Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I think Sharper is misplaced as an inside lb. It puts him at a disadvantage but I guess that's the only way to get him on here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Oddly enough, I think it actually helps Jamie Sharper. I'd take him over Bart Scott & C.J. Mosley, even though Sharper was indeed an OLB. Suggs & Boulware should no doubt be the two OLB choices, so it seems that perhaps they placed Sharper at ILB simply as a way to potentially sneak him through or something.

Additionally, I personally feel like there should have been a do-it-all type of "Special Teamer" slot — besides the four main ST spots of K/P/LS/RS — if for no other reason than to get Adalius Thomas through somehow. After all, he made the Pro Bowl that way in 2003. Plus, he was a hybrid defender. The dude played approximately 8 positions under Rex!

2. Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Not that it ultimately matters, since they wouldn't win over others anyways, but I believe Samari Rolle & Mark Ingram II were snubbed by not even being listed on the ballot as candidates at their respective positions.

Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Not that it ultimately matters, since they wouldn't win over others anyways, but I believe Samari Rolle & Mark Ingram II were snubbed by not even being listed on the ballot as candidates at their respective positions.
    Ingram has been here one year, and you consider it a snub that he is not listed as a candidate for the team’s all-time best RB?

Priest Holmes and Justin Forsett were bigger snubs. (Although they weren’t snubs at all.)

Ingram sits 16th on the team’s all time rushing list — right behind Errict Rhett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm a bit baffled that anyone would vote for Flacco as the Ravens all time best QB. Yes, he won a Super Bowl. Yes, that was nice but in no way does it make him a better QB than Lamar.

At Flacco's peak there was discussion about whether he was a top 10 QB or not, whereas anyone putting Lamar outside the top 3 is an idiot. Last year he was in the top 1.

I, too was baffled, but in the opposite direction.

"January Joe" Flacco's playoff performance and SB MVP award has easily been the best in Ravens history, the best in Baltimore since Johnny U., and one of the best in the 100 year history of the NFL.

On the other hand, Lamar's playoff performance has been an abysmal embarrassment. While Lamar has been really exciting, it's merely been the regular season. But when it really counts in January, the kid is an 0-for-2 flop.

Give Jackson some time and he will most certainly pass Flacco, but, as of now, he hasn't earned the title.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Yeah thought the same but some younger people may not know because he usually doesn't get love. Ray and Ozzie said he was the playmaker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Nobody can be in an all time team 2 seasons into a career imo
    I think they can if those two seasons are good enough. It's not a long service award. It's picking the best players at their positions. There are a lot of people on the ballot who had relatively short Ravens careers. Some of them will make the team. None of them was as good as Lamar. None of them was a unanimous MVP

Blog Entries

I put a lot of value on longevity with the team in addition to on field play and accomplishments for stuff like this, and not just go with the best player at each position. That’s why it’s Flacco for me, along with Heap over Andrews and Mason over Sr., along with some of the other choices as well.

I love Lamar as much as anyone here but I just couldn’t vote for a guy with 1 1/2 seasons under his belt with the franchise, no matter how good that season was. Not when the other option was solid if not spectacular for several seasons, led the team to a SB trophy and won SB MVP.

It’s not like Flacco is chopped liver lol. They went to playoffs 5 straight years with him at QB, 3 AFCCG, 1 SB title, etc. The end, obviously not as good.

8. Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Ingram has been here one year, and you consider it a snub that he is not listed as a candidate for the team’s all-time best RB?

Priest Holmes and Justin Forsett were bigger snubs. (Although they weren’t snubs at all.)

Ingram sits 16th on the team’s all time rushing list — right behind Errict Rhett.

Except for the fact that they did include Justin Forsett on the ballot of RB candidates. That's what I meant. And I knew someone was going to try and make this case about a one-year tenure. Forsett was also good for all of one year for the Ravens just like Ingram (thus far). As soon as Kubiak was gone, so was the production of Justin, as predictably expected.

