Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It's not underappreciating Joe to think Lamar is better. He just is. Joe was great, won us a Super Bowl and saved us from QB hell. He was our best ever QB by a mile, but then Lamar came along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Imagine the Ravens were going into the season with that best ever team as our line up. (That would be nice)
    Which quarterback would make you more confident that we were going to win the Super Bowl? (I know we'd win it with either, but still)
    One of them won a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    One of them won a Super Bowl.
    Does that mean Dilfer's a better Ravens QB than Lamar too?

Does that mean Dilfer's a better Ravens QB than Lamar too?
    Dilfer’s play didn’t really influence the Super Bowl win. Hence why he wasn’t Super Bowl MVP. The 2000 Win was truly a Team win with basically Defence and Sp Teams doing all the work.

Joe not only influenced the Win but his performance in Playoffs is what got us there.

To say anything different would be disingenuous at an Epic level.

We can ALL agree that LJ is special...but he hasn’t won when it counts. That’s when Joe was his best. Once Lamar gets a few playoff wins and maybe a Super bowl trip/ win ...then I think the argument is clearly over and Lamar is the Best QB in Ravens history.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Dilfer’s play didn’t really influence the Super Bowl win. Hence why he wasn’t Super Bowl MVP. The 2000 Win was truly a Team win with basically Defence and Sp Teams doing all the work.

Joe not only influenced the Win but his performance in Playoffs is what got us there.

To say anything different would be disingenuous at an Epic level.

We can ALL agree that LJ is special...but he hasn’t won when it counts. That’s when Joe was his best. Once Lamar gets a few playoff wins and maybe a Super bowl trip/ win ...then I think the argument is clearly over and Lamar is the Best QB in Ravens history.

So Joe ran back a kick return for a touchdown in the Super Bowl too? Intercepted Manning in overtime? Was on defense for the goal line stand in the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    So Joe ran back a kick return for a touchdown in the Super Bowl too? Intercepted Manning in overtime? Was on defense for the goal line stand in the Super Bowl?
    I’m not even going there with you.

I’m not even going there with you.

😂😂

That’s when Joe was his best.
    Ah, yes. The playoffs, when Joe was at his best.

2008 game 1 – 9 of 23 (39%) for 135 yds, rating 59.1
    2008 game 2 – 11 of 22 for 161 yds and a TD, rating of 89 (<-- honestly, fairly decent against a very strong opponent)
    2008 game 3 – 13 of 30 (43%) for 141 yds (4.7ypa) with 3 INTs, rating of 18
    2009 game 1 – 4 of 10 for 34 yards (3.4ypa) and an INT, rating of ten
    2009 game 2 – 20 of 35 (57%) for 189 yds (5,4ypa) and 2 INTs, rating of 48

Flacco's cumulative line for his first two years in the playoffs:
    57 of 120 (47.5%) for 660 (5.5ypa) with 1 TD and 6 INTs, rating of 46.5

Joe didn't have a good game in the playoffs until his third season @KC, a week shy of his 26th birthday. And followed it up with a stinker in Pittsburgh, 4.2 yards-per-attempt in a 16-30 loss. (Though TBF that was the game where Boldin dropped the pass in the end zone.)

"January Joe" didn't make his first appearance until 2011, when Joe was 27.

If Lamar had the team around him that Joe had carrying him in 2008-9, we'd be two-time defending SB champs.

I just want to point out the obvious - that defense, if all of those players were in their prime together- is absolutely freaking terrifying! There is nowhere you can go with the ball. Throw it deep - picked off. Throw it underneath, someone is getting lit up. Hesitate to throw it, you get lit up. Running? Forget it.

And can you imagine a run offense with Jamal and Lamar under center? Nothing but bad options to try to stop it. The San Diego idea of running 7 DBs - just run behind JO all day long. I'll never forget Jamal only having his forward progress stopped by the entire Cleveland Browns defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ah, yes. The playoffs, when Joe was at his best.

2008 game 1 – 9 of 23 (39%) for 135 yds, rating 59.1
    2008 game 2 – 11 of 22 for 161 yds and a TD, rating of 89 (<-- honestly, fairly decent against a very strong opponent)
    2008 game 3 – 13 of 30 (43%) for 141 yds (4.7ypa) with 3 INTs, rating of 18
    2009 game 1 – 4 of 10 for 34 yards (3.4ypa) and an INT, rating of ten
    2009 game 2 – 20 of 35 (57%) for 189 yds (5,4ypa) and 2 INTs, rating of 48

Flacco's cumulative line for his first two years in the playoffs:
    57 of 120 (47.5%) for 660 (5.5ypa) with 1 TD and 6 INTs, rating of 46.5

Joe didn't have a good game in the playoffs until his third season @KC, a week shy of his 26th birthday. And followed it up with a stinker in Pittsburgh, 4.2 yards-per-attempt in a 16-30 loss. (Though TBF that was the game where Boldin dropped the pass in the end zone.)

"January Joe" didn't make his first appearance until 2011, when Joe was 27.

If Lamar had the team around him that Joe had carrying him in 2008-9, we'd be two-time defending SB champs.
    I can prognosticate too. If Joe had Hollywood , Ingram and Andrews...we’re 99% multiple Super Bowl Champs. The other 1% is because of Pees!

Can't wait for Lamar to get 3-4 more great seasons in so he can put the Flacco debate to bed.

Right now Lamar's resume is very much like early Bert Jones. We have to hope the same thing doesn't happen to Lamar than happened to Bert (i.e. debilitating injury)

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Can't wait for Lamar to get 3-4 more great seasons in so he can put the Flacco debate to bed.

Right now Lamar's resume is very much like early Bert Jones. We have to hope the same thing doesn't happen to Lamar than happened to Bert (i.e. debilitating injury)
    Bert Jones? Who?

Jk, just trying to piss off lax 😂