Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Lamar Jackson Article on ESPN.com

Yeah, and I didn't realize how insane that Boykin Jets TD was until someone (probably Jim?) posted the clip of it from Lamar's angle; just unreal anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Repeats are possible.

IF I was another team, I would take the same approach. Better to do something that has worked than what the other teams did and lose easily.
    Teams are built differently though. KC has also beaten us, while doing absolutely nothing like what the Titans and Bills did. You have to have the personnel -- starting with two very good safeties.

But you could also beat the Ravens in a shootout -- like KC has done. If you have a good running game, you can try to dominate the clock and keep Lamar on the sidelines. That worked for Cleveland.

Personally I'd rather stick with what my team does well and take my chances that way, rather than trying to be a team that I'm not.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Then last year on the second TD in the first half of the second Cleveland game. No other QB that I know of tries that throw. Under pressure he steps up in the pocket, sees a small window to the TE and lobs it over for the TD. The see it to throw it speed for Lamar Jackson is far better than any other QB I've seen.
    Is that the one with the dender draped around his waist, so Lamar couldn't even set both his feet for the throw?

If we're talking about the same play – that was RIDICULOUS. Every bit of it. The agility to make the pass-rusher miss; the processing speed you call out here; the body control to get the pass off at all, the arm talent to make it arrive on-target. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    Yeah, and I didn't realize how insane that Boykin Jets TD was until someone (probably Jim?) posted the clip of it from Lamar's angle; just unreal anticipation.
    Yeah: two clips and a couple of stills from the end zone angle. I think the stills really underline it. They're here:

Every once in a while Lamar makes a play that, for real, til now we've only seen Aaron Rodgers make. Not so much a matter of jaw-dropping raw arm talent, as the combo of agility + body control + spatial awareness + placement. That Jets TD is an example. There was another one last year, a play where a rusher pulled on Lamar's throwing arm, and Lamar shook it off, reset his feet, and completed a pass downfield. Crazy: yet he makes it look routine.

Blog Entries

I’m pretty sure that Jets game pass to Boykin was a “no-look”

Poise, anticipation, throwing platform and arm angle flexibility....another “plus” level play from Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is that the one with the dender draped around his waist, so Lamar couldn't even set both his feet for the throw?

If we're talking about the same play – that was RIDICULOUS. Every bit of it. The agility to make the pass-rusher miss; the processing speed you call out here; the body control to get the pass off at all, the arm talent to make it arrive on-target. Ridiculous.
    That's the one.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Another good article thanks for posting
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said