Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

'Enough Is Enough': Atlanta Mayor Calls For Violence To End After Child Killed

Defund the Police -Mayor of Atlanta a few weeks ago

Stop killing each other! -Mayor of Atlanta yesterday

(if only they had remembered to put up the gun free zone signs)

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...r-child-killed

Blog Entries

Re: 'Enough Is Enough': Atlanta Mayor Calls For Violence To End After Child Killed

People in NYC are getting gunned down in broad daylight.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: 'Enough Is Enough': Atlanta Mayor Calls For Violence To End After Child Killed

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How could the mayor not have put up gun free zone signs?

Oh well... too late for second-guessing.

We better get that army of social-workers out on the streets to counsel people away from shooting each other before it's beyond recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    How could the mayor not have put up gun free zone signs?

Oh well... too late for second-guessing.

We better get that army of social-workers out on the streets to counsel people away from shooting each other before it's beyond recovery.
    Can you guys quit this? You guys are running too much with this. No one wants to get rid of the police. Some may want to take a look at their budget. What's wrong with that? Fiscal conservatives do that all the time. Should the military have a run away budget? Can it be looked at? Why should the police be any different.

If NYC police budget is 6 billion, they decide to take 1 billion away and give to schools..... Then what's the issue? They defunded 1 billion away from the police.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Question Re: 'Enough Is Enough': Atlanta Mayor Calls For Violence To End After Child Killed

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    wicked, I've noticed that you've got a feather up your bum about NYC. Have you checked Chicago or Baltimore crime rates? How are things in San Francisco and Seattle lately? Our great cities have become inundated by crime, but you seem to single out my home town... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Can you guys quit this? You guys are running too much with this. No one wants to get rid of the police. Some may want to take a look at their budget. What's wrong with that? Fiscal conservatives do that all the time. Should the military have a run away budget? Can it be looked at? Why should the police be any different.

If NYC police budget is 6 billion, they decide to take 1 billion away and give to schools..... Then what's the issue? They defunded 1 billion away from the police.

This. Some of the folks down here are not interested in civil discourse that involves exchange of ideas - they just want to advance their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Can you guys quit this? You guys are running too much with this. No one wants to get rid of the police.

Hmmm.

BLM leaders have called for ABOLISHING the police

And according to this article in Bloomburg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...und-the-police

City officials in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Austin, Hartford, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and Durham have called for the reducing police budgets significantly... many stating their intention to replace police with counselors and social workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. Some of the folks down here are not interested in civil discourse that involves exchange of ideas - they just want to advance their agenda.
    This is pretty rich coming from you.

Blog Entries

Hmmm.

BLM leaders have called for ABOLISHING the police

And according to this article in Bloomburg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...und-the-police

City officials in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Austin, Hartford, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and Durham have called for the reducing police budgets significantly... many stating their intention to replace police with counselors and social workers.
    Didn't Baltimore cut the police budget by like 22 million?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Didn't Baltimore cut the police budget by like 22 million?
    Yes.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...unding-latest/

Blog Entries

I grew up in the city. I'm out of solutions. I do know that if there are any, it has to start with the citizens. Hell I even proposed that me and some of my friends who own weapons to start a neighborhood patrol. Armed. That wouldn't have ended well, lol. I still care though.

I used to be able to reach them when I was younger. I don't know now. Some of these kids are way out there. They are hardened even before reaching puberty. Boys and girls. I remember this one young man I met at my cousins funeral in the late '90's. Really smart kid. We talked about chess and chemistry. Eventually he stopped calling. Never knew what happened to him.

Blog Entries

I can see it now, "STOP beating that woman or I'll go to court and get a restraining order! It's not your fault that you're engaged in criminal activities, it's the SYSTEM that has let you down. Let me give you therapy, as long as I'm on the other side of the bullet-proof glass, and we will get to the historical root-causes that made you steal, injure, and even kill your fellow citizens."

What's wrong with that? ... Bc