Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: NFL Season Predictor

Sticking to 10 wins for the pats

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Sticking to 10 wins for the pats
    We're still going to toast those fuckers. Whether big Ben and Cleveland can also take them down is to be seen.

Honestly, Cam hasn't looked good since his MVP year and they still have no weapons. I'll wait for the hype to die down. 8 wins.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Not really gonna do records for each team, just general predictions/thoughts on the divisions.

AFC North-Ravens should win anywhere between 12-14 games next year. I really do think anything less then 12 wins, with the schedule we have and the talent we have, is a disappointment. So much would have to go wrong for us to win less then 12, as I see it. I think the Brownies have a cup cake schedule and too much talent to badly flop again, and I predict that Ben will be washed/that Pitt offense not very good again, and for their defense to regress a bit; Bengals won't win more than 4 games.

AFC South-I actually think they'll have two playoff teams represent this division, the Texans and the Titans. The Titans are not fool's gold; what they're doing with Tannehill and PA is sustainable, so long as Henry doesn't fall off a cliff, and I actually think Vrabel is a good coach. I'm slightly bullish on the team; and I think if the texans finally get some health luck in their receiving corps, they can have a well-balanced attack. Of course, BoB puts a ceiling on the team, but Watson makes sure their floor is almost always gonna be around 8 games.

AFC West-This division has two teams I'm so ambivalent on, the Chargers and the Bronco's; I feel confident that one of these teams will pop, but I'm really unsure which one to go with. I think I lean with the Chargers bouncing back, with their elite defense and the steadying hand of Tyrod Taylor. 2 playoff teams

AFC East-I do not believe in Josh Allen at all. Great defense, and the addition of Diggs is awesome, but I just don't believe in them. Given the announcement of the Pats signing Cam, Patriots look like an 11 win team to me, and the clear division favorites. Thinking on this, and how much easier the division is, perhaps put the Bills as a wildcard team over the Chargers. 7th playoff spot will be a real mash between the Steelers/Chargers/Broncos and Bills; think the Texans and Browns will be the other comfortable wildcard teams.

I'll probably do the NFC later

Looks like I'm higher on the Colts than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    Not really gonna do records for each team, just general predictions/thoughts on the divisions.

AFC North-Ravens should win anywhere between 12-14 games next year. I really do think anything less then 12 wins, with the schedule we have and the talent we have, is a disappointment. So much would have to go wrong for us to win less then 12, as I see it. I think the Brownies have a cup cake schedule and too much talent to badly flop again, and I predict that Ben will be washed/that Pitt offense not very good again, and for their defense to regress a bit; Bengals won't win more than 4 games.

AFC South-I actually think they'll have two playoff teams represent this division, the Texans and the Titans. The Titans are not fool's gold; what they're doing with Tannehill and PA is sustainable, so long as Henry doesn't fall off a cliff, and I actually think Vrabel is a good coach. I'm slightly bullish on the team; and I think if the texans finally get some health luck in their receiving corps, they can have a well-balanced attack. Of course, BoB puts a ceiling on the team, but Watson makes sure their floor is almost always gonna be around 8 games.

AFC West-This division has two teams I'm so ambivalent on, the Chargers and the Bronco's; I feel confident that one of these teams will pop, but I'm really unsure which one to go with. I think I lean with the Chargers bouncing back, with their elite defense and the steadying hand of Tyrod Taylor. 2 playoff teams

AFC East-I do not believe in Josh Allen at all. Great defense, and the addition of Diggs is awesome, but I just don't believe in them. Given the announcement of the Pats signing Cam, Patriots look like an 11 win team to me, and the clear division favorites. Thinking on this, and how much easier the division is, perhaps put the Bills as a wildcard team over the Chargers. 7th playoff spot will be a real mash between the Steelers/Chargers/Broncos and Bills; think the Texans and Browns will be the other comfortable wildcard teams.

I'll probably do the NFC later
    I like your takes. In similar fashion I'll skip my win predictions because I haven't had the time. Shout out to WNC, liked your assessment slightly more than Culexs

AFC north: Ravens are insanely good. Cleveland and Steelers are hard to predict because 3rd bew coaching staff in 3 years for Cleveland, lack of preseason. Steelers question is so Big Ben be healthy. I don't have any issues with people saying one or the other will emerge as a wildcard. It's guessing at this point with Cleveland probably having a higher ceiling and the typical lower Cleveland floor.

