Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Cam Newton to Pats

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    He might not start. It's a 1 year deal. Bellicheck might not want to commit a new system to a guy he'd have then pay big to keep. He'll have to fit into the patriots system, which bellicheck changes now and then anyway, and look to find a new team whet the market is different

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    The most inevitable move of the year has happened.

Cam will start ahead of whateverhisnameis and the Patriots will run a Cam friendly system. They run a different system from year to year anyway and Belichick has apparently been itching to work with a mobile QB for a while. They'll probably have a run heavy system and steal a few tricks from the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lol did the bills get worse?
    No, but Cam is more accurate than people think and remember how the Patriots system has made average QB's look great. Jacoby Brissett, Matt Cassel, and Damon Huard.

Cam is a legitimate NFL caliber starter which can't be said about those guys.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Looks like a bare minimum deal with incentives if he makes the team. Anyone think he beats out Stidham? If healthy I do.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    The most inevitable move of the year has happened.

Cam will start ahead of whateverhisnameis and the Patriots will run a Cam friendly system. They run a different system from year to year anyway and Belichick has apparently been itching to work with a mobile QB for a while. They'll probably have a run heavy system and steal a few tricks from the Ravens.
    Not sure if mobile Cam is an option anymore given his recent injury history, but i actually predicts BB to draft a mid round athletic QB and steal some from the Ravens. Then again, Cam is a rental. Maybe that pick comes next year and he develops it with Cam now

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Pats are now a playoff team again. I think the Bills still take the division but would not be surprised if they blow it and the Pats keep the streak alive.

That said, Newton's got to stay in pristine condition if they want to have any shot in the playoffs and I don't think that happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lol did the bills get worse?
    There QB is Josh Allen. While they made nice moves I still expect a regression to the mean as we usually do with teams that have a good defense but bad qb ie Bears last year and countless others before

good. this takes out an alternative if Big Jen shits the bed. i was afraid he might go to pittsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    There QB is Josh Allen. While they made nice moves I still expect a regression to the mean as we usually do with teams that have a good defense but bad qb ie Bears last year and countless others before
    i dont see an easy division win even with allen regressing. He had 20 TDs and 9 INT - didnt really do much more than a game manager.

are you saying he will throw for less than 20 TDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Looks like a bare minimum deal with incentives if he makes the team. Anyone think he beats out Stidham? If healthy I do.
    Kind of hard for a certain other FA QB to ask for anything more than minimum. Also there went his last chance at a starting job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very good point about Cam not being an option for the Steelers if Ben is as mediocre as I think he will be this season; that would've been a pain in the arse to deal with twice a year.

He’s done

Blog Entries

hidden in all of this - they were also disciplined for the Bengals taping yesterday. Nice distraction

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...aping-bengals/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!