Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Atheists may oppose Black National Anthem

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Benjamin Franklin

Sad that men like him no longer influence our government ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Our National Anthem, presents a picture of the idealized America. While we haven't yet hit it, the picture should NEVER be withdrawn, marginalized, discredited or forgotten. If this happens, other pictures w/b substituted in its place. This is what totalitarianism tries to do.

That's what the left is trying to do here.We will no longer be seen as "The land of the free and the home of the brave". We'll be seen as corrupt with "systemic racism" and oppressive capitalism. We have to destroy that. Then, the left will impose THEIR vision of what we must be-you know-like Russia, China or maybe Cambodia. and I guarantee most of you won't like it.

But it will be too late.
    We haven’t hit yet. But the only way to get there is through the system of government our founders formed.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I think OP is highlighting the ridiculous nature to which "I'm offended" has sunk in this nation.

We used to be Americans

We're now a culture of hyphenated subdivisions, identified by some characteristic nobody should really give a shit about... with "victimhood" as the badge of our virtue... with everyone at everyone else's throats because they aren't getting enough victim-love.

I miss the days where men were actual men.
    Lol at "we used to be Americans".....except the fact America made black people not Americans for 400 years. When was this "used to" period? We've always been a country separated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It's a mask dude. Open thine eyes. A black national anthem? Come on. Imagine the outcry if there was a white national anthem. There'd be riots. This is not unity, it's racism on a glorified stage.
    The national anthem was not made with black people in mind!! That is fact!

Our National Anthem, presents a picture of the idealized America. While we haven't yet hit it, the picture should NEVER be withdrawn, marginalized, discredited or forgotten. If this happens, other pictures w/b substituted in its place. This is what totalitarianism tries to do.

That's what the left is trying to do here.We will no longer be seen as "The land of the free and the home of the brave". We'll be seen as corrupt with "systemic racism" and oppressive capitalism. We have to destroy that. Then, the left will impose THEIR vision of what we must be-you know-like Russia, China or maybe Cambodia. and I guarantee most of you won't like it.

But it will be too late.
    When was America the land of the free? When? It's been a lie forever!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post

Seriously. Nobody is buying this shit but you.

Blog Entries

The national anthem was not made with black people in mind!! That is fact!

Really. Where does it say that?

But it will be too late.
    What a balanced, insightful take. The american left want a new Cambodia!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Really. Where does it say that?
    Francis Scott Key celebrated the death of slaves who defected from America and joined the British forces.

Which is of course why your parents struggled to immigrate to this horrible place, bringing you here as a child.

Blog Entries

Francis Scott Key celebrated the death of slaves who defected from America and joined the British forces.

Let’s say that take is accurate. Wouldn’t it be that they were British and not because they’re black?

Amazing what you can think of when race is not the first issue