AFC South: always the most confusing division because there's never a clearly dominant team. People like Indy preseason. Everyone loves Watson. Jacksonville was a playoff team like 3 years ago and is totally in the cellar. Personally I think Houston is following Javksonville and in its way down the drain. It'll be a few games worse this season and a full rebuild in 2. Probably an injury to Watson being blamed, but really is bad management. Titans and Vrabel are legit. Maybe Colts are better with Rivers, but like Cam and Brady, gotta wonder why they were available. Cold have a shot at a wildcard though

AFC West: I think you're sleeping on Denver. Most of the optimism comes from Drew Lock and the last few games where he lost to some good teams, beat the other in the division except KC. It's hard to project a whole season, but that's the thought process. They're my pick for wildcard. Raiders are garbage. Chargers are a huge ? With a new QB.

AFC East: I do think Buffalo is legit. I do think Flores showed us something at the end of the year. Maybe they are a season or 2 away, but I like them. This division has a tough schedule that i think looters the wildcard options. I think Patriots win 8 no matter which veteran QB they put back there. There's a reason they wanted to move on in NC. When was the last time a veteran, changing teams, coming off injury and being dropped from his franchise went on to great things? It happens, but not as often as Flacco in Denver type end games. Gase will hold the Jets to mediocre.

Yeah, tough call between Denver and Chargers for me. If Locke turns out to be real, with the weapons he has around him...sheesh. And I guess my belief in the Chargers just goes back to how good of a team they were only two years ago; I thought they were the most talented team in the AFC (all the good that did them, but still). I really don't think they will start Herbert unless things fall off the rails, and I think Tyrod can keep them from losing games, and I think Derwin James will show himself to be a generational talent and that defense will go back to being a top 3 unit in the NFL. Sort of like a Pitssburgh steelers team of last year, but with better weapons and a better QB.

I think there's real reason to be cautiously optimistic from the perspective of a Browns fan. I think under Stefanski Baker will be much better, he won't be put in as many situations to lose the Browns games, they have talent everywhere, and I think the scheme and leadership will fit that talent better. Still think they'll crumble under big games/to quality teams, but I see no reason to think they will have a repeat of last year, where they lost their gimmes. Needless to say, if they do, Baker is far worse than I think he is, and I think Baker probably tops out at a slightly above average QB.

While the Steelers always play us tough, I'm not concerned about them doing very well this season at all. A Tomlin coached team, and all that talent defensively, will always result in them having a stubbornly high floor, but that floor is about where the ceiling is too. I'd almost be stunned if they won more than 8 or lost more than 7 lol.

I'm low on the Colts. I think Rivers is absolute toast. I think Deshaun is too good to allow that Texans team to slip too much, and for as awful a GM he is, BoB is a good coach. He gets results. Combined with Jacksonville being in the basement and the Colts being very eh (to me), that's 4 easy wins for the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Looks like I'm higher on the Colts than most.
    You're not alone. It's not me, but I would love to hear what the pro Colts people are seeing. Good offensive line is really all I know about them. They were favorites last season too and Houston and Titans both outplayed them.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    You're not alone. It's not me, but I would love to hear what the pro Colts people are seeing. Good offensive line is really all I know about them. They were favorites last season too and Houston and Titans both outplayed them.

outside of TY their WR talent is also pretty minimal right?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    outside of TY their WR talent is also pretty minimal right?
    I don't know their team well. Being honest. We can't all be experts on every team.

That's where it starts, the offensive line which may be the best in the NFL this season (crossing fingers that a full season happens).

LT - Anthony Castonzo - long time anchor still playing at a high level
    LG - Quenton Nelson - might already be the best guard in the NFL
    C - Ryan Kelly - top ten Center
    RG - Mark Glowinski - weak link but okay
    RT - Braden Smith - top five RT

Add to that line, Jonathan Taylor at RB. The Colts would do best to run the ball quite a bit with him and Marlon Mack and set up play action. As a runner, I'm very high on Taylor. Not as a pass blocker. But anyway, RB is probably the easiest position to translate to NFL success as a rookie and there are many examples of that, like Josh Jacobs last season.

