Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 'Enough Is Enough': Atlanta Mayor Calls For Violence To End After Child Killed

Just let it happen and the democratic voting block will kill itself. Maybe the walls being built should just be built around these cities to keep their mess, their mess. Maybe Chaz/Chop had it right, had we left it up long enough(maybe a month or two) and the problem would have eliminated itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 'Enough Is Enough': Atlanta Mayor Calls For Violence To End After Child Killed

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. Some of the folks down here are not interested in civil discourse that involves exchange of ideas - they just want to advance their agenda.
    Yeah... I've seen people try to blunt this by saying, "Hey... were just trying to make a reasonable stance on this issue!". No. "You" are not. Does ddr and terps maybe feel that way? Sure... then go ahead and disavow BLM, and Progressives because that is NOT what they are saying. DeBlasio is doing it. Minneapolis is doing it. San Francisco is doing it. Chicago toyed with the idea but the Mayor is smart enough to know she'd be dragged out of office. Atlanta is looking to defund.

So Mayors of Liberal/progressive cities are DOING what you are saying you aren't trying to talk about. BLM is founded on "defunding the police". ANTIFA is pushing for "No more Police". Progressives in the Democrat party are openly stating, "No... were not trying to talk about this... we want them defunded... totally".

You want to talk to me about making some budget adjustments? Okay... we can. Unfortunately that is just a smokescreen for what is actually being implemented by people that matter on your side. So if you disagree with totally defunding the police, then start by stating, "I don't support BLM, AOC, DeBlasio, Mayors of our top 10 most liberal cities, Governors of CA, and IL, or the top progressives in the democrat party. But can we talk about a totally separate issue of maybe looking at their budgets?"

Even still, I'd argue that in most municipalities, policing is probably one of the MOST heavily scrutinized budgets on the docket. Police officers make less than teachers. Yet liberals LOVE calling teachers heroes. I'm not being critical of teachers, but they are not heroes by comparison... not even close. The things they are funded have usually been on a line item budget for 2-5 years with a pre-savings plan, where they need to set aside 20% of the total cost for 5 years before purchasing, and then the local government will still issue rules behind HOW they spend it. Name ANY service that local municipalities don't just take a pre-spending bond on? I'll wait... roads, social services, parks, schools, municipality buildings... ALL are budgeted with referendums/bonds.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Just let it happen and the democratic voting block will kill itself. Maybe the walls being built should just be built around these cities to keep their mess, their mess. Maybe Chaz/Chop had it right, had we left it up long enough(maybe a month or two) and the problem would have eliminated itself.
    I was surprised at the resolve shown by everyone in allowing the CHAZ colony to continue. And I was among those that hoped to see it continue for the educational value that it had.

And that in the end... it was the leftist mayor who originally encouraged the zone, that pulled the plug on it.

And only then it seemed... because they had the audacity to come to her house and protest her in a menacing fashion.

It really is a comedy version of "Lord of the Flies".

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Actual solutions include:

STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH RACE

Return manufacturing jobs to the United States. They used to be a stepping stone out of poverty. Now that stepping stone is gone.

Stop pretending that college is for everyone, or that it even offers a benefit to most people. It doesn't

Offer insanely beneficial tax incentives to any company choosing to manufacture exclusively in the United States.

Declare most american cities, and a lot of the rust belt and appalachia "revitalization zones"

Offer even MORE beneficial tax incentives to any company choosing to build a manufacturing facility in a revitalization zone.

Offer even further beneficial tax incentives to any company choosing to establish apprenticeship programs for all positions, including traditionally "professional" positions.

Eliminate the stranglehold that inept administrators have on public education. Offer HUGE financial incentives to private alternatives in urban areas. Allow parents to choose where children attend school.

Stop incentivizing illlegitimate births, irresponsible behaviors, and unwillingness to care for one's own life by paying people money for it.

Stop the criminalization of drugs.

