Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    On the mask thing, your point with Fauci did specifically note that he said they weren't needed because the disease isn't wide spread. Could that perhaps be why they started recommending masks as it became widespread?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Fauci in an interview two weeks ago, admitted to intentionally misleading the public regarding masks.

He said he told the public they weren't helpful in order to prevent shortages for medical personnel.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...e-start-2020-6

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I recall my cousin, who hangs on every word Trump says, stating Trump said if you're sick we can go back to the office and will get better. There are so many dumb people who believe every word he says, family included....
    Can you produce a quote or video of him saying that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Fauci in an interview two weeks ago, admitted to intentionally misleading the public regarding masks.

He said he told the public they weren't helpful in order to prevent shortages for medical personnel.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...e-start-2020-6
    Interesting. Missed that. To be fair, I also missed them saying masks don't work. Thought it was always about saving them for medical personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Interesting. Missed that. To be fair, I also missed them saying masks don't work. Thought it was always about saving them for medical personnel.

Yeah... there was a period of time when just about every US health "expert" was scoffing at masks and saying they don't work, while at the same time scolding us for buying them all and creating shortages for health workers. Don't know if you recall that, or thinking it was peculiar... but obviously those two positions aren't rationally reconcilable.

And it calls into question why a health "expert" would intentionally give the American Public bad advice, when he could simply say that mask are helpful, but please make your own for a bit, so we can save them for health workers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    It’s a new Virus.

No one knows the exact right way to combat the virus, until they see the results of theirs and others actions. Lots of people got this wrong. Lots of experts, pretty much everyone. No one is covering themselves in glory here. There is lots of putrid garbage to go around.

The President is there to lead. An opposition spokesperson/leader/media is there to point score (they all do it, both sides, bipartisan divisive nonsense!)

How has Trump led? It’s his role to lead, it’s what people voted for. Has there been press briefings continuously about the Presidents strategy and how the strategy is working?

Actually, what is the strategy?

I don’t know, do you?

Meanwhile 120,000+ have died. I still don’t actually know what the strategy is.... is it:

A) It will disappear in the warmer weather.
    B) Reopen our economy.
    C) Blame China, Protestors, Democrats, Fake News, Anyone but Trump.
    D) Make sure no one wants to go to the poles and vote, due to the pandemic being too severe.
    E) All of the above
    F) Something you could suggest.

I am really hoping it’s F. Tell me it’s F and tell me what the strategy is.
    I’m not a medical expert and therefore I have no idea what the “right” solution is.

Based on what I know...

If I were calling the shots, I would encourage all businesses that are able to do so to make arrangements for long term remote working plans. Offices shouldn’t be the primary work location anymore and frankly, most businesses should be open to this anyway because it saves them $$$ for property and overhead costs.

I would encourage states to mandate masks in public where appropriate (ie, grocery stores).

I would encourage restaurants and bars to get creative with outdoor seating. I would also encourage towns and communities to have scheduled “dine in the street” opportunities for eateries where they partition off areas of town and allow restaurants to set up seating out in the street. Frederick (where I live) has been doing this every Friday and Saturday evening from 4-9 and it’s been really great.

I would encourage states to make liquor licenses a bit more relaxed since most places are going to have to have people eating/drinking outdoors.

I would encourage states to create law enforcement task forces for checking bars and restaurant accountability for occupation. Fines would be severe.

I would mandate that nursing homes and other vulnerable communities increase testing and quarantine capabilities and practices.

For people working remotely, I would offer tax breaks for internet costs and make it easier to write off a portion of your mortgage.

Again...I’m not an expert. Those are just some things I’d be looking into doing. However, the Federal government can only do so much. States need to get a grip on a lot of this and do what’s right for them.

Bottom line - Trump can only heed the advice of his experts, which by and large, he has done (Fauci even said as much back in April). If the expert’s advice is incorrect or proves to be ineffective, then what is the guy supposed to do? Change course and figure something else out.

I’ve said it before, but I don’t think there are any good solutions here that are going to make everyone happy. Not an easy situation.

Blog Entries

Yeah... there was a period of time when just about every US health "expert" was scoffing at masks and saying they don't work, while at the same time scolding us for buying them all and creating shortages for health workers. Don't know if you recall that, or thinking it was peculiar... but obviously those two positions aren't rationally reconcilable.

And it calls into question why a health "expert" would intentionally give the American Public bad advice, when he could simply say that mask are helpful, but please make your own for a bit, so we can save them for health workers.
    Probably because during a global pandemic healthcare workers are arguably the most important people to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Probably because during a global pandemic healthcare workers are arguably the most important people to protect.

Yeah... I agree. But the second paragraph was the important part.

Why not just say "yes.. masks help.. but we need to save them for Health Professionals... but we're Americans.. let's get out our sewing machines and show 'em how it's done"....

Could potentially have changed the early course of the epidemic for the better rather than the worst.

Blog Entries

Yeah... I agree. But the second paragraph was the important part.

Why not just say "yes.. masks help.. but we need to save them for Health Professionals... but we're Americans.. let's get out our sewing machines and show 'em how it's done"....

Could potentially have changed the early course of the epidemic for the better rather than the worst.
    Sure, but if he says that, everyone and their mother are out there buying up all of the masks and creating a shortage much earlier into this whole thing.

I agree that this looks like he was covering shit up and transparency would have been better. He’s not a politician though...he probably didn’t even consider how that would look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you produce a quote or video of him saying that?

phone interview with Hannity around 3/5...transcript:

Mr. Trump went on to say that in many cases, "They'll get better very rapidly, they don't even see a doctor, they don't even call a doctor."

"So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better," he said.

Bottom line - Trump can only heed the advice of his experts, which by and large, he has done (Fauci even said as much back in April). If the expert’s advice is incorrect or proves to be ineffective, then what is the guy supposed to do? Change course and figure something else out.

Heeding advice is not holding a rally where there is no social distancing and people are not required to wear masks. Heeding advice is not shooting firewoks off and again, no social distancing or mask wearing required. Heeding advice is not moving the convention to Florida to avoid mask wearing and social distancing because NC would not allow as many people as he wanted in. How is this possibly "heeding" advice?

Blog Entries

Heeding advice is not holding a rally where there is no social distancing and people are not required to wear masks. Heeding advice is not shooting firewoks off and again, no social distancing or mask wearing required. Heeding advice is not moving the convention to Florida to avoid mask wearing and social distancing because NC would not allow as many people as he wanted in. How is this possibly "heeding" advice?
    So, you don’t want him to campaign at all? I mean, I guess that would make sense if you want a Biden presidency.

Blog Entries

phone interview with Hannity around 3/5...transcript:

Mr. Trump went on to say that in many cases, "They'll get better very rapidly, they don't even see a doctor, they don't even call a doctor."

"So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better," he said.
    That’s a far cry from what you initially stated.

I also think you’re interpreting that how you want to interpret it to fit your narrative.

I see it as him in a “Trump” way (ie, not scientific and somewhat confusing) just basically saying that there are going to be a lot of people that test positive for COVID that will show little or no signs of being sick. They won’t be impacted at all. So, if they’re not laid up in the hospital and quarantine for the necessary time period, why shouldn’t those people go back to work if they need/want to work?

Trump is not a good public speaker or interviewee. That doesn’t mean that he’s dumb or his intentions are malicious.