Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Damn, great point, I totally forgot about Deion LOL
    And McNair would be the QB.

it really boils my blood to see people CONTINUALLY holding the San Diego game against rookie, 22 year old, took over the offense mid-way in the season Lamar Jackson, especially when it was apparent to anyone with eyes that the major deciding factor in that game was that our O-line got their asses handed to them the entire game. Can we stop linking together the San Diego game and the Tennessee game as if their were any valuable connection between the type of player Lamar was in those years (for god's sake, Lamar was consensus one of the worst passers two years ago, and was consensus one of the best this past year)? Unless you want to make the absolutely dubious, unfalsifiable and psychological "it's something about the bright lights herp derp..."

Anyway, it just all depends whether one takes the criteria for All-Time team to be who had the highest peak while with the twam, regardless of how long that peak was/is, or who had the better career. I think the intuitive take is the latter position, and that would be mine as well, so it's Flacco for me. But this isn't because Flacco's peak was better than Lamar's last year. As has been pointed out, Flacco maybe, maybe sniffed top 10 after the 2012 run (which was the most magical sports run in my entire life, and likely will remain so). Lamar was the unanimous MVP. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    it really boils my blood to see people CONTINUALLY holding the San Diego game against rookie, 22 year old, took over the offense mid-way in the season Lamar Jackson, especially when it was apparent to anyone with eyes that the major deciding factor in that game was that our O-line got their asses handed to them the entire game. Can we stop linking together the San Diego game and the Tennessee game as if their were any valuable connection between the type of player Lamar was in those years ... ? Unless you want to make the absolutely dubious, unfalsifiable and psychological "it's something about the bright lights herp derp..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And McNair would be the QB.
    Former NFL MVP after all. And more Pro Bowls.

If you are going to advocate for Lamar, and say that you are talking best player, you can't turn around and then include Boulware over Dumervil. Dumervil was a better player than Boulware, by pretty much any numbers you want to look at. So which is it? Seems to me you are picking and choosing which of your own rules you want to follow.

You'd also have to pick Sharpe over Heap...
    Really?

Would you also say that Johnny Unitas was the Chargers best QB?

Blog Entries

Results are in:

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

As much as I love Goose, he was honestly probably the worst of the secondary options for DT lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

It's also a joke that Derrick Mason, who is the fucking team leader in receptions and yards, and 3rd in TDs, didn't make it over Steve Smith. Recency bias? At this point there's probably more than a few Ravens fans who weren't fans when Mason was playing for us.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 07-10-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    back on twitter

I'm putting Andrews over Heap TBH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm a bit baffled that anyone would vote for Flacco as the Ravens all time best QB. Yes, he won a Super Bowl. Yes, that was nice but in no way does it make him a better QB than Lamar.

At Flacco's peak there was discussion about whether he was a top 10 QB or not, whereas anyone putting Lamar outside the top 3 is an idiot. Last year he was in the top 1.
    LJ has played a season and a half and yet to win a playoff game.

I expect he'll surpass Flacco as the best Ravens QB, but he's not done it yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I'm putting Andrews over Heap TBH
    You’re high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I love Goose, he was honestly probably the worst of the secondary options for DT lol.
    It's also a joke that Derrick Mason, who is the fucking team leader in receptions and yards, and 3rd in TDs, didn't make it over Steve Smith. Recency bias? At this point there's probably more than a few Ravens fans who weren't fans when Mason was playing for us.
    Agree with both those points.

To me, at the points they were at their careers when they were here, Mason was clearly the superior player. And for DT, while I liked Goose, I don't think I would have put him above Buddy Lee, and even Sam Adams.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.