Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

I had posted this in the offseason thread and it was suggested it would make a fun thread, so splitting it out into a thread here.

The Ravens are hosting a vote in honor of their 25th anniversary, to put together their all time team.

Vote here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/fans...all-time-team/

My ballot -

Flacco (I can see Lamar getting it and don't really have a problem with that, he's certainly better than Flacco ever was, but I have to go with Joe here because of the SB)
    Rice
    Leach
    Mason/Boldin
    Heap
    Ogden/Stanley
    Yanda/Mulitalo
    Birk
    McCrary
    Ngata/Gregg
    Suggs/Johnson
    Lewis/Scott
    McAlister/Smith
    Reed/Woodson
    Tucker/Koch/Cox
    Jones - but this is maybe the toughest choice, him or Jermaine Lewis

How are you guys voting?
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 06-27-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Re: Vote for Ravens ‘All Time’ Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I had posted this in the offseason thread and it was suggested it would make a fun thread, so splitting it out into a thread here.

The Ravens are hosting a vote in honor of their 25th anniversary, to put together their all time team.

Vote here: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/fans...all-time-team/

My ballot -

Flacco (I can see Lamar getting it and don't really have a problem with that, he's certainly better than Flacco ever was, but I have to go with Joe here because of the SB)
    Rice
    Leach
    Mason/Boldin
    Heap
    Ogden/Stanley
    Yanda/Mulitalo
    Birk
    McCrary
    Ngata/Gregg
    Suggs/Johnson
    Lewis/Scott
    McAlister/Smith
    Reed/Woodson
    Tucker/Koch/Cox
    Jones - but this is maybe the toughest choice, him or Jermaine Lewis

How are you guys voting?
    Mine are almost identical to yours. Lol at the comments on the website. People chose Stover bc of his hip stance prior to kicking? Odd lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I added Sharper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I wasn’t around when Deion sanders was here. He must have been pretty good still?

Unpopular I'm sure, but my WR's were Mase and SSSr. Honestly, those two and Boldin are pretty much all equal in my eyes. Boldin had the dominant postseason run, and it's possible we don't win that Lombardi without him.

But the other two were more effective over the whole of their career. Boldin never had a 1,000 yard season here. Teams didn't have to game plan for him against us the way they did Mase and SSSr. Both of those guys were major parts of the offense here, while Boldin -- aside from a magical month in 2013 -- was not.

I also had Jamal over Rice. Also a close call, but back when Jamal was playing, the QB-du-jour could've come up to the line, and shouted out loud, "We will be handing off to Jamal. He will be running left, behind JO and Big Ed. Gash will be leading the way. Best of luck." Just so dominant.

My other difference with Bhc was Boulware over JJ. Love JJ, very much a dirty work guy, unsung hero. But Pete had 70 sacks, DROY, first team All Pro. That one's pretty clear-cut to me.
    "Chin up, chest out."

I'm a bit baffled that anyone would vote for Flacco as the Ravens all time best QB. Yes, he won a Super Bowl. Yes, that was nice but in no way does it make him a better QB than Lamar.

At Flacco's peak there was discussion about whether he was a top 10 QB or not, whereas anyone putting Lamar outside the top 3 is an idiot. Last year he was in the top 1.

I think Sharper is misplaced as an inside lb. It puts him at a disadvantage but I guess that's the only way to get him on here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

As much as I liked Flacco (mostly) and that Super Bowl run, Lamars last season is one for the history books and even if he´d never play a nother down he´s the easy choice.

WR:s is the hardest. Went with the Smiths actually. Also picked Brandon W at DT, but I like him more than many seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm a bit baffled that anyone would vote for Flacco as the Ravens all time best QB. Yes, he won a Super Bowl. Yes, that was nice but in no way does it make him a better QB than Lamar.

At Flacco's peak there was discussion about whether he was a top 10 QB or not, whereas anyone putting Lamar outside the top 3 is an idiot. Last year he was in the top 1.
    He's a year and a half into his career thats why. Ask again in 3 or 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He's a year and a half into his career thats why. Ask again in 3 or 4 years.
    Exactly. Flacco threw for over 38,000 yards, 200 TDs, and won nearly 100 games in a Ravens uniform. Oh yeah, and the 10 playoff wins. And the Super Bowl. Lamar is not close to any of that.

Lamar has had a better SEASON that Joe ever had, but who has had the better Ravens career? It's not even close. Hopefully Lamar will blow Joe out of the water, and do it in pretty short order. But until he actually does it, it's all speculative.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Exactly. Flacco threw for over 38,000 yards, 200 TDs, and won nearly 100 games in a Ravens uniform. Oh yeah, and the 10 playoff wins. And the Super Bowl. Lamar is not close to any of that.

Lamar has had a better SEASON that Joe ever had, but who has had the better Ravens career? It's not even close. Hopefully Lamar will blow Joe out of the water, and do it in pretty short order. But until he actually does it, it's all speculative.
    All this.

Nobody can be in an all time team 2 seasons into a career imo