Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Njoku wants out

Blog Entries

Re: Njoku wants out

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I’d love to get Njoku here. He has cut down the drops but he sure knows how to get open. His blocking was much improved too before he got hurt last year. It won’t happen but that would be a great fit with the other 2 guys we gave.
    I was about to say. As soon as I saw the thread, I thought, "That's GOTA's guy".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The Ravens are going to have to rely a bit less on the TE group this season, if there is a season. I think you're going to see targets to the WR group go up significantly. And based on what we're seeing with Hollywood, that can be a good thing.
    In addition to getting the WR's involved more, I also think there's a lot of room to get our RB's involved even more in the passing game, especially given that 3/4 (Hill, Ingram, Dobbins) should be/are pretty special receiving backs. I think Roman alluded to the fact that we'd see even more formations this years, so yeah; the Ravens brain trust knows what they are doing. No way they let Hurst walk if they think it severely impacts their ability to be effective on offense. And I think with the year they just showed us, the draft of EDC this past year, they have a lot of leash, at least from me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I was about to say. As soon as I saw the thread, I thought, "That's GOTA's guy".
    I still think Nkoku could be that receiving TE that all teams are looking for these days. If he does go anywhere I'd expect it to be with the Patriots but I still wish it was here.

Blog Entries

I still think Nkoku could be that receiving TE that all teams are looking for these days. If he does go anywhere I'd expect it to be with the Patriots but I still wish it was here.
    they have zero cap space. would have to get creative

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I agree. I bet most of the league views njokue as a much better TE than Boyle...

I’d love to get Njoku here. He has cut down the drops but he sure knows how to get open. His blocking was much improved too before he got hurt last year. It won’t happen but that would be a great fit with the other 2 guys we gave.
    You're most likely right that it won't happen. I highly doubt the Browns would trade him within the division.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I agree. I bet most of the league views njokue as a much better TE than Boyle...
    I think that depends on what "kind" of TE you are taking about. Njoku is a pretty special talent as a receiving TE. He'd be in whatever top 10 or maybe even top 5 list of guys like that. Boyle is a 6th offensive lineman that can catch and is a critical contributor to the #1 rushing team in the league.

The better comparison is Njoku to Mandrews, there you can have a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think that depends on what "kind" of TE you are taking about. Njoku is a pretty special talent as a receiving TE. He'd be in whatever top 10 or maybe even top 5 list of guys like that. Boyle is a 6th offensive lineman that can catch and is a critical contributor to the #1 rushing team in the league.

I don't really see where all the love for Njoku comes from.

Receiving TEs better than him: Andrews, Ertz, Kelce, Kittle, Ebron, Hooper, Cook, Gronk, Waller, and Higbee. By the end of the year it wouldn't surprise me if guys like Geisicki, Goedert, Engram, and old friend Hayden Hurst haven't passed him too.

He has a low catch rate, despite playing in a offense loaded with weapons. If you're a believer in DVOA, he's actually really bad.

Bottom line, he had one marginally above-average year, and now he is coming off injury. Seems to me like some people haven't gotten over the love they had for him coming out in the draft.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I don't really see where all the love for Njoku comes from.

Receiving TEs better than him: Andrews, Ertz, Kelce, Kittle, Ebron, Hooper, Cook, Gronk, Waller, and Higbee. By the end of the year it wouldn't surprise me if guys like Geisicki, Goedert, Engram, and old friend Hayden Hurst haven't passed him too.

He has a low catch rate, despite playing in a offense loaded with weapons. If you're a believer in DVOA, he's actually really bad.

Bottom line, he had one marginally above-average year, and now he is coming off injury. Seems to me like some people haven't gotten over the love they had for him coming out in the draft.
    He'd definitely be TE #3 on the Ravens. Give Breeland and/or Wolf a year or two and they might also be better.

If there is a normal number of games this year, Hurst will have 1000+ yds and 10+ TD's in that Falcons offense.

I agree with ur assessments. I think most of the league values receptions over blocking from tight ends. Njokue wouldn't fit here with mandrews already in place

Mandrews almost surpassed Njoku’s 3 year career stats last year. I wouldnt say that is a comparison.

Mandrews is the 3rd best TE in football, Cleveland went out and upgraded the position despite having Njoku. He might have too 10 tools, but his hands, brain and health are barely rosterable. He’s a fringe starter.

Boyle would not be valued by many teams as more than Njoku but As for Value on the Ravens its not even close. I’d MUCH rather have HH than Njoku as our third TE. Honestly, I think Atlanta improved at TE.

If NJoku was a street FA and Andrews were hurt I would kick the tires...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk