Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Hearing What Black Voices Really Say About the Police

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yep.
    It's a common theme throughout history. The "intellectual" class driving these movements are always removed from the carnage they create.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont consider Bernie part of the extreme left.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9553606.html

From the article:

Maybe YOU should do a little light reading before you talk.
    Wow, just out of personal curiosity, where do you consider Bernie on the political spectrum? If I had a spectrum going from centrist to far left, it would probably be

Obama, Biden, Kamala (Centrist types).......Yang, Gabbard (Slightly left)......Bernie, AOC, Tlaib (Far Left). Of course, everyone in each group doesn't agree with each other perfectly, but they stand for mostly the same things.

I'm just saying that Bernie has wayyy more pull and represents leftist mindset way more than the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Well what me and other dems in here have said from the start is that black people don't want to defund police. The majority of black people thinks like Bernie and knows that makes no sense.

Like another poster said, you guys keep falling for the foolishness of the left media. Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and looking for talking points. Talk to a regular black person.

How is it poor logic? Bernie has been the most supported far-left candidate in decades. There's a reason he raised almost 40 million a quarter. I think it's safe to say he represents to a large degree how the far left thinks. Bernie BY FAR had the most support from black people under the age of 45
    I'll have to ask my kid what she thinks and where she thinks this defund thing is coming from. I have to do it in a sneaky way or she'll clam up on me. I don't watch any cable news so don't worry about me getting any ideas from CNN or MSNBC lol. I can't stand to be in the same room when CNN is on. All the cable news, including Fox, are trying to tell us what to think and manipulate our emotions. No thanks. I don't need any of them to think for me. You and Terp and DJ have been clear that you think it's a bad idea. Why is it still a thing? You tell me. It's happening so someone/something is driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I dont know what else to say? I clearly stated these cities are reviewing departments to see if money can be better spent. Are police and their fiscal practices above reproach? Cities are not shutting down police stations. That's the lie that Trump wants you to believe. They are diverting funds to force them to change their practices. How do you know that these hurt feelings cops aren't turning a blind eye to prove a point?

Please read this and then we can discuss.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...it-have-merit/

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Well that article was a waste of time. That guy is just a piss-poor scholar whatever his name was. My main point of contention is at the very first of the article he points to Camden as a prime example of when defunding the police worked. Later he claims that putting more officers on the streets does not stop crime. Before "defunding" their department Camden had 250 officers. They now have 400.

The rest of it's just as bad. Throwing money at the police won't fix them, but throwing money at the education system is a brilliant idea! San Francisco's mayor is going to work with "community groups" to re-prioritize funding. Great. Who voted for those assholes? What she's doing is completely unconstitutional. Of course Baltimore is giving tax money ONLY to black owned businesses which, surprise surprise, is most likely illegal as well.

My favorite part is taking police officers out of schools. What a glorious clusterfuck of stupidity that idea is.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

To be clear, I am not a democrat. I'm an independent. Just for clarity.

I can see where the 'Defund the police' is coming from, because I just read through a good portion of BLM's website and it is indeed on their website. Reading through their site, you can see that there's been a great deal of disinformation about BLM, going around. There's a lot of very good initiatives here. However, I think they leave a lot of questions unanswered about how serious crime will be dealt with, as well as how much they desire to defund the police. There are many points that I understand. The 'Defund the Police' aspect of it needs more work. I think they would have been better served attacking military funding, rather than the police.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

I can see where the 'Defund the police' is coming from, because I just read through a good portion of BLM's website and it is indeed on their website. Reading through their site, you can see that there's been a great deal of disinformation about BLM, going around. There's a lot of very good initiatives here. However, I think they leave a lot of questions unanswered about how serious crime will be dealt with, as well as how much they desire to defund the police. There are many points that I understand. The 'Defund the Police' aspect of it needs more work. I think they would have been better served attacking military funding, rather than the police.
    You've never struck me as that partisan. I think we might have a better country if we could figure out how to blow up the two party system domination in this country. It's driving it into the dirt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You've never struck me as that partisan. I think we might have a better country if we could figure out how to blow up the two party system domination in this country. It's driving it into the dirt.
    Here here!
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Well that settles that.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-liv...abolish-police

I love the pic with the story with a bunch of kids, many white making signs with markers and such.....

Yeah, a cardboard sign on a stick is going to keep troubled communities safe.

We should forcibly relocate all the people calling for this to some of the troubled neighborhoods where the police will be replaced for a period of 6 months and see if their tune changes. I'm guessing it would not take that long.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Hearing What Black Voices Really Say About the Police

It's a common theme throughout history. The "intellectual" class driving these movements are always removed from the carnage they create.

... Bc

Blog Entries

I've always felt that the advancement of technology has played a role in this. The more that communication is pooled into technology and away from face to face contact, the more unaccustomed people are to the adversities of conflict in social communication. From there, there is a greater disparity between those who just don't know what to say out of their mouths (We've all been there), and those who don't know how to take disagreement. People are more comfortable courting one another over social media or dating sites, than in person, for example. I think that some of the mass sensitivity training is definitely needed. There are drawbacks to it that may not always make us comfortable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Which of their ideas would you consider "very good initiatives". Would it be introducing communism? How about the fact they're built on a blatant lie that they continue to spread, "... justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism"? Destroying the nuclear family?

Their "initiatives" are nothing more than a violent, far left ideology cloaked in falsehoods and empty rhetoric. They care nothing for black people.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Which of their ideas would you consider "very good initiatives". Would it be introducing communism? How about the fact they're built on a blatant lie that they continue to spread, "... justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism"? Destroying the nuclear family?

Their "initiatives" are nothing more than a violent, far left ideology cloaked in falsehoods and empty rhetoric. They care nothing for black people.

Ahhhhh.. you're just anti-self-reflexive and unwilling to do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

You're also a non-queer‐affirming cisgender, unwilling to free youself from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking.

Why can't you disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement like the rest of us?

(ALL OF THIS LANGUAGE IS LIFTED DIRECTLY FROM THE BLM WEBSITE UNDER "WHAT WE BELIEVE")

Also, both founders of the movement identify themselves as "TRAINED MARXISTS"... (their words)