For starters
    This is exactly correct. There is absolutely nothing in inner-cities anymore for working class people. It is just full of rich liberal lawyers and politically connected wasters buying up high rise buildings, and celebrating how rich they are, while they push up taxes that no small business can afford so they can have "prettier stop lights". As they completely destroy any upward mobility, they look on the poor with disdain and say, "Oh... thats awful! Let's build them a basketball court and maybe an after-school program!". When the reality is, if you just hadn't pushed taxes up and put a chokehold on their education through Unions and non-choice legislation, and bought up all of the real-estate that used to be jobs for these people, and increased taxes on small business, they could have afforded to be a family and have some goals.

Liberals are just a disease... and the ones that think they are smart are even worse because they are thoroughly convinced they are doing good... which is the most dangerous kind.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    It is ALL the politics of division.
    Thanks. This is true. It's probably the most harmful to society of all the forms of the politics of division. It's particularly harmful.

I've called it reverse-Willie Hortoning in the past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ya know Terps, that is a sad commentary. As a lad I believed our leaders thoughts were towards making our country a better place to live. As the years, decades went by, it became "How can I get re-elected? Which group do I have to pander to in order to get votes? If tearing down America will suit my purpose, then so be it. My platform is... LOL"

... Bc
    I started following presidential politics in the 7th (1976) grade as part of a history project. I stayed interested, only because it morphed into a study of human behavior. I've noticed that for whatever reason, there is no more civility when it comes to discussions across the aisle. I noticed the shift in the 1980 elections. People seemed like they got meaner and selfish.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wishful thinking on your part but it won't happen. Nothing organic ever happens in this country anymore. Everything is carefully planned, scripted and laid out to be eaten up by the masses. The democratic party has to be kept alive as a foil for the republican party. It's a guise to keep us under this two party paradigm that hasn't worked for the average American for decades. The loss of manufacturing jobs, destabilization of the dollar, dependence on foreign imports, endless wars and exploding debt has happened on the watch of both parties for the past 30 plus years.

I started following presidential politics in the 7th (1976) grade as part of a history project. I stayed interested, only because it morphed into a study of human behavior. I've noticed that for whatever reason, there is no more civility when it comes to discussions across the aisle. I noticed the shift in the 1980 elections. People seemed like they got meaner and selfish.
    People have been slowly and continuously indoctrinated in the idea that tribal differences (race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc) are the only things that bring us together...

And that what used to unite us all... as Americans... the ideas of liberty, self-determination, opportunity, the American Dream... are trash.

Blog Entries

I agree. I despise....DESPISE all of these politicians that refer to each other as gentleman or gentlewoman or, ugh...even worse...., "my friend".

Fuck that. Lol. It's so lame and passive aggressive.

I dont treat my friends like that and they don't treat me like that. Anyone who does isn't "your friend".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You are three years older than me and were way ahead of me in that regard. I sort of followed the elections as a little kid but at a very superficial level. My earliest memory was supporting McGovern as little kid ... because my Dad did, lol. I remember my one friend's Dad laughing at me over the McGovern support, like "you and your dad are losers.". I remember watching Nixon's resignation and my Dad was glued to the TV and telling me "shhhhh" this is history and I was like "So what he just quit..."..probably was playing with and Erector set at the time or something. I "supported" Carter too... because Dad did. I seem to remember getting scorn for that too from another neighbor. I remember watching some other big news stories around then, the Anwar Sadat assassination for instance, but I became fairly apolitical for about 10 years after Carter lost to Reagan, focusing on the sports and comic sections. I did not lock into a party until 92 when I looked at Bill and Hillary Clinton giving an interview on 60 minutes after the Superbowl and thinking, that guy is full of shit and the woman looks like trouble. I was right about both of them. That's when my partisan period started. The Clarence Thomas confirmation is when I think I started to think "Woaaaa" these Democrats are complete a**holes. Joe Biden is probably most responsible ironically for nudging me towards the GOP. I pegged him a cheesy, sleazy windbag immediately. The Clintons locked me in fully. I supported and campaigned for McCain in 2000, with my Democrat Dad but ended up despising him in his later years as a stubborn egomaniac. When Bush won the nomination I supported him because the Clinton stench, including the wooden goofy Al Gore needed to go. I Supported Obama over Mrs. Inevitable (Hillary) in 2008 and was so relieved that he knocked her out that he had nothing but my gratitude and I was very okay with him winning the presidency. I became disillusioned with Obama because partly because race relations seemed to get worse after he was elected. I felt like we were in a new era when he was elected so was disappointed to see how quickly lot's of valid political criticism resulted in the race card being thrown immediately. If not by Obama but by all his surrogates and the Democratic party in general. As if partisan politics hadn't been around for decades and it was all due to "racism" now..... Romney was such a dolt I did not get too upset when Obama beat him for a second term.

Looking back, with the exception of McCain, there has been a lot of supporting candidates simply because the alternative was much worse. Not because I was excited about the candidate. The same holds for this election. I enjoyed watching Trump battle with Hillary in 2016 and was as shocked as anyone when he beat her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You are three years older than me and were way ahead of me in that regard. I sort of followed the elections as a little kid but at a very superficial level. My earliest memory was supporting McGovern as little kid ... because my Dad did, lol. I remember my one friend's Dad laughing at me over the McGovern support, like "you and your dad are losers.". I remember watching Nixon's resignation and my Dad was glued to the TV and telling me "shhhhh" this is history and I was like "So what he just quit..."..probably was playing with and Erector set at the time or something. I "supported" Carter too... because Dad did. I seem to remember getting scorn for that too from another neighbor. I remember watching some other big news stories around then, the Anwar Sadat assassination for instance, but I became fairly apolitical for about 10 years after Carter lost to Reagan, focusing on the sports and comic sections. I did not lock into a party until 92 when I looked at Bill and Hillary Clinton giving an interview on 60 minutes after the Superbowl and thinking, that guy is full of shit and the woman looks like trouble. I was right about both of them. That's when my partisan period started. The Clarence Thomas confirmation is when I think I started to think "Woaaaa" these Democrats are complete a**holes. Joe Biden is probably most responsible ironically for nudging me towards the GOP. I pegged him a cheesy, sleazy windbag immediately. The Clintons locked me in fully. I supported and campaigned for McCain in 2000, with my Democrat Dad but ended up despising him in his later years as a stubborn egomaniac. When Bush won the nomination I supported him because the Clinton stench, including the wooden goofy Al Gore needed to go. I Supported Obama over Mrs. Inevitable (Hillary) in 2008 and was so relieved that he knocked her out that he had nothing but my gratitude and I was very okay with him winning the presidency. I became disillusioned with Obama because partly because race relations seemed to get worse after he was elected. I felt like we were in a new era when he was elected so was disappointed to see how quickly lot's of valid political criticism resulted in the race card being thrown immediately. If not by Obama but by all his surrogates and the Democratic party in general. As if partisan politics hadn't been around for decades and it was all due to "racism" now..... Romney was such a dolt I did not get too upset when Obama beat him for a second term.

Looking back, with the exception of McCain, there has been a lot of supporting candidates simply because the alternative was much worse. Not because I was excited about the candidate. The same holds for this election. I enjoyed watching Trump battle with Hillary in 2016 and was as shocked as anyone when he beat her.
    I supported Carter when he ran against Reagan in '80, but it resembled the Bataan Death March. We (Carter supporters) knew he was going to lose. You could feel it. I didn't like Reagan, mainly because I didn't think he was "presidential" enough. Smarmy, cheesy even. Ironically, GHWB seemed the part. Ex CIA, fighter pilot, etc. Initially, I liked the Bill Clinton, but I never liked Hillary. Harmless, since she's just the First Lady, right? I thought Dubya was an idiot and wasn't qualified and was horrified to see Dick Cheney exert so much influence. I supported Obama during his first term but became disillusioned at his inability to get things done.

I thought Dubya was an idiot ...
    I view him that way in hindsight. I thought he did well in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. That pitch he threw out in NYC with the entire country watching... sadly, that was his finest moment.

He and Clinton handed Obama a financial mess and Obama had to pardon the guilty.

I don't know how we end up with such uninspiring candidates in this country but we do.