Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Who does America owe reparations

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Cant edit but again, if this was to happen youd be better spending this money in education in low income (white, black and every other colour) communities and try and help these people help themselves out of poverty
    Giving people lump sums of money does no good in reducing poverty.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I have another question about race and equality. And wasn’t sure which thread to put this.

So I was at my sons lacrosse practice this morning. This location has two turf fields side by side. His team was on one field. The other field was not assigned. There was a black male decked out in Dematha gear. Head to toe, with hat also. He had two high school aged boys on the field. They looked to be doing drillls, running, stretching, catching. No problem. People use the fields when they aren’t assigned to teams that pay for the use. Not my concern. This man/coach had a boom box playing music. It was loud. (I walk around the track of these two fields for exercise). I could clearly hear the lyrics from the opposite side of the field. It was loud. Now I don’t usually listen to rap music. And I have heard that sometimes the rappers use nig&er in the lyrics. And it is cool. But whites can’t say it. That ain’t cool. Well, no exaggeration. The 4 -5 songs I hear while walking all used that word constantly. Like every 3rd to 4th word was nig&er this and nig&er that. Almost as if these 4 or 5 songs were just singing about the word.

So if the word is so bad. And whites can’t say it. Why as a black adult, representing a prominent high school, with two children, would you be blasting that. I was imagining going into an urban setting and taking over a basketball court, and blasting some neonazi crap while waving a confederate flag.

Can the black posters respond with some type of justification for this behavior? If I would ha e said something, would i have been the racist?
    If you wanna say the N-word, then go ahead and say it. No one is stopping you, I promise. Free speech. It's a personal thing. If you feel the need to make that word a part of your everyday diction, then by all means, have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I will say that one difference is that the source of borrowed funds is also the source of the lost revenue and increased expense. Said a different way, I have no issue borrowing $10T from a China to clear up Covid and stiff them on the bill, but do not feel the same way about $14T for reparations for people that never experienced slavery themselves, and few even survived Jim Crow times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are a lot of people that have survived Jim crow that are still around they are in their late 50s we have not been out of Jim Crow that long anyone born before 65 is all Jim crow dont forget that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I will say that one difference is that the source of borrowed funds is also the source of the lost revenue and increased expense. Said a different way, I have no issue borrowing $10T from a China to clear up Covid and stiff them on the bill, but do not feel the same way about $14T for reparations for people that never experienced slavery themselves, and few even survived Jim Crow times.

Probably be cheaper in the long run to pay the 350K when each recipient reaches the age of majority, in exchange for their signing a contract relinquishing any claim to federal, state, or local assistance or social programs of any kind thereafter.

Nice answer you fucking dickhead. In real life you have to be a real annoying piece of shit and color has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    If you wanna say the N-word, then go ahead and say it. No one is stopping you, I promise. Free speech. It's a personal thing. If you feel the need to make that word a part of your everyday diction, then by all means, have at it.
    What a fuc*king sissy boy hypocritical dodge...

You are a punk to reply like that. It was a legitimate query about a taboo word. A PUNK!!!
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 06-28-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    What a fuc*king sissy boy hypocritical dodge...

You are a punk to reply like that. It was a legitimate query about a taboo word. A PUNK!!!
    And I gave an honest answer. No one should feel as if it's a taboo thing. We all know what the word means.

Tell me, what would be the logical end to a question like that? A black person telling to not say the word?

It's one of those things that doesn't have much bearing on anything at all really. If you wanna say it, just say the darn thing. Let it rip.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    There are a lot of people that have survived Jim crow that are still around they are in their late 50s we have not been out of Jim Crow that long anyone born before 65 is all Jim crow dont forget that

Really people born before 55 or 60 actually experienced it and may remember. And yes I know we are still talking ah maybe 5-10 million people that fit that category.
    Few was a poor choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    And I gave an honest answer. No one should feel as if it's a taboo thing. We all know what the word means.

Tell me, what would be the logical end to a question like that? A black person telling to not say the word?

It's one of those things that doesn't have much bearing on anything at all really. If you wanna say it, just say the darn thing. Let it rip.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    You might get punched in the face not just being told not to say it

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Giving people lump sums of money does no good in reducing poverty.
    How does putting money into the education system system equate to handing out lump sums of money

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You’re assuming I’m okay with the money given out for COVID
    Im thought from your answer to jonboy you were.

Why wouldnt you be? The governments had to do something

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    How does putting money into the education system system equate to handing out lump sums of money
    I thought it said putting the money in education AND low income areas.

To answer the original question, Baltimore spends 17k per student a year and has one of the worst systems in America. By way of comparison my city spends 10k per student and has far, far better outcomes. Giving lump sums of money does no good in improving education.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock