Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Atheists may oppose Black National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    This is a fine display of the ignorance of being white in this country.

The Black National Anthem was created in 1899. White people wanted NOTHING to do with black people. They despised their very being. The black national anthem was created to unify black people's and create hope. You are painting with an AWFULLY broad brush. There were plenty of white people that wanted to be around black people. Do you think there would have been a civil war if white people didn't think slavery was a bad thing?

That song was a symbol of hope when white people wanted black people to have none. To disparage the song and say it creates disunity is just a blatant display of ignorance, hate, and quite frankly racist. I have seen you disparage the ACTUAL national anthem, which also is supposed to bring unity and give hope to those lucky enough, yes LUCKY enough to be citizens of this fine nation.

If there has been any song that has created disunity, it is the star spangled banner. See the above response. What about the words of that song remotely would cause disunity? The only thing is if you CHOSE to feel differently about a country that has some history that wasn't so great for some people, but that continues to try to improve itself and be a shining example of progress and hope for people all over the world. I would certainly challenge you to point to a country doing that better than this one.

I honestly didn't want the Black National Anthem to be played before the game, but now I hope you all hear the song so much around Week 1 that it makes you sickWell, that sounds like you are the type of person that enjoys division and really doesn't want any actual healing of your perceived wounds.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    This is the posting of someone that tries to see the division in everything, not the common ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    This is the posting of someone that tries to see the division in everything, not the common ground.

Try engaging him.

It's like brushing your teeth while eating oreo's.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

Try engaging him.

It's like brushing your teeth while eating oreo's.
    That is an excellent simile.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Kap really has it rough in the US doesn’t he? Look this picture is worth a 1,000 words. The oppression he deals with and the life he has to live is heart breaking. The middle class American feels for you Kap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

Kap really has it rough in the US doesn’t he? Look this picture is worth a 1,000 words. The oppression he deals with and the life he has to live is heart breaking. The middle class American feels for you Kap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status...04692218081280

You think it was getting benched?

I always thought it was more attributable to him getting some strange with the Radical Leftist Islam Chick.

Either way... he seems pretty highly susceptible to suggestion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    You think it was getting benched?

I always thought it was more attributable to him getting some strange with the Radical Leftist Islam Chick.

Either way... he seems pretty highly susceptible to suggestion.
    I'm not sure what the reason was, I just find it funny he's the face of this when it's clear he hasn't always felt oppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm not sure what the reason was, I just find it funny he's the face of this when it's clear he hasn't always felt oppressed.
    His before and after "woke" life is certainly a stark contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    His before and after "woke" life is certainly a stark contrast.
    You guys always say we should look past and forgive racist tweets from years before. Kaep grew and learned over the years.

You guys always say we should look past and forgive racist tweets from years before. Kaep grew and learned over the years.
    I never say any such thing

Blog Entries

"grew"

Blog Entries

Question Re: Atheists may oppose Black National Anthem

Question : If people want their own National Anthem, doesn't that mean they are not Americans (since we have our own)? If people want to be a part of a country, then why would they want to separate themselves from the rest of us (as in U.S.)? Isn't it better to try to merge yourselves into this melting pot we call America?

I so much wish we all (black, white, Asian, Latino, etc.) can live together in harmony and peace... Bc