Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Njoku wants out

Re: Njoku wants out

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    If there is a normal number of games this year, Hurst will have 1000+ yds and 10+ TD's in that Falcons offense.
    I'd'a said ~800 yds and 5-7 TDs

I think Thor can definitely match what Austin Hooper gave them, and make the Pro Bowl. But a thousand is a lot. Mark Andrews is the favorite target of the QB on the highest-scoring team in the league, and he's never come close to a thousand.

Remember the Falcons still have Julio and Calvin Ridley; also their RB caught 60 for 400 yds last year. Their may not be enough balls to go around, for Hurst to get a thousand.

I still think he'll be good for them, though. A Pro Bowler.

Hooper 2019: 75/97 (77.3%) for 787 yards and 6 TD. 10.5 YPR, 8.1 YPT

Blog Entries

Njoku finally gets a coach who loves tight ends and he wants out. I'm not so sure they're going to trade him despite his request. Hooper was brought in to run a 2 TE set. He's not replacing Njoku. He's working with him. Njoku is looking at his second contract and worried about his numbers but they'll probably be good if he stays on the Browns with what they're planning.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Njoku finally gets a coach who loves tight ends and he wants out. I'm not so sure they're going to trade him despite his request. Hooper was brought in to run a 2 TE set. He's not replacing Njoku. He's working with him. Njoku is looking at his second contract and worried about his numbers but they'll probably be good if he stays on the Browns with what they're planning.
    They still have Beckham and Landry. And Chubb. And Hunt. And Hooper. And only one football.

So serious question Batman: what do you think are the actual numbers he could put up if he stays in Cleveland? I can’t see any way in hell he gets to 500 yards.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    They still have Beckham and Landry. And Chubb. And Hunt. And Hooper. And only one football.

So serious question Batman: what do you think are the actual numbers he could put up if he stays in Cleveland? I can’t see any way in hell he gets to 500 yards.
    didn't he basically miss the whole season with an injury? He doesn't have much leverage to demand a trade

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't really see where all the love for Njoku comes from.

Receiving TEs better than him: Andrews, Ertz, Kelce, Kittle, Ebron, Hooper, Cook, Gronk, Waller, and Higbee. By the end of the year it wouldn't surprise me if guys like Geisicki, Goedert, Engram, and old friend Hayden Hurst haven't passed him too.

He has a low catch rate, despite playing in a offense loaded with weapons. If you're a believer in DVOA, he's actually really bad.

Bottom line, he had one marginally above-average year, and now he is coming off injury. Seems to me like some people haven't gotten over the love they had for him coming out in the draft.
    As far as comparing to Mandrews, I was referring to skillset, not actual production. I would definitely not take Njoku over Andrews or even Hurst for that matter. But in the age of fantasy football and valuation of what a player "can" do, Njoku benefits from the perception that he is an elite receiving TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    As far as comparing to Mandrews, I was referring to skillset, not actual production. I would definitely not take Njoku over Andrews or even Hurst for that matter. But in the age of fantasy football and valuation of what a player "can" do, Njoku benefits from the perception that he is an elite receiving TE.
    Right, I got that. I responded because you said he was maybe top 5, definitely top 10, just considering receiving TEs. I had a list off the top of my head of ten who I think are better, purely as receiving TEs.

I agree with you that the perception is out there that he is an elite receiver. I'm just wondering why.
    "Chin up, chest out."

They could... y'know... work together and stuff. But nah I don't see it, not those personalities.

Plus with Baker throwing to them LOL oh the dysfunction