Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Did you have to pull the wake up super early to start the smoker maneuver too?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Kinda. Went and built a gun while smoking a pig with a friend who helped put the gun together

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Kinda. Went and built a gun while smoking a pig with a friend who helped put the gun together
    Nice. That sounds much more badass than smoking a pork shoulder and playing final fantasy vii until the kids woke up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Still no federal strategy to add to the timeline.

According to Trump, his strategy is working. I just don’t know IF anyone else actually knows what that strategy is.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Still no federal strategy to add to the timeline.

According to Trump, his strategy is working. I just don’t know IF anyone else actually knows what that strategy is.
    His strategy appeared to be...

Curtail Foreign Air Travel (while the left screamed XENOPHOBE at the top of their lungs)

Provide ventilators, masks and equipment as quickly as possible (while leftist state government stored them in warehouses while claiming they didn't have enough).

Allow the states to formulate a regionally specific plan instead of pretending that a central authority was better suited to the task.

Providing extended and greatly enhanced unemployment benefits and direct payments to individuals to make sure people don't go without.

And clearing as many regulatory hurdles as possible pursuant to the development of vaccines and therapies.

Now I know it's fashionable to politicize every single nuance of every little thing every single day.. but for Christ's sake....

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    His strategy appeared to be...

Curtail Foreign Air Travel (while the left screamed XENOPHOBE at the top of their lungs)

Provide ventilators, masks and equipment as quickly as possible (while leftist state government stored them in warehouses while claiming they didn't have enough).

Allow the states to formulate a regionally specific plan instead of pretending that a central authority was better suited to the task.

Providing extended and greatly enhanced unemployment benefits and direct payments to individuals to make sure people don't go without.

And clearing as many regulatory hurdles as possible pursuant to the development of vaccines and therapies.

Now I know it's fashionable to politicize every single nuance of every little thing every single day.. but for Christ's sake....
    Strategy appears to be:
    Governors were mostly left to do everything themselves. There has been little federal intervention. This strategy appears to not be working.... as the virus cases are surging in many states.

Alternative strategy:
    Herd immunity. Strategy appears working; although lots of death as a result.

Your points:
    State governors were made to procure their own equipment and competed for available stocks. This lead to increase in prices and an illogical concentration of resources where they weren’t needed. Trump tweeted about it (yes I get his tweets) and this was in response to a post by NYState announcement that they were bringing their final ventilators online. NYState had been asking for more equipment at that time.
    (Ventilators have since proven to be less effective than other treatments).

He did mostly leave states alone BUT campaigned for them to reopen their economies, before they had restricted the virus. States are now closing things again. Delegating things to the states and then campaigning against their solutions, isn’t a good strategy.

Closing the borders was a good thing and I think those against that should be held accountable. DNC gets thing wrong all the time. Same as the GOP. No one is perfect. IF they were perfect, no one would vote for them, so why bother being perfect. Be as partisan and divisive as possible, to get media coverage and thus support/money.

I miss the old days. Too much dog whistling and virtue signalling now. Moderates of the GOP and DNC used to work together for the GOOD of the country. Sadly, both sides demonise each other now. Snowflakes melting over nothing, everywhere. Angry people doing stupid stuff in the name of a convicted criminal.... racism becoming mainstream. Violence normalised. Distrust in government, institutionalised.

Much Preferred Bush or Cruz, although McCain would have been fantastic. I think they would all have done a better job in this crisis.

I miss the old days. Too much dog whistling and virtue signalling now. Moderates of the GOP and DNC used to work together for the GOOD of the country. Sadly, both sides demonise each other now. Snowflakes melting over nothing, everywhere. Angry people doing stupid stuff in the name of a convicted criminal.... racism becoming mainstream. Violence normalised. Distrust in government, institutionalised.
    Now this is something we could come together over...

Now all we have to do is find a way to agree over who could get us back from there.

Would have been Ok with Cruz. Would have been Ok with Rand Paul...

My list doesn't go much deeper than that

Blog Entries

Now all we have to do is find a way to agree over who could get us back from there.

Maybe and I mean maybe Mike Lee.

Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

Cruz might be able to heal the divide. Not sure he can anymore. His recent positions have meant that I won’t give him any more money.

Rand Paul won’t ever heal the divide. He has some good points but isn’t a healer.

I think McCain can bridge the divide. He was super unlucky the year he won the nomination. Any other year, I think he would have won.

Cruz might be able to heal the divide. Not sure he can anymore. His recent positions have meant that I won’t give him any more money.

Rand Paul won’t ever heal the divide. He has some good points but isn’t a healer.

I think McCain can bridge the divide. He was super unlucky the year he won the nomination. Any other year, I think he would have won.
    McCain was honestly horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe and I mean maybe Mike Lee.
    I generally agree with Mike Lee.. but every now and again he takes a position that makes me think people have compromising pictures.

McCain was honestly horrifying.
    To the Left thought McCain was horrifying too! You should have heard the abuse.

It’s hard to find someone who isn’t horrifying to at least some if not all the electorate.

I generally agree with Mike Lee.. but every now and again he takes a position that makes me think people have compromising pictures.
    Uh huh.
    I always wondered IF the pictures were so bad that he had to say that.