View Poll Results: Will you get a Vaccination for Covid-19 when it becomes widely available?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 25.00%
  • No

8 50.00%
  • Maybe

4 25.00%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will you get a Vaccination for Covid-19 when the Vaccine becomes widely available?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Just a bit of personal advice... because you seem truly mystified that people think of you as a troll.

You seem to be quite pleased at your "skill" at argumentation. As if you have some kind of magic that no one else seems to get. But really, I think to most people you're just annoying. And it really comes as no particular surprise to me that you were thrown out of here at least once, and that you've crawled back under the fence.

The reason you frustrate people, is that you never actually ask people what they think. You mistakenly tell them what they think. And then proceed to attack the mischaracterization that you've asserted as someone else's position.

Not only do you do this... but you do it repeatedly. In fact nearly every time you open your mouth. You're frankly, kind of exhausting. You create bad will in every conversation. You cultivate it, and then seem genuinely mystified each time it happens. It's really kinda cringeworthy.

And it's so obnoxiously exhausting, that people don't even want to deal with you. So they make a cursory comment and move on. And this of course emboldens you to new heights of poorly formed strawmen, which you flail at to your own delight. But in the end, it leaves you with no one willing to converse with you, and eventually, another toss over the fence.

There are plenty of disagreements here... passionate ones. And plenty of cases where people are impervious to reason. People of all stripes and opinions. But none of them come off quite as obnoxious as you.

Don't you find it weird that people who've never met you before already think "yeah, I get why he was tossed out"?
    Nailed it. I just had another poster tell me they're avoiding this section like the plague for the very reasons you mentioned.

Re: Will you get a Vaccination for Covid-19 when the Vaccine becomes widely available?

I voted no because I assume you mean as soon as it becomes available. I think I'll wait a bit (not sure how long a bit will be) to see how effective the vaccine turns out to be, and what the side effects are. Assuming it proves effective without a high chance of serious side effects, then I'll get it.
    Last edited by esmd; 07-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I voted no because I assume you mean as soon as it becomes available. I think I'll wait a bit (not sure how long a bit will be) to see how effective the vaccine turns out to be, and what the side effects are. Assuming it proves effective without a high chance or serious side effects, then I'll get it.
    Yeah, I think when you strip away the hyperbole from my position.. it's pretty much the same as yours.

Although I find it a little disconcerting that the Dr. Fauci's of the world are actually openly talking about using force to assure compliance.

Just a bit of personal advice... because you seem truly mystified that people think of you as a troll.

You seem to be quite pleased at your "skill" at argumentation. As if you have some kind of magic that no one else seems to get. But really, I think to most people you're just annoying. And it really comes as no particular surprise to me that you were thrown out of here at least once, and that you've crawled back under the fence.

The reason you frustrate people, is that you never actually ask people what they think. You mistakenly tell them what they think. And then proceed to attack the mischaracterization that you've asserted as someone else's position.

Not only do you do this... but you do it repeatedly. In fact nearly every time you open your mouth. You're frankly, kind of exhausting. You create bad will in every conversation. You cultivate it, and then seem genuinely mystified each time it happens. It's really kinda cringeworthy.

And it's so obnoxiously exhausting, that people don't even want to deal with you. So they make a cursory comment and move on. And this of course emboldens you to new heights of poorly formed strawmen, which you flail at to your own delight. But in the end, it leaves you with no one willing to converse with you, and eventually, another toss over the fence.

There are plenty of disagreements here... passionate ones. And plenty of cases where people are impervious to reason. People of all stripes and opinions. But none of them come off quite as obnoxious as you.

Don't you find it weird that people who've never met you before already think "yeah, I get why he was tossed out"?
    No, most donīt think of me as a troll, but the other part is somewhat true.

No, Iīve actually several times stated that sometimes I also canīt find the words in english, therefore it sometimes comes out simplistic or even more rude than my intent was. But compared to some here, yes, I do have better "skills", simply because I speak on things I know about. many here donīt. Like you did on Bubba Wallace, or about native americans stance on Redskins or just mow on retrected vaccines. And that is annoying to some of you. Does that sound smug? Sure, I bet it does,but itīs true. And down here, not many are polite. Iīve had way worse thrown at me than I ever dished out.

Oh, many come across as obnoxious as me, Jesus. Tahts why many avoid this section altogether, way before I was ever here.
    I saw NC saying how he got meassages about this. Guess what, so have I, several times, from posters agreeing with me but unwilling to even egage the bigotry down here.

People that never met me? That would be you here then. And as I stated, perhaps I did indeed misinterpet why you posted what you did about Bubba. And I apologized. You have still not clarified it tjough. And you ran away from the Redslurs thread when asked to back your claims. And you had no clue about what you posted about retracted vaccines, and managed to get in right wing politics in medical research even. So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Nailed it. I just had another poster tell me they're avoiding this section like the plague for the very reasons you mentioned.
    So did I get back in the day, many times, encouraging me to keep contradict you, even though they themselves didnīt have the enrgy to do so down here. thereīs always two sides, no?

Yeah, I think when you strip away the hyperbole from my position.. it's pretty much the same as yours.

Although I find it a little disconcerting that the Dr. Fauci's of the world are actually openly talking about using force to assure compliance.
    This should absolutely be a major concern to anyone with half a brain.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barksdale View Post
    So did I get back in the day, many times, encouraging me to keep contradict you, even though they themselves didnīt have the enrgy to do so down here. thereīs always two sides, no?
    I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Try reading it with the Swedish Chef accent, from the muppets.

Blog Entries

What is unclear? You say people posted you to tell you people like me are the reason they donīt come here, yes? I say that Iīve gotten the same, people not coming here because of the right wing, back patting, ganging up on leftists aura that oozes here. But you know this, many have said it publicly too.

One or two more posts like this and youīll even surpass the infamous Ditkas in making fun of me being swedish. In just a day. It took him months. Congrats!

BTW, you read my post about "mercury" in vaccines? No comments?