Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Eagles' DeSean Jackson says he doesn't hate Jewish community after posting anti-Semitic messages

The NFL and the NBA are basically negro sports leagues.

Blacks can say and do anything. And the league will bend over backwards to accommodate them

Just as we saw in the NBA, how rules were ignored to accommodate the players, I would expect the same in the NFL.

just as the NBA turned into an elite spectator event, with limousine liberals buying up seats, and causing prices to skyrocket, I expect to see the same in the nfl.

The average fan will not be watching in person anymore. Out priced, and shamed into propaganda.

I will still watch the NFL this season, if I am home, and have nothing else planned. But this is nothing like 5-10 years ago, when I followed everything, and couldn’t wait for the next game.

And i am guessing that my views on the NFL will be similar to many. I am sure there will still be fans. And the NFL won’t care about losing core fans. But it will be different.

My predictions for the next few years. The league will find a way to get black owners. Either removing white owners. Or shaming them into selling

Blog Entries

Re: Eagles' DeSean Jackson says he doesn't hate Jewish community after posting anti-Semitic messages

DeSean Jackson apologizes for anti-Semitic post :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-semitic-post/

Eagles' DeSean Jackson says he doesn't hate Jewish community after posting anti-Semitic messages :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mitic-messages

LOL, now he apologizes. My Jewish friend, the smartest man I know, related this story : a boy went to his Rabbi and told him he had said nasty things to his friend. "How shall I apologize?", said the lad. The Rabbi thought a few minutes and replied, "My boy please bring your bed pillow to me." The confused lad did as the Rabbi asked, "Now what, Rabbi?" The Rabbi said go to the town square and tear it open. Let the feathers fly to the four winds then come back to me. The boy did as the Rabbi asked. "Now what, Rabbi?" asked the bewildered boy. The Rabbi replied, "Now go and gather up all the feathers." The now more baffled boy said, "But Rabbi nobody can gather up those feathers." The wise Rabbi said, "Just as spoken words cannot be recaptured as though they were unsaid."

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

Eagles' DeSean Jackson says he doesn't hate Jewish community after posting anti-Semitic messages :

LOL, now he apologizes. My Jewish friend, the smartest man I know, related this story : a boy went to his Rabbi and told him he had said nasty things to his friend. "How shall I apologize?", said the lad. The Rabbi thought a few minutes and replied, "My boy please bring your bed pillow to me." The confused lad did as the Rabbi asked, "Now what, Rabbi?" The Rabbi said go to the town square and tear it open. Let the feathers fly to the four winds then come back to me. The boy did as the Rabbi asked. "Now what, Rabbi?" asked the bewildered boy. The Rabbi replied, "Now go and gather up all the feathers." The now more baffled boy said, "But Rabbi nobody can gather up those feathers." The wise Rabbi said, "Just as spoken words cannot be recaptured as though they were unsaid."

... Bc
    Great analogy.

Blog Entries

Bomani Jones, how do the kids say, went in on DeSean Jackson. Well, he didn't go in on him, so much as just illustrate the many aspects of what was horribly wrong about what Jackson did.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 07-07-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Honestly, the only thing that will save Jackson on this one is how easy they went on Riley Cooper. I couldn't care less either way. I'm not dying on this fucked up hill. What he said was absolutely ridiculous and indefensible. Just because someone else said something ridiculous, doesn't mean everyone else should just get a free pass to say such hateful things.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

... Bc
    My niece had a. “Similar” anti- bullying lesson in school. Each kid was handed a foam bowl, a couple toothpicks and a travel tube of toothpaste.
    The first part of the assignment was to see who could get the most toothpaste out of the tube and into the bowl.
    The second part was to see who get out the most back in.

“You can’t put the shit back in the cow” is one of my favorite sayings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please explain to me why anyone cares about what other people think? I just don't get it. Yea, people can say some shitty things and be assholes, but being racist or an asshole technically isn't illegal. Yea I wish people weren't like that...but why do you care?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why anyone cares about what other people think? I just don't get it. Yea, people can say some shitty things and be assholes, but being racist or an asshole technically isn't illegal. Yea I wish people weren't like that...but why do you care?

I'll assume you're serious and answer you genuinely here.

So so so so many of the greatest tragedies in the history of the world: American Slavery, the Spanish Inquisition, Modern Day radical Islamic Terrorism, the Crusades, the Holocaust, the Irish Civil War, etc. have come from one identity group believing that another identity group is inferior or in many cases to be hated. It is a constant in history. Even on micro levels, it causes single individuals to treat other individuals with hatred. It affects entire countries and cultures on a macro level, just as it affects individuals on a micro level, and no identity group is truly immune to this. Simply put, people who spread these racist beliefs are downright dangerous, especially when they have a voice and a platform, as we've seen throughout history. DeSean Jackson is contributing to that hate and further making racism acceptable in our culture, as well as further entrenching us into identity politics. This is a guy with a voice, with followers and fans. People put his name on their backs. What he says matters. And what he's saying is dangerous, illegal or not.

We can brush it off as one of many messages of hate spread by people with platforms in this country, be them our President or an athlete, but this culture is weaponizing identity politics more and more and every drop contributes to that ocean.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post

So so so so many of the greatest tragedies in the history of the world: American Slavery, the Spanish Inquisition, Modern Day radical Islamic Terrorism, the Crusades, the Holocaust, the Irish Civil War, etc. have come from one identity group believing that another identity group is inferior or in many cases to be hated. It is a constant in history. Even on micro levels, it causes single individuals to treat other individuals with hatred. It affects entire countries and cultures on a macro level, just as it affects individuals on a micro level, and no identity group is truly immune to this. Simply put, people who spread these racist beliefs are downright dangerous, especially when they have a voice and a platform, as we've seen throughout history. DeSean Jackson is contributing to that hate and further making racism acceptable in our culture, as well as further entrenching us into identity politics. This is a guy with a voice, with followers and fans. People put his name on their backs. What he says matters. And what he's saying is dangerous, illegal or not.

We can brush it off as one of many messages of hate spread by people with platforms in this country, be them our President or an athlete, but this culture is weaponizing identity politics more and more and every drop contributes to that ocean.
    Excellent response.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I don’t get political often, least of all on RSR/social media, but if this were a white athlete about the African American community he’d have been cut before he even had time to remove the post. The double standard here is sickening.
    False...see Desean Jackson's teammate Riley Cooper
    See Bills QB Jake Fromm

Y'all just wanna be triggered lol

Not that what he said wasn't wrong. He should totally have to face the music for it. But no white players have really ever been cut for racist remarks.

I get all that. I really do. I honestly believe most people are inherently good, so when someone like this says something I don't view it as others seeing it as being OK and copying said acts, I view it as this person will lose followers and not be looked at in the same light. I think educating people more on history than relying on people with platforms would do more good. I dont pay attention to much politics, I don't know when people started viewing actors, athletes, and celebrities platforms as their go to info but I'm going to guess it's around the spark of social media.

I just can't understand the outrage when someone has shit opinions or beliefs, because I have my own, albeit they're not racist or anti semetic. I'm just not going to let people I've never met who don't know me affect my life

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart