the Ravens to host fans (at least, 14K of them anyway).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I also saw Baltimore is closing indoor dining/bars again, which while we are still a month and half out and the stadium is outdoors, doesn't seem like a great sign for Baltimore and/or Hogan allowing the Ravens to host fans (at least, 14K of them anyway).
    It's obviously getting worse and worse. Now Marylanders travelling to some northern states must be quarantined due to how badly the numbers have reversed since the restrictions were reduced. I read somewhere that Philly had already announced no fans. Landover has made no fan seating announcements.

Brace yourselves for fan-less football, or even no games, period.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I did read this morning that if the Bengals have fans there will be no tailgating. If the Ravens do this it really takes the fun out of it.
    That is a disturbing thought. Watching the bengals require a lot of alcohol for the average home fan. Almost 30 years between playoff wins will do that to you. Now they are going to be even harder to watch with a rookie qB, a backup who has played five games, none well, in the nfl. Tailgating helped.

Blog Entries

It goes without saying, I think anyway, but I saw from NFL PR guy that it has been confirmed any fans in attendance at any stadium this season will be required to wear a mask.

Even if Hogan were to ok fans being in attendance, Young would also have to ok it. Unless numbers take a huge dive in the next month I don't think either will allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It's obviously getting worse and worse. Now Marylanders travelling to some northern states must be quarantined due to how badly the numbers have reversed since the restrictions were reduced. I read somewhere that Philly had already announced no fans. Landover has made no fan seating announcements.

Ny Giants/Jets also have announced no fans this season

Honestly I'd rather have no season than a fan-less one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Even if Hogan were to ok fans being in attendance, Young would also have to ok it. Unless numbers take a huge dive in the next month I don't think either will allow it.
    I agree with both of you.

I don't really see any reason to think that things are going to change in the next 1-2 months, so I think there is maybe a 25% chance at best we'll be able to attend anything this year...and that's probably generous.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Saw this on Twitter, seems like the NFL should be able to do the same, virtual fans to make it look like a full stadium -

https://twitter.com/frntofficesport/...76258763079683
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Saw this on Twitter, seems like the NFL should be able to do the same, virtual fans to make it look like a full stadium -

very realistic looking. I'm anxious to see how the MLB and NBA goes, hoping for success. I am not a big fan of either but I"ll watch, especially NBA

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    very realistic looking. I'm anxious to see how the MLB and NBA goes, hoping for success. I am not a big fan of either but I"ll watch, especially NBA
    Interesting times for sure RWT. Here's an article that touches on the psychology of playing sports with no fans. Apologies if this has been touched on already. No *Home Cooking* on the menu i guess.

Blog Entries

watching baseball its harder to get into the games because you dont see the fans, but with football you really dont see the fans that often except for when the teams are in the red zone and on special teams plays. So i don't think the NFL really needs to do this. Also the first 8-10 rows will be advertisements so they wouldnt put virtual fans over that.