Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

Jan 15, 2020 While the first American with coronavirus returned from China, House Democrats were ceremoniously carrying their articles of impeachment against Trump to the Senate. (The president was acquitted on each article of impeachment.) That same day, Pelosi told CNN’s Jake Tapper: “As the president fiddles, people are dying,”

Jan 24, 2020 Jan. 24, The Trump administration held a briefing and strategy session on the virus for senators, but it was sparsely attended. Asked why, DNC spokesman stated it was because it "was held the same day as a deadline for senators to submit their impeachment questions."

Jan 25, 2020 Dr. A.Fauci said, "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States."

Jan. 27, 2020 the Biden campaign praised China for being "transparent" and "candid" and said there was "no reason" for anyone to postpone essential travel to anywhere but the Wuhan area.

Jan 30, 2020 -- The online news outlet Vox confidently declared that “The evidence on travel bans for diseases like coronavirus is clear: They don’t work.” The article originally referred to the “Wuhan coronavirus” in its headline, before left-wing journalists and Democrats argued that terminology was racist, and the article was re-titled.

Jan 31, 2020 --President Trump announces plan to restrict travel from China. Within hours top Democrats and media figures derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic —

Jan 31, 2020 The online news outlet Vox tweeted “Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No. Stop the travel ban.” On Mar. 24, Vox deleted that tweet without comment

Jan 31, 2020 an article in The New York Times quoted epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm as saying that Trump’s decision to restrict travel from China was “more of an emotional or political reaction.”

Jan 31, 2020 Online news source The Verge cautioned that Trump’s policies “contradict advice from the World Health Organization (WHO), which said yesterday that countries should not restrict travel or trade in their response to the new virus.”

Feb 1, 2020 --Joe Biden voices his opposition, attacking what he called Trump’s “record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering” after the announcement of restrictions.

Feb 1, 2020 --The Washington Post ran a story quoting a Chinese official asking for “empathy” and slamming the White House for acting “in disregard of WHO [World Health Organization] recommendation against travel restrictions.”

Feb 1, 2020 BuzzFeed News asserted that “barring foreign travelers from China, along with making U.S. citizens self-quarantine at home … likely violated civil rights laws, without leading to any real lowered risk of a U.S. outbreak,” citing “global health law expert” Lawrence Gostin of Georgetown University.

Feb 1, 2020 STAT, a health and medicine news site, reported that the travel ban was "xenophobic and that the move could do more harm than good.”

Feb 1, 2020 The Atlantic cites critics from the World Health Organization “and elsewhere” who say the travel bans “are unnecessary and could generate a racist backlash against Chinese people. One Chinese foreign official asked of the U.S.: ‘Where is the empathy?’

Feb 5, 2020 L.A. Times Headline "How to prevent Coronavirus: Wash Your Hands, Ditch the Mask"

Feb 7, 2020 CNN Headline "China accuses US of overreacting to coronavirus outbreak"

Feb 11, 2020 CNN Headline "WHO says Wuhan coronavirus outbreak is not a pandemic"

Feb 13, 2020 University of Colorado Health System "To stay safe from COVID19, Wash Hands, Skip Mask"

Feb 20, 2020 Business Insider " If you're wondering whether you need a medical face mask to protect you from the new coronavirus, you probably don't. "

Feb 29, 2020 - US Surgeon General "Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing coronavirus"

Mar 4, 2020 Dr. Fauci told a Senate committee that the general public didn’t need to wear masks because Covid-19 wasn’t widespread enough.

Mar 8, 2020 Dr, Fauci told 60 Minutes in an interview: "There's no reason to be walking around with a mask on".

March 31, 2020 --CNN Headline: "WHO stands by recommendation to not wear masks if you are not sick or not caring for someone who is sick" The article goes on to tell the public: "There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite."

Apr 3, 2020 President Trump said at his daily White House briefing that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that Americans use basic “nonmedical, cloth” masks in an attempt to preserve N95 masks for health professionals.

Apr 4, 2020 Biden’s deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield told CNN Friday that the former vice president “supports travel bans that are guided by medical experts, advocated by public health officials and backed by a full strategy.” -“Science supported this ban, therefore he did too,” she told the outlet.

Re: Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

Just read this. A timeline of Trump's failed responses. Everything is correct. Uses Trump's own tweets as proof.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/8/2124200...virus-response

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Just read this. A timeline of Trump's failed responses. Everything is correct. Uses Trump's own tweets as proof.

An article in Vox pertaining to Trump failures?

That’s surprising. Never would have thought they’d print something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    An article in Vox pertaining to Trump failures?

That’s surprising. Never would have thought they’d print something like that.

If the OP is going to throw out Biden's failures - well - he is not president. Trump is the man in charge and needs to take full responsibility for misleading, dangerous statements like its safe to go back to work. Do you think its safe to go back to an office? I doubt it. Proof in point. Biden is not president during this crisis - it all falls on Trump.
    Last edited by 2bynight; 07-04-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Coronavirus Hypocrisy Timeline (part 1)

If the OP is going to throw out Biden's failures - well - he is not president. Trump is the man in charge and needs to take full responsibility for misleading, dangerous statements like its safe to go back to work. Do you think its safe to go back to an office? I doubt it. Proof in point. Biden is not president during this crises - it all falls on Trump.
    I don’t think he is throwing out Biden’s failures, but rather how jacked up this whole thing was. No one knew what to do and everyone took the opportunity to politicize this whole thing by second guessing everything that was done in an effort to try and slow this thing down.

This was a no-win situation for Trump. He’s not a damn scientist. Not even close. The “experts” he was relying on (CDC, NIH, WHO) were telling him all sorts of things that were WRONG. Not just a hair off or so...flat out wrong.

Also - when did Trump say it was safe to go back to offices? I don’t recall him saying that. I just recall him pushing for Americans to get back to work so we can try and salvage the rest of this fiscal year as best as possible.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Are you expecting me to rush in and say that Trump doesn't say dumb things?

If so, you'll be disappointed.

I guess the difference being, I really don't see a whole lot of honest admission from Trump's critics.

They'd been telling us for years that we shouldn't even have borders. Then they say that shutting down travel across those borders was xenophobic. Then they say that Trump didn't close the borders fast enough.

First they say that masks are idiotic, and that we should feel perfectly comfortable flying on airplanes or interacting without masks. Then Trump chooses not to wear a mask. Then they say that masks are critical, and that Trump should wear a mask.

Same old political shit....

If the OP is going to throw out Biden's failures - well - he is not president. Trump is the man in charge and needs to take full responsibility for misleading, dangerous statements like its safe to go back to work. Do you think its safe to go back to an office? I doubt it. Proof in point. Biden is not president during this crisis - it all falls on Trump.
    Biden?

I think he got mentioned a few times.

Most of these critiques are of your "experts" and their duplicity of opinion... WHO... Fauci.. CDC... The Surgeon General...

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Biden?

I think he got mentioned a few times.

Most of these critiques are of your "experts" and their duplicity of opinion... WHO... Fauci.. CDC... The Surgeon General...
    I think no one knew anything about how this virus would behave. For the record, I did not believe the experts and wore a mask when visiting buildings weeks before they stated we should all wear masks. I think they thought the mask supplies were running very low and needed by healthcare workers above the general public. Everyone is learning new things about this virus as time goes on. I was certainly hoping it would disappear in hot weather like the seasonal flu. Obviously it seems to have gotten worse, not better. That said, there is much that was learned in the last few months that should apply going forward.

I don’t think he is throwing out Biden’s failures, but rather how jacked up this whole thing was. No one knew what to do and everyone took the opportunity to politicize this whole thing by second guessing everything that was done in an effort to try and slow this thing down.

This was a no-win situation for Trump. He’s not a damn scientist. Not even close. The “experts” he was relying on (CDC, NIH, WHO) were telling him all sorts of things that were WRONG. Not just a hair off or so...flat out wrong.

Also - when did Trump say it was safe to go back to offices? I don’t recall him saying that. I just recall him pushing for Americans to get back to work so we can try and salvage the rest of this fiscal year as best as possible.

I recall my cousin, who hangs on every word Trump says, stating Trump said if you're sick we can go back to the office and will get better. There are so many dumb people who believe every word he says, family included....

I think no one knew anything about how this virus would behave.
    And so for this reason, it was necessary to play some ridiculous brand of GOTCHA on the public stage, rather than cooperate for the good of the country.

To attempt to ridicule every word, rather than find common purpose.

To embrace the 100% polar opposite of every single thing Trump says, no matter how dangerous that may be for the country.

That is what has happened since day one...

And that is why you will suffer the same defeat at the polls in 2020 that you suffered in 2016.

Not because anyone thinks that Trump is awesome... but because they find you insufferable...

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Are you expecting me to rush in and say that Trump doesn't say dumb things?

If so, you'll be disappointed.

I guess the difference being, I really don't see a whole lot of honest admission from Trump's critics.

They'd been telling us for years that we shouldn't even have borders. Then they say that shutting down travel across those borders was xenophobic. Then they say that Trump didn't close the borders fast enough.

First they say that masks are idiotic, and that we should feel perfectly comfortable flying on airplanes or interacting without masks. Then Trump chooses not to wear a mask. Then they say that masks are critical, and that Trump should wear a mask.

Same old political shit....
    On the mask thing, your point with Fauci did specifically note that he said they weren't needed because the disease isn't wide spread. Could that perhaps be why they started recommending masks as it became widespread?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

It’s a new Virus.

No one knows the exact right way to combat the virus, until they see the results of theirs and others actions. Lots of people got this wrong. Lots of experts, pretty much everyone. No one is covering themselves in glory here. There is lots of putrid garbage to go around.

The President is there to lead. An opposition spokesperson/leader/media is there to point score (they all do it, both sides, bipartisan divisive nonsense!)

How has Trump led? It’s his role to lead, it’s what people voted for. Has there been press briefings continuously about the Presidents strategy and how the strategy is working?

Actually, what is the strategy?

I don’t know, do you?

Meanwhile 120,000+ have died. I still don’t actually know what the strategy is.... is it:

A) It will disappear in the warmer weather.
    B) Reopen our economy.
    C) Blame China, Protestors, Democrats, Fake News, Anyone but Trump.
    D) Make sure no one wants to go to the poles and vote, due to the pandemic being too severe.
    E) All of the above
    F) Something you could suggest.

I am really hoping it’s F. Tell me it’s F and tell me what the strategy is.