Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cam Newton to Pats

Bill Belichick watching Lamar whoop his Pats and everyone else on Sunday turns to friend and says “Hold my beer and hand me the phone”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Bill Belichick watching Lamar whoop his Pats and everyone else on Sunday turns to friend and says “Hold my beer and hand me the phone”
    I watched that 2019 game last night. The simple fact that you have a QB who is a threat to run, changes everything. Read the DE (don't' block him) and whatever he does, it's wrong. Then double team the next level. It's so simple yet so difficult to defend because it's pure gap integrity.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They still don't have any weapons - is Matt LaCosse going to turn into Greg Olsen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Now that is ART

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Belichick signed Cam for two reasons:

1.) He would know what to do with him
    2.) Cam’s work ethic and desire to win won’t be the issue. Just because he dresses like Mrs. Doubtfire doesn’t mean he doesn’t work hard. That’s just perpetuated silliness.
    Agreed. I think this is a good match, unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Kind of hard for a certain other FA QB to ask for anything more than minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It could be up to $7.5 million with incentives. My guess is that the minimum contract is to cover NE in case he can't play at all, because there's no medical testing. I would imagine some of those incentives will be quite easy to hit and he'll get quite a bit more than minimum, if he's able to play most games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I watched that 2019 game last night. The simple fact that you have a QB who is a threat to run, changes everything. Read the DE (don't' block him) and whatever he does, it's wrong. Then double team the next level. It's so simple yet so difficult to defend because it's pure gap integrity.
    The last time I saw Cam on TV it looked like his arm was held together by chewing gum and duck tape. I’ll be surprised if his arm holds up....but IF it does they got something

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    They still don't have any weapons - is Matt LaCosse going to turn into Greg Olsen?
    To be fair, Cam never had the greatest set of weapons in Carolina, and Lamar doesn't have the greatest set of weapons here (before the objection, of course we have far better weapons than the Patriots have now with Cam, but beyond Lamar they're certainly not what you would expect from a historic offense) and both were able to amplify their offenses beyond what I think even an elite pocket passer could because of their threat to run and extend plays. I don't think the bet is that Cam makes the Patriots an elite offense; I think solidly average, with a strong running game and skilled in situational football, with that defense and the coaching of BB, is enough to make the team a super bowl contender. A healthy Cam, BB, and a top 5 defense is just not something you want to face in the playoffs, whether you're the Chiefs or the Ravens (both of which have far more talented rosters than this patriots team, even with Cam).

Blog Entries

As some have mentioned, the issue will be Cam’s health.

The trio of Christian McCaffrey, Curtis Samuel, and DJ Moore is quietly one of the better trios in the NFL, albeit developing/rising quickly. The QB play and team in general was just so bad it's easy to overlook.

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    The trio of Christian McCaffrey, Curtis Samuel, and DJ Moore is quietly one of the better trios in the NFL, albeit developing/rising quickly. The QB play and team in general was just so bad it's easy to overlook.
    Very interested in seeing what Teddy Bridgewater does in that offense, but the defense has some big holes in it that all their rookies are going to have to plug with little practice time.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Very interested in seeing what Teddy Bridgewater does in that offense, but the defense has some big holes in it that all their rookies are going to have to plug with little practice time.
    Almost certainly a year out from perhaps being an 8/9 win team. Probably will be bad for another year, but their future (assuming they hit on like half their draft picks) is promising.