I also don't think Philip Rivers is toast; however, I do think he's near the end of his career and needs to be more of a game manager. The Colts ultimately sink or swim with his ability to swallow his pride. Watch out for Parris Campbell coming back from injury last season. Also rookie Michael Pittman will get plenty of opportunity to shine. Their TE (Jack Doyle, Trey Burton) are both veterans that aren't stars but solidify the spot.

On defense, DeForest Buckner is going to have a huge impact and make everyone else better. San Francisco might have been the only team in the NFL that could afford to lose him - they lucked out being able to draft Javon Kinlaw but for the Colts, Buckner's vetaranosity better helps them to win now. Watch out for Kemoko Turay, I've got him down for a breakout season on the EDGE opposite Justin Houston. The LB unit is led by Darius Leonard so no issue there.

My biggest worry for the team, other than Philip Rivers' health, is the secondary. They kind of have studs (Malik Hooker, Rock Ya-Sin) and duds (TJ Carrie, Xavier Rhodes) there. Xavier Rhodes is an X factor... which one are they getting?

Finally, the schedule looks favorable to me. In division, I believe the Texans are much worse and the Titans slightly worse but still right there. And then there's the Jags who are a dumpster fire. They get to play the NFC North which IMO is weak sauce. They don't have to do much traveling and their only Thursday night game is @ TEN which is a loss anyway.

So.... hey, I can only predict based on the current rosters. Every team is going to be hit with injuries and I guess positive tests for COV-2. But that's how I see it currently. 10-12 wins and a playoff spot alongside Tennessee.

We're still going to toast those fuckers. Whether big Ben and Cleveland can also take them down is to be seen.

Honestly, Cam hasn't looked good since his MVP year and they still have no weapons. I'll wait for the hype to die down. 8 wins.

Cam can return to form if he can get out of all that baby mama drama he's got going on. That stuff can be a mess and distract you from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's where it starts, the offensive line which may be the best in the NFL this season (crossing fingers that a full season happens).

LT - Anthony Castonzo - long time anchor still playing at a high level
    LG - Quenton Nelson - might already be the best guard in the NFL
    C - Ryan Kelly - top ten Center
    RG - Mark Glowinski - weak link but okay
    RT - Braden Smith - top five RT

Add to that line, Jonathan Taylor at RB. The Colts would do best to run the ball quite a bit with him and Marlon Mack and set up play action. As a runner, I'm very high on Taylor. Not as a pass blocker. But anyway, RB is probably the easiest position to translate to NFL success as a rookie and there are many examples of that, like Josh Jacobs last season.

I also don't think Philip Rivers is toast; however, I do think he's near the end of his career and needs to be more of a game manager. The Colts ultimately sink or swim with his ability to swallow his pride. Watch out for Parris Campbell coming back from injury last season. Also rookie Michael Pittman will get plenty of opportunity to shine. Their TE (Jack Doyle, Trey Burton) are both veterans that aren't stars but solidify the spot.

On defense, DeForest Buckner is going to have a huge impact and make everyone else better. San Francisco might have been the only team in the NFL that could afford to lose him - they lucked out being able to draft Javon Kinlaw but for the Colts, Buckner's vetaranosity better helps them to win now. Watch out for Kemoko Turay, I've got him down for a breakout season on the EDGE opposite Justin Houston. The LB unit is led by Darius Leonard so no issue there.

My biggest worry for the team, other than Philip Rivers' health, is the secondary. They kind of have studs (Malik Hooker, Rock Ya-Sin) and duds (TJ Carrie, Xavier Rhodes) there. Xavier Rhodes is an X factor... which one are they getting?

Finally, the schedule looks favorable to me. In division, I believe the Texans are much worse and the Titans slightly worse but still right there. And then there's the Jags who are a dumpster fire. They get to play the NFC North which IMO is weak sauce. They don't have to do much traveling and their only Thursday night game is @ TEN which is a loss anyway.

So.... hey, I can only predict based on the current rosters. Every team is going to be hit with injuries and I guess positive tests for COV-2. But that's how I see it currently. 10-12 wins and a playoff spot alongside Tennessee.
    I don't believe Rivers has a whole lot if anything, left. He's really been a turnover machine lately.