Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    How about the all time worst Ravens team? I have the corners covered (pun intended because they couldn't cover a golfball with a circus tent)

DeRon Jenkins and Antonio Langham. AKA 'the burn unit'.
    Antonio Langham did have 8 interceptions in 2 seasons as a Raven, at least. I'd say Donny Brady was much worse! DeRon Jenkins was indeed absolutely abysmal, as well! How the latter two outlasted the former by 1 and 2 years in Baltimore, respectively, is remarkable!

Blog Entries

Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Antonio Langham did have 8 interceptions in 2 seasons as a Raven, at least. I'd say Donny Brady was much worse! DeRon Jenkins was indeed absolutely abysmal, as well! How the latter two outlasted the former by 1 and 2 years in Baltimore, respectively, is remarkable!
    I can't remember what game it was, but I Langham was getting lit up like a pinball machine. OMG. Yeah, I think we put a premium on corners after those guys.

The thing about these All Time lists. If we are talking best players then dont bring stats and careers into the mix because once you do youre forced to simply look at the numbers and pick the best. If youre going to make a career argument for Falcco then make it for every position or u dont have an argument. But thats boring af so we are talking BEST PLAYER not career. Its Lamar Jackson.

Anyway I take extreme issue with any list not including Jamal Lewis or Peter Boulware. Imagine Boulware on this years squad good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    The thing about these All Time lists. If we are talking best players then dont bring stats and careers into the mix because once you do youre forced to simply look at the numbers and pick the best. If youre going to make a career argument for Falcco then make it for every position or u dont have an argument. But thats boring af so we are talking BEST PLAYER not career. Its Lamar Jackson.

Anyway I take extreme issue with any list not including Jamal Lewis or Peter Boulware. Imagine Boulware on this years squad good lord.
    Both jamal and boulware were in my teams.

I think the only current player who made my list was Stanley and i wasnt even sure about him

How about the all time worst Ravens team? I have the corners covered (pun intended because they couldn't cover a golfball with a circus tent)

Headed the all-time Ravens walk-of-shame list is Harper le Bel.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm a bit baffled that anyone would vote for Flacco as the Ravens all time best QB. Yes, he won a Super Bowl. Yes, that was nice but in no way does it make him a better QB than Lamar.

At Flacco's peak there was discussion about whether he was a top 10 QB or not, whereas anyone putting Lamar outside the top 3 is an idiot. Last year he was in the top 1.
    For me, Flacco's 2012 playoff run and the fact that he was clutch in the playoffs and always gave us a chance put him higher on the list. Do I think Lamar will end up being better? Yes, but unfortunately his 2 non-clutch playoff performances hurt him. Maybe revisit in a few years though :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No love for Frank Walker? ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Both jamal and boulware were in my teams.

I think the only current player who made my list was Stanley and i wasnt even sure about him
    No wolfpack? McAllister OK, but who's the second CB better than Marlon? Apparently it is a long service award.

I totally understand that you love the players who've been great over a long period most of all but that's going too far for me.

3 and long Deron. Langham was good when he first got here but he got complacent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Do we have to enter our name and email for our votes to count? Anyway:

Flacco
    Jamal
    Vonta
    Mason and Boldin (really thought about Torrey Smith over Boldin)
    Heap
    JO and Stanley
    Yanda and Mulitalo
    Birk

McCrary (only one DE? Burnett snubbed)
    Ngata and Gregg
    Suggs and Boulware
    Sugar and CJ
    McAlister and Jimmy
    Ed and Rod

Jacoby (toughest decision on the list over Jermaine)
    Tuck
    Koch
    Cox

I would have preferred a 53-man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    No wolfpack? McAllister OK, but who's the second CB better than Marlon? Apparently it is a long service award.

I totally understand that you love the players who've been great over a long period most of all but that's going too far for me.
    Forgot about the wolfpack. All 3 of them in.

I cant remember who my other corner was now actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Imagine Boulware on this years squad good lord.
    "Chin up, chest out."