Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: Cam Newton to Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Patriots settle grievances on Antonio Brown, Aaron Hernandez contracts :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dez-contracts/
    freed up $7M in cap space - going after Njoku?
    I'm starting to get scared of them.

Blog Entries

If I’m Bill my plan is for Cam to be healthy during the playoffs - playoffs run.
    That would be one of the main goals of the QB room.
    Whatever that formula looks like, and there are a bunch of ways to get it done, Cam needs to be healthy/fresh when they need him. (Brees and Brady) could probably benefit from a controlled game/pitch count also.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    If I’m Bill my plan is for Cam to be healthy during the playoffs - playoffs run.
    That would be one of the main goals of the QB room.
    Whatever that formula looks like, and there are a bunch of ways to get it done, Cam needs to be healthy/fresh when they need him. (Brees and Brady) could probably benefit from a controlled game/pitch count also.
    I think Bill and McDaniels will coach Cam not to hold onto the ball for so long. Get it out of your hands quick, avoid those unnecessary hits.

To be honest, we don’t even know how his new throwing motion is. I recall 2019 off season, he was working on a new motion. He got injured in the preseason and never really got to use it in actual games. So that’s another variable we have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I think Bill and McDaniels will coach Cam not to hold onto the ball for so long. Get it out of your hands quick, avoid those unnecessary hits..
    That's what Norv had him doing in '18. Worked great. Cam was good at it.

I recall 2019 off season, he was working on a new motion. He got injured in the preseason and never really got to use it in actual games. So that’s another variable we have to see.
    Oh, good for him. I hated his old throwing motion. Seemed laborious. The opposite of "easy and compact".

I heard The Fan talking about if BB would still be the GOAT coach if not for Brady. Without Brady he has a losing record over the course of 100+ games. Wonder if Cam will actually win the division....

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I heard The Fan talking about if BB would still be the GOAT coach if not for Brady. Without Brady he has a losing record over the course of 100+ games.
    Sort of unfair, In Cleveland he took over a 3-13 team and over the course of four seasons built an 11-win team around Vinny Testaverde and backup QB Mark Rypien. Then Art announced he was moving the team, and everything went to shit.

In New England he took over a mediocre (8-8) team, and had one bad season before embarking on the dynasty.

In 2008 he went 10-5 with Matt Cassel as his starter.

In 2016 he went 3-1 with Jimmy G and Jacoby Briskey as his starters.

Brady has had the greatest career of any QB in history. But it seems plain to me that if we have to pick only one of them as holding the magic, it's Belichick.
    (Of course in reality it's the partnership that was magic.)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Sort of unfair, In Cleveland he took over a 3-13 team and over the course of four seasons built an 11-win team around Vinny Testaverde and backup QB Mark Rypien. Then Art announced he was moving the team, and everything went to shit.

In New England he took over a mediocre (8-8) team, and had one bad season before embarking on the dynasty.

In 2008 he went 10-5 with Matt Cassel as his starter.

In 2016 he went 3-1 with Jimmy G and Jacoby Briskey as his starters.

Brady has had the greatest career of any QB in history. But it seems plain to me that if we have to pick only one of them as holding the magic, it's Belichick.
    (Of course in reality it's the partnership that was magic.)
    It was absolutely the partnership. One could not be great without the other. Can't wait to see what he does in Tampa.

It took him four years to go from 3-13 to that 11-win team -- which was his first winning season. It's not like he turned it around overnight. And his team was 4-5 the following year BEFORE they announced the move. So that narrative is way overplayed IMO. People act like the Browns were about to become some sort of juggernaut. But the roster was the same craptastic one that moved to Baltimore. The one that BB built. Does anyone think that BB would have had that '96 Ravens roster in the playoffs?

Winning ten games with Matt Cassell? Meh. Billick won nine with *Kyle freaking Boller.*
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I think Bill and McDaniels will coach Cam not to hold onto the ball for so long. Get it out of your hands quick, avoid those unnecessary hits.
    Yup, several ways to get it done. Getting the ball out quick is a factor.

I would understand if he plays Stidham and Cam.
    One way to keep Cam healthy for a playoff run is to limit his reps.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said