Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Cam Newton to Pats

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At some point, the question will be: “If he’s such a great passer, why don’t they let him pass more” and there will be no answer for the masses that will suffice
    At some point the question will be: "If he's such a bad passer, why they got so many Lombardi trophies in their display cabinet," and there will be no answer for the masses that will suffice.

I gotta say, Sword complaining about too few pass attempts is one of the most reassuring signs that we really are gonna have a normal football season. Awesome!

If Lamar never gets respected by opposing defenses as a passer then that bodes greatly for us when he continues to lead the league in passing touchdowns with 36 to 6 TD/INT ratios.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    "In fact Russ sucked for quite awhile, hes maybe the most improved QB ever not named Lamar Jackson."

WHAT?

Russell Wilson had the NCAA passer rating record for a season for a while there. Did not suck in college, was great.

Then, when he went to the Seahawks, pro bowl first year, in his 2nd year, he won the Super Bowl.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    In college there are qbs who run 26 times a game pretty often. Those QBs do great, run a lot, win a lot, and sometimes they get a chance to play QB or switch positions. A team without a QB could've taken Lynn Bowden, Malcolm Perry and Khalil Tate this offseason. And that team, with those 3 QBs, could've gotten 26 runs a game out of the QB position. You've got 3 of them on the roster, and you're keeping a list of others who can do the same. If one particular QB gets injured, it's next man up.

I'm saying that I'd like to see other teams, not just the Ravens, have their QB or QBs run 26 times a game. That team would win more than they lost.

I'm not sure I said "same overall result" but maybe. I'd say that if Lamar goes 13-2 in a season, the other top running QB backups would get the Ravens to the playoffs. So, is that the "same overall result". I would say that if the Ravens had Terrelle Pryor at starting QB with what they have on both sides of the ball now, the Ravens would have a winning record and would go to the playoffs. But I'm not saying 14-2. RGIII, Kaepernick, Newton, running a lot - all would take the Ravens to the playoffs. Would all those guys put up some blowout victories against good/great teams? I don't know about that. Lamar did that. But so far Lamar is 0-2 in the playoffs. Lamar is tops regular season, but those playoffs, not good. Kaepernick, Newton, Wilson all went to the Super Bowl and Wilson won.
    You cant just plug in/rotate 4 different QBs in a season for so many reasons you could fill a book. Then consider the roster spots, all the draft pics used for one position. Your passing game would be absolute trash too, chemistry is huge actual football isnt Madden youre not replacing a players stat card with similar numbers. In practice what youre describing would be easily defended your team would struggle to win even 1 game imo.

If we are going to pretend those Seahawks teams were not about the Legion fine whatever, the stars of that team didnt think Russ was all world back then either and said so publicly. Trent Dilfer won a SB too. Being an alternate on the Pro Bowl team as a rookie isnt nothing but considering the team he was on... Sucked is too harsh, more in the context of how good he is now.

Blog Entries

You are back pedal from sucks to not all world. I just consider some aspects of football to be objective and I thought Russ’s NFL career was one of them.
    But, it seems like people tend to hold on to their initial pre-draft assessments and attribute the difference between their assessment and the prospects level of play to an heretofore impossible level of improvement.

Same perception happened with Lamar.
    Lol, Lamar during the course of a couple of off-seasons went from WR to MVP😝
    Russ went from sucking to top 5 QB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You are back pedal from sucks to not all world.
    yes thats what my post says, "sucks was too harsh" etc and not all world being in response to how John had framed his early years and that i did not think that was a case closed argument. I also say LJ the most improved QB pretty much ever for my money. Nothing confusing or in need of reframing or "unpacking" that i can see.

Happy 4th i enjoy reading your posts.

Blog Entries

he showed up

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he showed up

Is that his Betelgeuse suit?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Is that his Betelgeuse suit?
    Lol, what’s wrong with that dude. Betelgeuse outfit lol.

I’m still pissed the Pats have him for free.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Lamar isn’t going to be truly respected as a passer, until this becomes a passing offense. He has to at least have some period of time showing his passing skills, in a passing offense. Once he’s done that, even if they return to a running offense, he will still have that respect. You’re just not going to convince the nation that Lamar is a great passer when he’s in an offense that is last in the league in passing attempts.

It becomes a case of wanting your cake and eating it too. Wanting the luxury of this running offense while also having your QB respected as one of the best passers in the league.

At some point, the question will be: “If he’s such a great passer, why don’t they let him pass more” and there will be no answer for the masses that will suffice until that changes. You can talk about how great a runner he is. You can talk about how this offense works. It’s not going to matter. Especially, when things like that Titans game are out there.
    I agree with you from the vantage point that casual fans won't 'truly respect[ed] as a passer' until the offense becomes a passing offense. Casual fans often times don't understand the nuances of football and look mainly at empty 'counting stats' and media soundbites.

But we know better.

And I would much rather WIN then have a passing offense.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Cam sounds super motivated. I have this new fear that well be playing the Pats in the AFC championship game after they upset the Chiefs. We'll be playing at 7PM sunday night after Brady's flame flickered bright and the Buccanneers just rolled the 49s in the NFC game. The Pats alone wouldn't worry me with the monkey off Lamar's back but..... Could we beat both the Pats and the NFL/refs?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk