Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 181 Pounds

Re: 181 Pounds

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    He’s been posting workout videos daily, there’s no doubt in my mind his agility is keeping up with his weight. I think his jump this year will be insane 1000 yards could be very doable.
    Oh, yeah. He really looks amazing in all of those videos he's been posting. I am expecting a huge year from him too. The large weight gain in such a short amount of time, while surprising, is really just a minor concern.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Lamar seems to agree with you. His coach Josh Harris was interviewed the other day – it's linked here in a thread – and he said that after his rookie year, Lamar wanted to put on some weight to match up with the guys tackling him. Then this offseason, Harris said that Lamar feels he's at a good size, so we won't see as much of a physical transformation this year. He's working more on "Tom Brady stuff".
    That definitely isn't his focus this season, but his coach did mention that he would likely continue to get bigger over time. If he was at 220-225 lbs last year, then at his age; with continued steady work in the weight room, and another year of growth into his grown man body, he could easily add another solid 5 lbs. Something like that would not concern me, regarding his knees, personally...though I can see why that would be a concern if he continued bulking so heavily like he did last season to a much larger size.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    Oh, yeah. He really looks amazing in all of those videos he's been posting. I am expecting a huge year from him too. The large weight gain in such a short amount of time, while surprising, is really just a minor concern.
    He may have never really hit the weight room much before. I jumped about 30 lbs from high school to college when I learned there was more to training than bench press hammer press squats and running hills three times a week like the shitty high school programs.

Small fast guys are notorious for sneaky out of the weight room

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    He may have never really hit the weight room much before. I jumped about 30 lbs from high school to college when I learned there was more to training than bench press hammer press squats and running hills three times a week like the shitty high school programs.

Small fast guys are notorious for sneaky out of the weight room
    This ^...........................Gaining 25 lbs over an offseason is really not that big of a deal if you're following a good strength training regimen for the first time. Add to that the exposure to nutritionists, performance enhancing supplements (legal ones) and world class, up to date training techniques and it's actually "expected" that you would make those kinds of gains if you were committed to your training. By and large, athletes that increase strength and muscle mass perform better than not. I wouldn't be concerned at all of any "negative" downside from his increased strength and size. Keep in mind also, I'm sure the Ravens are well aware of his training and are just as concerned about him maintaining his speed and explosiveness as we are. From all indications, Brown should be a "terror" for us this year. I'm really excited to see him play.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Brown should be a "terror" for us this year. I'm really excited to see him play.
    You know he mostly catches passes, right?

Bet he played well below his college weight last year, to reduce stress on his surgically repaired foot, also the reason he went down to avoid contact from defenders, We will see a different Hollywood this year

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You know he mostly catches passes, right?
    Huh ? Is there a point you're making here ? Being a receiver that catches and putting on 25 lbs of muscle to reach the "eye popping" weight of 181 aren't mutually exclusive athletic feats. You been in a gym before ? Or did my use of the word "terror" offend you ?

Quote Originally Posted by apple1088 View Post
    Hollywood posted an Instagram of him stepping on a scale and him weighing in at 181. Anyone know what he came in the league or played at last year?
    I met Ray Rice his rookie year when he was listed at 5'9" 220lbs.....he was every bit of 220lbs.

I met Hollywood last year, his listed weight was 170, there was no way he weighed more than 155 soaking wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    I met Ray Rice his rookie year when he was listed at 5'9" 220lbs.....he was every bit of 220lbs.

I met Hollywood last year, his listed weight was 170, there was no way he weighed more than 155 soaking wet.
    Listed weights are fudged all the time but I also believe he lost weight due to the foot injury preventing him from working out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Huh ? Is there a point you're making here ? Being a receiver that catches and putting on 25 lbs of muscle to reach the "eye popping" weight of 181 aren't mutually exclusive athletic feats. You been in a gym before ? Or did my use of the word "terror" offend you ?
    Ha.

No sorry: what honestly happened is I screwed up. I read your username "John Morris", and took it for "John Reglarperson": that user who's always talking about running QBs and getting more ball-carriers on the field etc etc etc. You said you were excited to see Marquise play; and I was all like why would John Reglarperson be excited for a receiver?

Answer: I was wrong who was posting.

Sorry for the confusion.