Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: It's okay to admit that you were wrong.

Five Ravens draft picks I was wrong about:

Arthur Brown
    Carl Davis
    Tandon Doss
    Ron Johnson
    Chris Redman

Three Ravens draft picks I was wrong about (reverse):

Marlon Humphrey
    Tony Pashos
    Tyrod Taylor

Five Ravens signings I was wrong about:

Lee Evans
    Dominique Foxworth
    Tony Jefferson
    Kevin Johnson
    Leon Searcy

Three Ravens signings I was wrong about (reverse):

Justin Forsett
    Jacoby Jones
    Mike Wallace
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 07-24-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I don't think that anyone should feel bad for Doss. The tape doesn't lie. Based on the tape from his time at Indiana, that was a good pick. However, that was an example of us not knowing the personalities of these players. Those personalities matter. None of us knew that he was going to have serious work ethic issues.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I thought Jeremy Maclin was going to at least be a solid player for us. Should have seen the writing on the wall that KC cut him loose. You'd hardly categorize him in with the other older WR we have signed over the years. He was entering his age 29 season with only one bad season (the most recent), where he had that groin injury. Otherwise he was a consistently good player for PHI/KC.

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I thought Jeremy Maclin was going to at least be a solid player for us. Should have seen the writing on the wall that KC cut him loose. You'd hardly categorize him in with the other older WR we have signed over the years. He was entering his age 29 season with only one bad season (the most recent), where he had that groin injury. Otherwise he was a consistently good player for PHI/KC.
    I was also pumped for Maclin

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I was also pumped for Maclin
    I legit forgot he ever was a Raven

I was partially wrong about Perriman.

It's not that I thought he was going to be some all pro WR. I thought he'd develop into a nice #2 WR as an X. I thought he had really good measurables and that the hands issue was overblown. I didn't see why everyone was so upset with the pick. Especially since that whole draft seems to be one of the less talented ones in recent memory.

Then he missed his rookie year with an injury. Whatever, it happens. Thought he had an OK, if unspectacular, sophomore season that he could build on. Still holding out hope that he could reach the ceiling I originally had him at. Then the bottom completely fell out in 2017....

I also liked the Art Brown pick. Thought he was a great pick to be that athletic sideline to sideline off ball linebacker.