Also, speaking of tenures, Marcus Peters — who debuted Week 7 of 2019 — is on the list @ CB. Yet meanwhile, Samari Rolle is nowhere to be found, just as one example. Granted, Peters was immediately impactful, is better, and I do believe he belongs. Still, if you can have 6 CBs, what's one more? Starks, McAlister, Webb, Smith, Humphrey & Peters are all on there. The same thing goes for the amount they have at Safety, which is 6: Eric Turner, Rod Woodson, Ed Reed, Dawan Landry, Eric Weddle & Earl Thomas III). Yes, one-year Ravens, Eric Turner & ET3, are included!

Now, as for the RB topic, what happened when Ingram wasn't fully healthy tells a tale in itself, similar to whenever Jimmy Smith is injured (prior to the arrivals of Marlon, then subsequently Marcus). Let's also not forget that Ingram was part of the best rushing attack ever in NFL history. Overall, Forsett & Ingram's stats were comparably close. Their respective yardage totals were similar. Forsett edged him out there by a bit, but they both went over 1,000 yards in a season as Ravens. Forsett had 8 total TDs (all rushing) & 5.3 YPA in 2014, whereas Ingram had 15 total TDs (10 rushing + 5 receiving) & 5 YPA in 2019.

I do concur wholeheartedly that Priest Holmes was "snubbed", so to speak, and I was going to mention him. In fact, I think they all could have been included, especially considering how many Safeties & Corners were listed as selections. IMHO, if you list 6 RB candidates instead of the 4 they decided on (Jamal, McGahee, Rice & Forsett), then I feel Forsett is #6. Both Priest & Ingram are/were better and deserved inclusion. Albeit, it's all moot anyways, because you can only choose one, and essentially everyone is going to go with either Jamal or Rice — rightfully so, of course!
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 06-27-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I put a lot of value on longevity with the team in addition to on field play and accomplishments for stuff like this, and not just go with the best player at each position. That’s why it’s Flacco for me, along with Heap over Andrews and Mason over Sr., along with some of the other choices as well.

I love Lamar as much as anyone here but I just couldn’t vote for a guy with 1 1/2 seasons under his belt with the franchise, no matter how good that season was. Not when the other option was solid if not spectacular for several seasons, led the team to a SB trophy and won SB MVP.

It’s not like Flacco is chopped liver lol. They went to playoffs 5 straight years with him at QB, 3 AFCCG, 1 SB title, etc. The end, obviously not as good.
    Flacco isn't chopped liver but Lamar is filet mignon. The rest of the football world will point and laugh when we name Flacco as our greatest ever QB.
    Joe was always under rated outside Baltimore, but they'll have a point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I, too was baffled, but in the opposite direction.

"January Joe" Flacco's playoff performance and SB MVP award has easily been the best in Ravens history, the best in Baltimore since Johnny U., and one of the best in the 100 year history of the NFL.

On the other hand, Lamar's playoff performance has been an abysmal embarrassment. While Lamar has been really exciting, it's merely been the regular season. But when it really counts in January, the kid is an 0-for-2 flop.

Give Jackson some time and he will most certainly pass Flacco, but, as of now, he hasn't earned the title.
    That sums it up nicely. The timing hurts Lamar because it's a smaller sample size compared to Flacco. You can only go with what you've been given and Lamar just hasn't played great in the postseason and those were both home games. Flacco stepped up played his best football in the post season including winning a Super Bowl and being the major reason why the Ravens had that playoff run and won that Super Bowl. Flacco gets my vote right now.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Flacco isn't chopped liver but Lamar is filet mignon. The rest of the football world will point and laugh when we name Flacco as our greatest ever QB.
    Joe was always under rated outside Baltimore, but they'll have a point.
    Nah. It’s about Super Bowls and the post-Season. Joe excelled there. As of now ...outside of B’More ....Lamar chokes when the lights are brightest. Until we beat KC and win a playoff game ...that opinion ain’t gonna change. Look at Manning. He was “ best regular season QB “until he broke through an won some playoff games.

Blog Entries

How about the all time worst Ravens team? I have the corners covered (pun intended because they couldn't cover a golfball with a circus tent)

DeRon Jenkins and Antonio Langham. AKA 'the burn unit'.