Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeitgeist Movie

Blog Entries

Re: Zeitgeist Movie

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There are several with that name. Is this the one you're talking about?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1166827/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

... Bc
    Yes. That's the one.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's not that similar. Really just the resurrection I suppose.. but for totally different reasons. And Jesus isn't prophecied to return to kill anyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That's not that similar. Really just the resurrection I suppose.. but for totally different reasons. And Jesus isn't prophecied to return to kill anyone.
    Divine birth, miracles, resurrection...

There are lots of religions and periods of civilization that have those types of stories.

They’re not crazy ideas, in a way...but it does make me wonder about ancient civilization travel, engagement, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am a Christian so I come to this movie with a hostile position. Hostile in terms of knowing I won't agree out of the box but not so that I wouldn't give it as fair a hearing as possible.

I am familiar with the movie but am giving it a view now to re-familiarize myself.

The first issue with comparing Horus or any of these other supposed gods is the December 25th birthday. Christianity does celebrate Jesus birth on that day but nobody of consequence believes it is the correct date. Biblically speaking, Jesus was almost assuredly born in mid-September to early October. John the Baptist was born about 6 months before Jesus and John's father, Zechariah, was a priest serving in the Temple about the time John was conceived. The priests would serve in the Temple for 2 week "courses" we have the records of when each course was serving and who was in each course. Given the date Zechariah would be serving, adding 9 months for gestation, and that Mary came to visit Elizabeth just after Mary's miraculous conception. Elizabeth was 6 months pregnant at that time. So 6 months after Zechariah was told his wife was pregnant Jesus was conceived. That puts Jesus birth about 15 months after Zechariah served his 2 week term in the Temple. That puts the birthday of Jesus in mid-September to early October. It also fits better with the description of flocks being in the field, etc.

So using that date as some evidence in the movie shows a slipshod job done in regard to research.

One other note, while these religions referenced all predate Christianity what does NOT are the claims of dying and resurrecting gods and most of the other stuff claimed about them that is also claimed about Jesus. Most, if not all, of the documents we have with this information come after the NT time period. It is at least as likely they borrowed from Christianity as opposed to the other way around.

Another MASSIVE tell of the stupidity of this movie is the continued comparison on solar sun and Son of God.

LOL! THESE ARE ENGLISH HOMONYMS YOU IDIOTS! None of these religions used English for their writings and thus the words aren't homonyms in the original languages.

Bethlehem was a town in Israel so why this "House of Bread" business comes up is stupid. The name wasn't made up, Bethlehem dates back to before King David. On top of that Virgo holding wheat is a long stretch to "House of Bread." I am 17 minutes in and incredulous of how horribly researched and thought out this travesty is.

The 12 disciples are emblematic of the 12 tribes which predates all of these claims and supposed other gods with 12 disciples. The 12 disciples are not something to do with the Zodiac or ripped off from other religions. And again, all of the documents claiming disciples of other gods come AFTER the NT. The religions predate Christianity, but not the documents.

And also keep in mind Christianity is an extension of Judaism. So in reality its roots also predate the NT time frame.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Another MASSIVE tell of the stupidity of this movie is the continued comparison on solar sun and Son of God.

LOL! THESE ARE ENGLISH HOMONYMS YOU IDIOTS! None of these religions used English for their writings and thus the words aren't homonyms in the original languages.
    That is the one I remember the most. And how the outstretched arms they tried to say that meant he was crucified too and that is where they "got the idea" to say Jesus was.

Okay, the crown of thorns and His returning are just another huge error.

He no longer wears a crown of thorns (Mat. 27:29; Mark 15:17; John 19:2, John 19:5) and won't be returning wearing one. It is not claimed anywhere in the Bible He will return wearing a crown of thorns.

The straw men are adding up quickly, along with many other logical fallacies.

LOL, Jesus fish is a pagan astrological sign.

NOPE!

Just had to go to Wikipedia.

Symbolic meaning

ΙΧΘΥΣ (ichthys), or also ΙΧΘΥϹ with a lunate sigma, is an acronym or acrostic[7] for Iēsous Christos, Theou Yios, Sōtēr; contemporary Koine, which translates into English as 'Jesus Christ, Son of God, [Our] Savior'.

Iota (i) is the first letter of Iēsous (Ἰησοῦς), Greek for "Jesus".
    Chi (ch) is the first letter of Christos (Χριστός), Greek for "anointed" (of the Lord).
    Theta (th) is the first letter of Theou (Θεοῦ), Greek for "God's", the genitive singular of Θεóς, Theos, Greek for "God".
    Upsilon (y or u) is the first letter of (h)yios[8] (Yἱός), Greek for "Son".
    Sigma (s) is the first letter of sōtēr (Σωτήρ), Greek for "Savior".

So basically the acronym spelled "fish" in Greek and during times of persecution early on one Christian would draw one arc of the fish and the other would draw the second as a code "words" to identify each other. The symbol was also used on places. But it comes from the Greek word for fish that is spelled out by the acronym "Jesus, anointed God's Son, Savior."

It had nothing to do with the Zodiac.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That is the one I remember the most. And how the outstretched arms they tried to say that meant he was crucified too and that is where they "got the idea" to say Jesus was.
    The December 25th one is my favorite.

Also, Easter is related to the vernal equinox but the Crucifixion and Resurrection are tied to The Exodus and Passover. That we call it Easter is a rip off from pagan religions, but the timing is not. It is tied to Passover as Jesus was crucified on Passover and for good reason (sacrifice for sins, death passing over those covered in the blood). Given His birth in early fall it is likely He was born on either Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement (what I would surmise) or Rosh Hashana (the Jewish New Year). If they would have tied his birth to the Jewish New Year and rebirth it would have made more sense but wouldn't have worked with their whole sun/Son strategy.

Now they are on the age of the earth being 12,000 years old. One, most Young Earthers believe in 6,000 but I digress. This belief is not biblical, the Bible does not claim any age for the earth. This idea comes from bad biblical study and assumptions and the genealogies in the various places of the Bible that are used have known missing points. Also, what we translate as begotten from Hebrew could mean "from the line of" so there are likely huge gaps and not all ancestors are actually referenced but only those with prominence. And in any case if they were all correct at best it puts humanity as 6,000 years old and not the earth or universe.