Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You’re high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knew that'd lure you. See me in two years vato

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    LJ has played a season and a half and yet to win a playoff game.

I expect he'll surpass Flacco as the best Ravens QB, but he's not done it yet.
    Imagine the Ravens were going into the season with that best ever team as our line up. (That would be nice)
    Which quarterback would make you more confident that we were going to win the Super Bowl? (I know we'd win it with either, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Knew that'd lure you. See me in two years vato
    Future production doesn’t count. Hell by that thinking ...Hollywood should be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mason not being on it is a travesty. Also, muah, that defense...

I don't understand why Joe is so unappreciated. People see mto forget the horrible QB carousel that we endured since the franchise came here. Joe was the first legit Number 1 we ever saw and all we do is disparage him. Yes he is not the athlete that Lamar is but the question is about the greatest QB not greatest athlete.Lamar himself judges his value in terms of SB wins. Once he's won one then the comparison becomes legit. Until then give Joe his due.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It's also a joke that Derrick Mason, who is the fucking team leader in receptions and yards, and 3rd in TDs, didn't make it over Steve Smith. Recency bias? At this point there's probably more than a few Ravens fans who weren't fans when Mason was playing for us.
    Yeah no Flacco and no Mason were my biggest "issues" haha. Recency bias+younger demographic voting, I assume?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    I don't understand why Joe is so unappreciated. People see mto forget the horrible QB carousel that we endured since the franchise came here. Joe was the first legit Number 1 we ever saw and all we do is disparage him. Yes he is not the athlete that Lamar is but the question is about the greatest QB not greatest athlete.Lamar himself judges his value in terms of SB wins. Once he's won one then the comparison becomes legit. Until then give Joe his due.
    1000000%
    Joe was our first TRUE franchise QB

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    LJ has played a season and a half and yet to win a playoff game.

I expect he'll surpass Flacco as the best Ravens QB, but he's not done it yet.
    It's a fair point. But -- I'd pay money to see Jamal Lewis running thru the holes that Lamar's presence would keep defenses from being able to close. Hell, he might go for three thousand.

Once he's won one then the comparison becomes legit. Until then give Joe his due.
    It's a pretty straightforward peak-value versus career-value argument. There's no question whatsoever that Joe is the pick by career value (so far). Lamar's at least a couplefew years away from even making it a discussion. It won't be close, for a while.

It should be just as obvious that by peak value, Lamar is the pick. Joe never came close to having a season like Lamar just did. Even if you want to limit it to Joe's tippity-top peak, his four-game stretch in the 2012 postseason, he was not as good as Lamar's four-game stretch immediately after Seattle this past year.

It's a legit split. I got no problem with anyone picking either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It's also a joke that Derrick Mason, who is the fucking team leader in receptions and yards, and 3rd in TDs, didn't make it over Steve Smith.
    Michael Jackson & Derrick Alexander say hi.

I think the real shame is that since 1996, we've never had a WR in his 20s that's worth considering as a "true #1". Quan & Smitty & Mase were all imports over 30, on the downside of their careers. Honestly it's kind pathetic that they're our prime candidates for "best receiver", no matter which you go with.

I'm super excited that DeCosta made the commitment to "grow our own". We're a couple years away from being able to gauge the results; hopefully this list will look different.

It's not underappreciating Joe to think Lamar is better. He just is. Joe was great, won us a Super Bowl and saved us from QB hell. He was our best ever QB by a mile, but then Lamar came along.