Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Hearing What Black Voices Really Say About the Police

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    So now are you going to join me as an anti-union libertarian? Is this a police issue or a union issue? Sounds a LOT more like a Union issue to me. Let's think of what other jobs have that kind of security:

Police
    Teachers
    Politicians
    Government Contractors
    Public Services

Right now, in the US, if a teacher sexually assaults a student with witnesses, they go on paid leave while things get sorted out... https://www.foxnews.com/us/dirty-doz...ure-and-unions

Glad to have you on board. We don't need to defund or even reduce a dime to police... we can just save that money by eradicating all unions.
    I would disagree on government contractors, at least as far as individual employees go. I've seen a lot of people suddenly let go because of a contract changing

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    So now are you going to join me as an anti-union libertarian? Is this a police issue or a union issue? Sounds a LOT more like a Union issue to me. Let's think of what other jobs have that kind of security:

Police
    Teachers
    Politicians
    Government Contractors
    Public Services

Right now, in the US, if a teacher sexually assaults a student with witnesses, they go on paid leave while things get sorted out... https://www.foxnews.com/us/dirty-doz...ure-and-unions

Glad to have you on board. We don't need to defund or even reduce a dime to police... we can just save that money by eradicating all unions.
    I would disagree on government contractors, at least as far as individual employees go. I've seen a lot of people suddenly let go because of a contract changing.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Well that article was a waste of time. That guy is just a piss-poor scholar whatever his name was. My main point of contention is at the very first of the article he points to Camden as a prime example of when defunding the police worked. Later he claims that putting more officers on the streets does not stop crime. Before "defunding" their department Camden had 250 officers. They now have 400.

The rest of it's just as bad. Throwing money at the police won't fix them, but throwing money at the education system is a brilliant idea! San Francisco's mayor is going to work with "community groups" to re-prioritize funding. Great. Who voted for those assholes? What she's doing is completely unconstitutional. Of course Baltimore is giving tax money ONLY to black owned businesses which, surprise surprise, is most likely illegal as well.

My favorite part is taking police officers out of schools. What a glorious clusterfuck of stupidity that idea is.
    So I did see an article about changing the culture that lets some of these bad cops skate, and they had a quote from the guy who was responsible for standing up the new department in Camden talking about how much easier it was to change the culture to be more accountable starting from scratch. That one was always about trying to stand up a new department rather than outright abolish it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So I did see an article about changing the culture that lets some of these bad cops skate, and they had a quote from the guy who was responsible for standing up the new department in Camden talking about how much easier it was to change the culture to be more accountable starting from scratch. That one was always about trying to stand up a new department rather than outright abolish it though.

Absolutely we have to change the culture in some of the departments. Camden was spectacularly corrupt, planting evidence, taking bribes, etc... They did abolish their police department, but the county took over policing duties so it wasn't getting rid of police.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Hearing What Black Voices Really Say About the Police

Absolutely we have to change the culture in some of the departments. Camden was spectacularly corrupt, planting evidence, taking bribes, etc... They did abolish their police department, but the county took over policing duties so it wasn't getting rid of police.
    Camden also really worked with DHS to build out their technology and monitoring capabilities. Practically every street has HD cameras on it. They use drone technology a lot. They use cellular and WiFi intercepts. They’ve even started using AI.

https://www.nj.com/camden/2020/02/ca...outputType=amp

They also have built out capabilities with an internal threat intelligence team that leverages data collected to provide tactical teams better information about criminal activity, neighborhoods, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Camden also really worked with DHS to build out their technology and monitoring capabilities. Practically every street has HD cameras on it. They use drone technology a lot. They use cellular and WiFi intercepts. They’ve even started using AI.

https://www.nj.com/camden/2020/02/ca...outputType=amp

They also have built out capabilities with an internal threat intelligence team that leverages data collected to provide tactical teams better information about criminal activity, neighborhoods, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instead of defunding the police, they rebuilt it from the ground up and provided officers with the tools to do their jobs safely.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Why is it you all can acknowledge that police departments can be "spectacularly corrupt", yet say that I'm arguing in bad faith when I say I don't believe police-reported numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Why is it you all can acknowledge that police departments can be "spectacularly corrupt", yet say that I'm arguing in bad faith when I say I don't believe police-reported numbers?
    Most of the numbers we've discussed were numbers created by the US Dept of Justice.

Most of the time frame covered for those numbers was from the US Dept of Justice under Obama, and Atty General Eric Holder.

Just so I understand what you're saying... are you suggesting Obama and Holder were cookin the books to keep violence against the black man from being discovered?

Is that your serious contention?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Most of the numbers we've discussed were numbers created by the US Dept of Justice.

Most of the time frame covered for those numbers was from the US Dept of Justice under Obama, and Atty General Eric Holder.

Just so I understand what you're saying... are you suggesting Obama and Holder were cookin the books to keep violence against the black man from being discovered?

Is that your serious contention?
    Again, why should I trust the DNC establishment?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Again, why should I trust the DNC establishment?
    Because you (being a racist) level criticism only at white people.

And Obama and Holder were not white people.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Because you (being a racist) level criticism only at white people.

And Obama and Holder were not white people.
    What?????? How many times have I railed on here about Obama and the establishment??

How many times have I said Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson sold out to the establishment??

My favorite candidates in this past go round were Yang, Bernie, and Gabbard....since when do I only give criticism to white people?

That is so false it hurts my head.

I would call people like Officer Tatum, Ben Carson, and Jesse Lee Peterson the idiots and sellouts he is on here, but I would get bashed over the head on here with stupid comments, so I usually refrain.

Yep. They were still being taken care of while the new department came up. And they're no longer the most likely place to get murdered in the US