Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 181 Pounds

Re: 181 Pounds

If Hollywood is really at 181 lbs these days that is a tremendous amount of growth over 157 last season. Adding 24 pounds on his frame that quickly is crazy. I do think that is probably his ideal NFL weight, but I'm a little worried he may have added too much too quickly. I was expecting him to be back around his college weight of 168 again this season, or maybe a few pounds heavier. Then, bulk to 180ish next season. Hopefully he doesn't lose too much speed or agility with such a quick weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Love it. Kids gonna be stocky and dare I say, elusive!
    Unless he is 5'2, 181 isn't stocky fam!

With a healed foot he might carry 180 just fine and be faster than last year. Can’t wait to see him taking the top off coverages. Him and Boykin, Andrews and company.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    Lamar was listed at 211 at Louisville, and then weighed in at 216 at the combine. So, I think he was very likely playing at about 215 his rookie year. Then, during camp last year he had reportedly added about 10 pounds of muscle over the previous off-season. So that would put him at about 225 last year; which seems about right based on his height & build last season. Personally, I think 225-230 would be his best weight range, because he didn't seem to lose any speed last season, and the extra weight helps him absorb hits better. Either way, whatever weight he was at last year, he certainly carried it well lol.
    He may have been listed as 211 at Louisville, but you and I both know that colleges often exaggerate player's height and weight. He was pretty darn thin at Louisville. In fact, that was one of my biggest concerns about him in the pro's. He had a very sleight frame.

I would say now he's probably between 215-220.

Dak Prescott and Patrick Mahomes are in that 225-230 range and they look a bit "thicker" to me than Lamar does.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Lamar was listed at 211 at Louisville, and then weighed in at 216 at the combine. So, I think he was very likely playing at about 215 his rookie year. Then, during camp last year he had reportedly added about 10 pounds of muscle over the previous off-season. So that would put him at about 225 last year; which seems about right based on his height & build last season. Personally, I think 225-230 would be his best weight range, because he didn't seem to lose any speed last season, and the extra weight helps him absorb hits better. Either way, whatever weight he was at last year, he certainly carried it well lol.
    The way he moves, that extra weight adds a lot of stress to the knees. I don't think he should play heavier than last year.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I don't think he should play heavier than last year.
    Lamar seems to agree with you. His coach Josh Harris was interviewed the other day – it's linked here in a thread – and he said that after his rookie year, Lamar wanted to put on some weight to match up with the guys tackling him. Then this offseason, Harris said that Lamar feels he's at a good size, so we won't see as much of a physical transformation this year. He's working more on "Tom Brady stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Unless he is 5'2, 181 isn't stocky fam!
    Stocky for him I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    That’s good but I hope it doesn’t slow him down. His game is speed don’t mess with it
    This is exactly what I wanted to see this offseason. Last year he was afraid to take a hit other then getting open we rarely got to see him use his speed and quickness

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    This is exactly what I wanted to see this offseason. Last year he was afraid to take a hit other then getting open we rarely got to see him use his speed and quickness
    I hope he continues to be "afraid to take a hit" for the rest of his career. He isn't built like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson. Taking unnecessary hit is stupid in the NFL. Get open, get as many yards as you can, get down or out of bounds, come back and do it next play. A few contested catches when it's called for is ok, but it would make no sense for him to take hits to gain an extra yard or two. That's what Mandrews, Boyle and Ricard are for. Play to your strengths. How many times can you recall seeing Jerry Rice run someone over of take a bone crushing hit?

If Hollywood is really at 181 lbs these days that is a tremendous amount of growth over 157 last season. Adding 24 pounds on his frame that quickly is crazy. I do think that is probably his ideal NFL weight, but I'm a little worried he may have added too much too quickly. I was expecting him to be back around his college weight of 168 again this season, or maybe a few pounds heavier. Then, bulk to 180ish next season. Hopefully he doesn't lose too much speed or agility with such a quick weight gain.
    He’s been posting workout videos daily, there’s no doubt in my mind his agility is keeping up with his weight. I think his jump this year will be insane 1000 yards could be very doable.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    I think his jump this year will be insane 1000 yards could be very doable.
    Thru the first 5 games last season, Marquise was averaging 7.8 targets with 4.2 catches for 65.2 yards. Then he missed games 6 & 7, and the Ravens seemed to keep him on a pitch count the rest of the way.

But if you take those first 5 games, multipled over a full season that comes to 125 targets with 67 catches for 1043 yards and 10 TDs.

I personally think Marquise will be more productive per-target than that. His foot limitations should be gone, and he's really worked on his strength & explosiveness. His chemistry with Lamar is off the charts. So I think he'll hit those numbers no problem, even if his target share goes down because we're spreading around more balls to Boykin & Duvernay et al. I expect ~1100 yards and 9 or 10 TDs.

Looks like it's a lot of legs and core weight to me. He looks really strong and thick in his core, hips, thighs etc.. That type of weight is going to make him stronger coming off the of scrimmage, breaking tackles, being precise and being explosive.

I think he's going to absolutely destroy the league this year.