Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 07.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    When I pulled my hammy 8 weeks ago, I started walking this course through my neighborhood. Since it was
    the lower hamstring, I could run the hills and walk the straights. I was able to maintain some form of conditioning.

5 miles in this heat? Impressive. Started taking sea moss a few weeks ago. Really has made a difference with my energy levels and stamina.
    I've heard great things about Sea Moss, and want to learn how to properly prepare it. For now, I use Noni Juice on jogging days and Beetroot juice on weight training days. Beetroot powder, Maca powder and Yohimbe powder. I'm trying to come up with a better combination.

Basically, the way you push yourself with your runs and your diet, is where I want to be when I'm your age. I'm 33 and just getting to the point where I'm beginning to consider phasing out dairy. I have everything else, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, herbs, spices. I've very selective with my dairy, but I still want to work on phasing it out. When I had my stomach virus, that was the main reason it was so difficult for me to return to my normal diet, as soon as I wanted, the dairy wouldn't hold. Which makes sense. There's good in select dairy, but overall I could shred better without it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I've heard great things about Sea Moss, and want to learn how to properly prepare it. For now, I use Noni Juice on jogging days and Beetroot juice on weight training days. Beetroot powder, Maca powder and Yohimbe powder. I'm trying to come up with a better combination.

Basically, the way you push yourself with your runs and your diet, is where I want to be when I'm your age. I'm 33 and just getting to the point where I'm beginning to consider phasing out dairy. I have everything else, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, herbs, spices. I've very selective with my dairy, but I still want to work on phasing it out. When I had my stomach virus, that was the main reason it was so difficult for me to return to my normal diet, as soon as I wanted, the dairy wouldn't hold. Which makes sense. There's good in select dairy, but overall I could shred better without it.
    I soak it overnight in spring water and fresh squeezed lime juice. Rinse it thoroughly afterwards, then boil for 20 minutes. Once it cools, blend it and you're good to go.

I cut dairy out after reading "Back to Eden" in '94.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I soak it overnight in spring water and fresh squeezed lime juice. Rinse it thoroughly afterwards, then boil for 20 minutes. Once it cools, blend it and you're good to go.

I cut dairy out after reading "Back to Eden" in '94.
    So this sea moss really works? There is so much out there that you can spend a fortune on all the supplements and nutrition.

I think you and Sword should put together a list of the top things you add to your diets and what they do. Many of us are into improving ourselves but haven't had as much experience with all these things.

One that is working for me is Japanese Iron Weed. A supplement that keeps chemicals used in the US from changing testosterone into estrogen. I was astounded at the drop of testosterone levels in men since WW2 and how these chemicals can be to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I started taking 30 min walks two weeks ago and on Friday I started some light postnatal cardio. Feels great to slowly try and get back to where I was

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You're motivated. You'll be there in no time.

BTW you need to replace your wine glass in your Avatar to baby wipes;-)

Blog Entries

Well speaking for myself, I don’t really do any supplements. I have an array of herbs, spices and well, I guess if you wanted to count extracts as supplements.

Here’s a few things that I can think of, off the top of my head. Let me preface this by saying that the best way to get the most out of these things is to add them on top of a strong nutritional diet (Fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds, whole grains, other healthy fats). Once you have a stronger constitution with your diet, you will feel the effects of these things more:

Psychological: Reishi mushroom extract, Ashwagandha powder, Maca powder, ginseng extract

Digestive system: Peppermint extract, various mint teas using the actual leaves, Marshmallow root extract, ground flax meal,

Immune system: Elderberry syrup, Echinacea tea/extract,

Respiratory system: Eucalyptus tea with the actual leaves. Thyme

I feel like I’m missing a system.

Blog Entries

Cinnamon is great for antioxidants and fat burning. However, it’s EXTREMELY important that you buy real ground Ceylon Cinnamon or cinnamon sticks. The cinnamon that’s usually sold at basic stores and nearly every restaurant you’ll go to is Cassia Cinnamon, which doesn’t have nearly the same nutrient value.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    You're motivated. You'll be there in no time.

BTW you need to replace your wine glass in your Avatar to baby wipes;-)
    Haha! Why not both? :) actually I'm drinking more coffee than wine...

Blog Entries

Haha! Why not both? :) actually I'm drinking more coffee than wine...

Do you put anything in your coffee ITT?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do you put anything in your coffee ITT?
    Nothing. Black! Once in a while, cinnamon

Blog Entries

Nothing. Black! Once in a while, cinnamon

I put Ashwagandha powder in mine. Just last week, I started putting reishi extract as well.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    So this sea moss really works? There is so much out there that you can spend a fortune on all the supplements and nutrition.

I think you and Sword should put together a list of the top things you add to your diets and what they do. Many of us are into improving ourselves but haven't had as much experience with all these things.

One that is working for me is Japanese Iron Weed. A supplement that keeps chemicals used in the US from changing testosterone into estrogen. I was astounded at the drop of testosterone levels in men since WW2 and how these chemicals can be to blame.
    Sure thing Bear Arms.

Japanese Iron Weed, huh? I'm going to research this. Sounds interesting. I'm 55 and have never had my levels checked but maybe I should. I guess I never bothered because I feel fine but its worth a look.

Terp post any herb/supplements you recommend