Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Cam Newton to Pats

Can Cam be a ultra accurate passer? Brady was and he struggled with these receivers. Unless Cam can this offense is going to need to be very run heavy and Cam is not going to last as a running QB long. He always took too many hard hits. Where LJ is the master of slipping out of bounds or sliding off hard tackle Cam was always a brute force runner. It has caught up with him.

Worse to me is the Pats are not as talented a team on defense this year as they were last. Their wr group is below average. And their cap situation is beyond tight. The only thing going for them is they play in a very weak division.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Can Cam be a ultra accurate passer? Brady was and he struggled with these receivers. Unless Cam can this offense is going to need to be very run heavy and Cam is not going to last as a running QB long. He always took too many hard hits. Where LJ is the master of slipping out of bounds or sliding off hard tackle Cam was always a brute force runner. It has caught up with him.

Worse to me is the Pats are not as talented a team on defense this year as they were last. Their wr group is below average. And their cap situation is beyond tight. The only thing going for them is they play in a very weak division.
    There are many ways to skin a cat. Tannehill had great numbers last year and he isn't an ultra accurate passer. With the right scheme i think Cam can still be good. New England will run a lot.

Cam's not the runner he once was but he's still better than 90% of QBs, so defenses will still have to account for him as a runner, which will help both the running game and the passing game.

I expect their defense still to be good, even if it has slipped a little. I don't think they'll win the super bowl but they're back in the division/wildcard race.

This is great for Cam Newton. Happy for the man.

Checking out the videos on ESPN’s YouTube channel. 4-5 videos on cam Newton with the patriots. 0 videos about Patriots, spygate 2.0 @ the browns vs bengals game and being fined / losing a 3rd round pick.
    Those patriot’s PR know what they’re doing. Hate the pats. Lol

Hes a bum who hasnt played in two years! Ask the Panthers how they feel about cam lol

also, we gotta kill this narrative about Cam not being a hyper accurate QB, as if to imply that if one is not hyper accurate, one is also not accurate. A quote from a SI article I'm going to link below; "Before Cam injured his shoulder, he was playing some of the best football since his 2015 MVP campaign during those first eight games of 2018. He completed 67.3 percent of his passes (177-263) for 1,893 yards to go with 15 TDs compared to just four INTs. Additionally, he rushed for 342 yards and four more TDs on 4.68 yards per attempt. After his shoulder flared up, his accuracy dwindled and he struggled to get the ball down the field, losing his last six starts before being shut down for the season."

And as QtR mentioned, more than one way to skin a cat. You don't think Josh McDaniels can design an offense that caters to Cam and not to Tom Brady? What galaxy are we living in guys? The only way, and I mean the only way, this doesn't work out, is if Cam's health doesn't hold up. Cam has had pretty much two years to not get hit and to rehab his body, and his foot thing, from what I understand, was more of a freak accident type thing.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news...-on-cam-newton

Quote Originally Posted by jamb17 View Post
    Hes a bum who hasnt played in two years! Ask the Panthers how they feel about cam lol
    Most Panthers fans would still rather have him.

Figured the Pats would find a way to get Cam. And Richard Sherman is right, good grief. We’ll see, and I do agree BB is going to take a lot from both the Ravens and bills (josh Allen is more of a power guy like Cam).

Silver lining is that I don’t think the Pats will be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.... of course now that I said it that’s what’ll happen.
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post

Figured the Pats would find a way to get Cam. And Richard Sherman is right, good grief. We’ll see, and I do agree BB is going to take a lot from both the Ravens and bills (josh Allen is more of a power guy like Cam).

Silver lining is that I don’t think the Pats will be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.... of course now that I said it that’s what’ll happen.
    BB ain't tanking

I´m actually surprised that other teams didn´t do more to keep a guy like Cam away from Hoodie.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    Almost certainly a year out from perhaps being an 8/9 win team. Probably will be bad for another year, but their future (assuming they hit on like half their draft picks) is promising.
    The way the NFL is, Brady and Brees could fall off a cliff and/or retire after the season and the Panthers take the damn division in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    BB ain't tanking
    100% Spot on. I’m saying you never know what trade or other insanity he’ll pull.

If you said 7 months ago cam would be a pat for under $1m (before incentives) about no one would believe it.
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post

Lol I live in NC bud!! Cam sucks he has a career 55% completion percentage and hurt for half of his career!! They wont beat the Bill's let alone us or the cheifs!